Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Russia orders gender verification test on Brittney Grinder

:lol: 

• Haha 2

I understand that many people here dislike Brittany, but this is a foreign country that seems to be going out of their way to excessively punish an american over a relatively minor infraction.

I think it is a bad precedent to cheer this on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I understand that many people here dislike Brittany, but this is a foreign country that seems to be going out of their way to excessively punish an american over a relatively minor infraction.

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with someone's views on social issues or their political alignment I will never root for a foreign country to turn them into a political pawn.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Our own government, including the DOJ,  is going out of it's way to excessively punish an American over nothing so far. But they keep hounding Trump anyway. And liberals are loving it. 

Not to mention sticking a 70 year old cancer victim thrown into prison for wandering into the capital building through open doors while soft on crime DAs around the country are letting people committing felonies walk is a problem as well. Then they go out and commit other crimes.

Our country can't pretend we are above them in that manner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with someone's views on social issues or their political alignment I will never root for a foreign country to turn them into a political pawn.

She is a criminal by their laws. They don't have our laws. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

gotta admit, its fantastic PR for Putin.  The western MSM will make this a top story to try to make Putin look evil, and it will backfire and convince some right wingers that maybe Putin is ok.  He played the media like a fiddle here.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

She is a criminal by their laws. They don't have our laws. 

That is true and I do not think we should trade a prisoner for her.

But we shouldn't cheer on her punishment.

14 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Narcotics possession and trafficking is not a minor infraction in Russia. We may overlook that here, for the uncommon person, but in Russia it is a major infarction.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Agreed. Her being tested for gender verification is not punishment, it is hilarity.  

Doesn't Russia kill gays? She should be lucky she is alive.. or is that just men? maybe that is why they are testing :o 

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

:thumbsup:

I'm confident that she knew what she was doing, that shed done it before, and believed her "Americanism" would save her.  

I'm not happy about how this is being handled. It should be done quietly, and no way I am trading a known arms dealer for her. But shes a black female and a lesbian, and the dems see this as a home run if they can bring her home.  So in an effort to constantly virtue signal over the negotiations, they have tripped over themselves so much it's downright embarrassing.   The biggest fault for making this into theatre is us.  Period.  Putin isn't stupid.  He knows full well how over the top this administration has become when it comes to virtue signaling and he is using it to embarrass us.   Had we shut our stupid mouths from the beginning(including the media) and just let the state department do what they have done countless of times, this may have already been over.  However, these are Russia's rules.  One positive that may come out of this is a message to the millions of entitled Gen Z Americans out there that our rules do not supersede those of other countries.  And you better follow their rules.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I’m not cheering for her punishment. I just don’t care and blame her for her own actions. If that was me or you over there no one would hear a word about it 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, edjr said:

Agreed. Her being tested for gender verification is not punishment, it is hilarity.  

Doesn't Russia kill gays? She should be lucky she is alive.. or is that just men? maybe that is why they are testing :o 

When she was initially being tried, I saw a video of her walking out with a picture of her wife. I told my wife that was a flat out dumb thing to do.  If she was looking for some kind of sympathy by parading around her homosexuality, she made a big mistake.   I realize many here in this country bend over backwards to cowtow to the LGBTQ++++++++ community, but that just ain't true in other places, especially Russia.   Bad idea.

13 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Hilarity gods are hoping the test confirms she's a dude.

Would explain the dunking

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

Would explain the dunking

She does girlie dunks that most any high schooler can do

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Funny how the alt-righties here are only "muh free speech 😢" about speech and people with whom they align but cheer on Russia doing this kind of crap to an American who has exercised harmless free speech and behavior with which they disagree. Free speech ain't free if it's selective. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I chalk this up to the idiots who go hiking in Afghanistan? 

Not a fan of Griner at all, but this is completely ridiculous and totally embarrassing...  Accidental or not, she did break Russia law, but now it has just become a reality show...

33 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Funny how the alt-righties here are only "muh free speech 😢" about speech and people with whom they align but cheer on Russia doing this kind of crap to an American who has exercised harmless free speech and behavior with which they disagree. Free speech ain't free if it's selective. 

Riiiight, but everyone at the Capitol on Jan 6 is an arch criminal insurrectionist. 

• Like 3

This sucks and I'm sorry it's happening to her but, she clearly thought she was above their laws because she was an American. 

These are the consequences.

This is probably BS, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she had an X chromosome.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

This is probably BS, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she had an X chromosome.

Not sure what you're trying to say with this.

Every human has an X chromosome.

Women have two:  X X

Men have one:  X Y

8 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Not sure what you're trying to say with this.

Every human has an X chromosome.

Women have two:  X X

Men have one:  X Y

Okay, Y chromosome.  I'm not a biologist.

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

Okay, Y chromosome.  I'm not a biologist.

You should be on the supreme court voting on women's rights. 

18 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Are you suggesting that Griner is being punished for speech?

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Fake news.  Op fell for it too.

I looked it up before I posted it.. Saw it was fake. Since when does that stop anyone? A CNN special. Was too funny to not share

Have some fun curmudgeon

37 minutes ago, edjr said:

I looked it up before I posted it.. Saw it was fake. Since when does that stop anyone? A CNN special. 

Have some fun curmudgeon

I wish it was true.  I really do.