recespieces31

0.5 PPR 10-team 1.01 pick Redraft

Hello FFT community, 1st time poster here.

Had my draft last night. Overall I feel good about my team. I think I have good depth for a 1 QB, non-TE premium league. However, Zeke as my RB2 I am not a fan of. Any thoughts would be helpful thank you.

1.01: Taylor

2.10: Kelce

3.01: Pittman

4:10: Zeke

5.01: A.J. Brown

6.10: Sutton

7.01: Hurts

8.10: Dillon

9.01: Bateman

10.10: Cooks

11.01: Stevenson

12.10: Penny

13.01: McKenzie

14.10: Blankenship

15.01: Saints

Great job 

not bad.

Zeke in round 4 is better value than I'd have expected.  I know you arent a fan but hes a player you could easily trade. if he has a good week 1 you will have lots of offers if you let people know you are shopping him.

38 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

not bad.

Zeke in round 4 is better value than I'd have expected.  I know you arent a fan but hes a player you could easily trade. if he has a good week 1 you will have lots of offers if you let people know you are shopping him.

Speaking of trade. Some has already offered Dalvin Cook/Schultz for Kelce/Zeke. Am I crazy for seriously considering this?

well Kelce is better than Schultz and cook is better than zeke.

it might work

youd have to run the numbers on your projections

if you go by the fftoday PPR numbers you are losing a bit.  I think it works out to about 15 points over the year.   but if you think fftodays estimate on Kelce is high or on one of your guys you are acquiring is low it might be close enough for you to accept it.

alternatively if there is a low ranked player on his team you would like, you could try to make it a 3 for 3 deal to get that player onto your team

personally I think this may be the year Kelce starts to decline.     a decline for him is still better than most players Best at TE but he could possibly go from being top 2 to top 5  and if that happens your deal looks real good

the reason I bring it up is that historically only 3 TE's have ever finished top 5 at Kelces age or older.  2 of those seasons were by Tony Gonzalez.

historically this is the age TE's drop off.  but Kelce is unique.  he probably has one more good year in him.   but maybe not top 3.   hard to say for sure.  I'm just giving you the stats.

I hear ya. I fully believe Kelce is better than Schultz.

However, I believe Schultz will at minimum repeat from last year as the TE3. Schultz only had 104 targets (78/808/8) last year and with Cooper/Wilson gone (164 total targets open), his targets will increase into the 120 minimum range.

I also believe Cook will have positive TD regression as he only had 6 last year. He can easily score double digit TDs. The only issue is he is all but guaranteed to miss 2-4 games. Luckily Mattison is on waivers.

well, I dont mind the deal.   if you decide to do the deal, you probably should ask if hes willing to throw in a sweetener.   

he might do it.

if you dont ask, you dont get.

with a sweetener of sorts, the deal is probably fine.   I also think Schultz will get more work with Cooper gone.  if Kelce goes from being the #1/2 TE in all of football to being ranked #3 or #4 your downgrade isnt as large as it looks on paper.    at that point the RB upgrade is suddenly a bargain.   he doesnt need to slip that far for this deal to make sense for you.

so I'd ask for that sweetener and see if you can make this deal work.   RB's are real tough to acquire once the season starts and RB's start getting hurt.   Lots of people like Cook so even if you dont like him, you can flip him for nearly any RB outside of the top 5.   

• Thanks 1

Looks like I traded Zeke just in time. Tyron Smith out until at least December with hamstring surgery.  This should bode extremely well for Schultz.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:36 AM, recespieces31 said:

Looks like I traded Zeke just in time. Tyron Smith out until at least December with hamstring surgery.  This should bode extremely well for Schultz.

I don't know..  I *was* high on Schultz, until the T. Smith injury..  The rookie OLT they're going to put in had something like 25 (!) holding penalties over only 24 games in college..  I remember in 2020 when T. Smith was injured that year.  DAL's offense was in disarray.  I stayed away from all Cowboys in my draft on 8/30.

1 hour ago, Bills04 said:

I don't know..  I *was* high on Schultz, until the T. Smith injury..  The rookie OLT they're going to put in had something like 25 (!) holding penalties over only 24 games in college..  I remember in 2020 when T. Smith was injured that year.  DAL's offense was in disarray.  I stayed away from all Cowboys in my draft on 8/30.

While true, Dallas had 125 penalties last year, it will be a challenge.

With Smith out, I believe they will try to get the ball out of Dak’s hands quicker. I fully believe the quicker passes will help Schultz/Pollard and hurt Lamb more.