scottybo

Jeudy for McCaffrey (Dynasty Auction PPR)

In a Dynasty Auction PPR ($100 cap), my team going into draft is as follows.

QB - Watson ($1)
RB - JK Dobbins ($4), AJ Dillon ($3)
WR - AJ Brown ($11), Waddle ($10), Jeudy ($9), Pittman ($6), G Davis ($2), J Palmer ($2)

This would leave me $52 to draft with, which is fairly strong compared to rest of league. The best available RB in the auction will probably be Barkley, CEH and Josh Jacobs plus rookies, so nothing great.  

Been offered Mccaffrey ($30) for Jeudy ($9).  Would you take that deal with how expensive mccaffrey is and injury prone?  Or keep Jeudy and try to pick up RBs with the cap i have left?  Top RBs in our league usually go for $25-32

I would keep Jeudy in the scenario you described and it is a pretty easy choice, you should be building for the future and trying to get guys like Bryce hall, Brian Robinson, etc.

Jeudy is a 23 year old WR, odds are he will be more valuable after this season than McCaffrey even if McCaffrey stays healthy, not to mention the price difference.

12 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Jeudy is a 23 year old WR, odds are he will be more valuable after this season than McCaffrey even if McCaffrey stays healthy, not to mention the price difference.

Agree, McCaffrey is a win now type of player,  but will not be keepable after this year.

I would sale , and then go after Barkely. 

well i actually got mccaffery ($30 for Juju ($10).  Wasn't considering keeping Juju with my Wide Receiver depth.  So now i will basically need a starting QB, TE and 3 bench spots for $20, which is doable

5 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I would keep Jeudy in the scenario you described and it is a pretty easy choice, you should be building for the future and trying to get guys like Bryce hall, Brian Robinson, etc.

yeah, I'd still go after Bryce Hall even though you feel your RB situation is set.

then if McCaffrey has a big week 1 I'd trade him to someone for a kings ransom and let them inherit his injury risk.

if you wanna run with him, I guess that is your call.  looks like you have a young team though.  Id pay for Bryce and then look at trading CMC away for a younger player without health issues

I also dont mind the idea of going after Barkley if the price is right.

14 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I also dont mind the idea of going after Barkley if the price is right.

Our keeper deadline was last night. Barkley was kept for $26.  Making Elliott, Hall, Josh Jacobs, Gibson best rbs available. There are teams that still need 2 running backs so can see prices being high. 

Will try to secure another rb or two in  auction.

I like Jacobs.  I think he has a good year this season.   But if going with youth Hall is your best bet.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I like Jacobs.  I think he has a good year this season.   But if going with youth Hall is your best bet.

Unfortunately I think jacobs will go for more than my cap space so I need to find middle of the pack rbs 

24 minutes ago, scottybo said:

Unfortunately I think jacobs will go for more than my cap space so I need to find middle of the pack rbs 

then Hall is likely your guy.

enough people have soured on Zeke that you may be able to get him,  but I'd rather get Hall.  if he turns out to be the real deal, you will be able to keep him for years.

I also like Brian Robinson Jr in Washington.  hes projected to eventually be a starter  hes started camp fairly well, and the starter (gibson) appears to be in the doghouse due to fumbling.

fumbling was an issue for him last year too, so there may not be a quick fix for Gibson on this issue.

I would try to get Hall.  I also like Z White of the Raiders.