Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Preseason Week 2 - Observations

1 game tonight (Thursday) with the bulk of the action on Saturday...

Thursday
Chicago Bears at Seattle Seahawks - 8 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Friday
Carolina Panthers at New England Patriots - 7 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers - 8 p.m. ET
Houston Texans at Los Angeles Rams - 10 p.m. ET (NFL Network)

Saturday
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills - 1 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
Detroit Lions at Indianapolis Colts - 1 p.m. ET
Washington Commanders at Kansas City Chiefs - 4 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
Pittsburgh Steelers at Jacksonville Jaguars - 7 p.m. ET
Las Vegas Raiders at Miami Dolphins - 7 p.m. ET
San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings - 7 p.m. ET
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Tennessee Titans - 7 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Chargers - 1 0 p.m . E T (NFL Network)

Sunday
Philadelphia Eagles at Cleveland Browns - 1 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
Cincinnati Bengals at New York Giants - 7 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
Baltimore Ravens at Arizona Cardinals - 8 p.m. ET (FOX)

Monday
Atlanta Falcons at New York Jets - 8 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Bears. 

Cole Kmet looks pretty good. More importantly, Fields was looking for him a bunch...

Reports I read about Kmet is that they want to use him all over the field, due to lack of play makers at wr.  

Good double digit round te.  

well, I think Geno was unspectacular in this one.   I dont know how they dont give the job to Lock in Seattle.   

I didnt see the whole game but what I did see, Geno was Meh.   and Eason actually looked better.  granted I only saw a couple drives, but he at least flashed at times.

if this is what Lock has to beat out, I dont see how he doesnt win the job.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

well, I think Geno was unspectacular in this one.   I dont know how they dont give the job to Lock in Seattle.   

I didnt see the whole game but what I did see, Geno was Meh.   and Eason actually looked better.  granted I only saw a couple drives, but he at least flashed at times.

Can’t trust their WRs this season, not at there current adp imo.  

we havnt seen them with Lock.  hes the guy whose skillset meshes with that of these WR.   

With Geno at QB I'm not counting on much.   I think they can at least put up draftable numbers with Lock at QB.   big issue with Lock was too many INT.  and WR dont get punished for those.

Not sold on lock, seems like it’s still a battle with those two, Lock should have easily distance himself from Geno by now.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not sold on lock, seems like it’s still a battle with those two, Lock should have easily distance himself from Geno by now.  

I think if he didnt get covid that would have happened this week.   Lock looked better in previous years than what I saw yesterday from Geno.     Thats no guarantee but for me its a reasonably good indicator.

The eye test rarely lies.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think if he didnt get covid that would have happened this week.   Lock looked better in previous years than what I saw yesterday from Geno.     Thats no guarantee but for me its a reasonably good indicator.

The eye test rarely lies.

Not that they would ever admit it, but it is certainly possible, if not likely, that Seattle is not particularly interested in winning football games this season. That might play into their QB considerations.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Not that they would ever admit it, but it is certainly possible, if not likely, that Seattle is not particularly interested in winning football games this season. That might play into their QB considerations.

agreed.  its possible.

but I do think Lock has the right skillset given the WR he has.   he throws a nice deep ball and that will open up the run game a bit more.   its possible he might work out.   

we all know where Geno is at.   solid backup.   but not a starter.   At least with Lock he has the ability to be more.

either way, its not my problem.    Carroll knows what hes doing.  he will figure out a plan.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

agreed.  its possible.

but I do think Lock has the right skillset given the WR he has.   he throws a nice deep ball and that will open up the run game a bit more.   its possible he might work out.   

we all know where Geno is at.   solid backup.   but not a starter.   At least with Lock he has the ability to be more.

either way, its not my problem.    Carroll knows what hes doing.  he will figure out a plan.

Agreed, and I’m suggesting it’s to tank and Geno gives them the best chance to achieve it.

That guy from the saints let loose another mega punt.  81 yards.  I guess preseason is the time to let punters show off the distance.

20 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Sucks Lock got covid. 

Houston chose not to play Dameon Pierce because the coaches didn't need any more evaluation.  Looks like he already won the starting job.  

Matt Corral is the best QB the Panthers have.

Brian Hoyer is the best QB the Patriots have.

Mr Davis is going to make for a very good wr3.  

Denver's 2nd team offense takes the opening drive 11 plays for a FG against the Bills' starting defense.

Ouch.

2 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Gabe Davis with an early TD...

If Isaiah Mckenzie is taking over that Cole Beasley role and not splitting with Crowder (or 2024 breakout Khalil Shakir), he'll be a very undervalued guy in deep leagues.

Isiah Pacheco is no where near the rookie product Kareem Hunt was…. His after contact game is UAF.  Soft hands and can move out of the backfield well, other than that doesn’t impress me.  
Sounds like he’s had a great camp tho and is gonna get RoJo cut 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Brian Hoyer is the best QB the Patriots have.

Corral is done for the season. Linsfranc injury.

ICEMAN

21 minutes ago, ICEMAN said:

Corral is done for the season. Linsfranc injury.

ICEMAN

ouch

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Hard to be the best when you’re out for the season. Another great call by the elf!

24 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Hard to be the best when you’re out for the season. Another great call by the elf!

No, you're still the best, even when you're injured.  I doubt if anyone was drafting a 3rd string QB anyway.

Chris Simms had Corral rated high on his board. Assuming Corral can recover, having a season to study the pro game could have long term benefits.

Mahomes plays 17 game minutes, goes 12/19 for 162 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs.

Looks like we know where the AFC Championship game will be hosted again (for the 5th year in a row); the only question is who the visiting team will be.

• Like 1

at this point it looks like pickett has had himself another strong outing..... 

4 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Brian Robinson Jr. starting for the Commanders at RB.

I noticed that as well. 

6 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Brian Robinson Jr. starting for the Commanders at RB.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

I noticed that as well. 

Sort of... technically...  but Antonio Gibson received and returned the kickoff, so he was a little winded.  He came in again with the starting unit after a couple of plays in which Robinson filled in.

Not that I don't think Robinson is a good candidate to be the Commandos' lead RB this season--but it's hard to say if Robinson "starting" the game today was an omen, or just a result of them letting Gibson return the opening kickoff.