Sign in to follow this  
ST_Pete

Any insiders with news on Waller

Thought I got a steal grabbing him in the 6th but the lack of information on this injury has me spooked.  Is it just a tweaked hammy or something more significant?  Regardless, I hate going into the season with any soft tissue injuries.

You picked a te in the 6th round, oh no no no.  Double digit rounds. 

yeah hes missed some time from what I understand.   

they have not ruled him out for week 1 yet, but if drafting him it may be in your best interest to grab another TE late in the draft just in case hes not ready to play week 1

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You picked a te in the 6th round, oh no no no.  Double digit rounds. 

That was my plan going into the draft but made a bit of a panicked pick.

6 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah hes missed some time from what I understand.   

they have not ruled him out for week 1 yet, but if drafting him it may be in your best interest to grab another TE late in the draft just in case hes not ready to play week 1

Everett and Higbee are both available.  Not guys I'll likely keep on the roster forever but I don't mind rolling them out for a week if I have to.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, ST_Pete said:

That was my plan going into the draft but made a bit of a panicked pick.

Waller in the 6th isnt terrible.   I'd argue its fair value for him.   Last year he was going in the top 3 rounds.

I think hes gonna have a good year.   last year was ruined for him he had covid and he had a bit of an injury which disrupted his year.  not to mention the offense was in turmoil from having lost their #1 WR to a drunk driving accident.

I'm amazed the offense performed reasonably last year at all.

Waller will be fine. you just need someone to cover week 1 and possibly 2 if he misses time due to this injury.

it didnt sound like the team was overly concerned about it.   but thats not a guarantee its a minor issue but its a reasonably fair indicator.

• Thanks 1

Pick up Engram or Hooper , and stream.  But ones already committed a mistake, no tes before double digit rounds 

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Pick up Engram or Hooper , and stream.  But ones already committed a mistake, no tes before double digit rounds 

there are exceptions to every rule.

this guy was picked later than his ADP by over a  full round.    

I dont think its a mistake.    the only way he regrets this is if the guy is hurt for half the season or more.    the move is fine.

14 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

there are exceptions to every rule.

this guy was picked later than his ADP by over a  full round.    

I dont think its a mistake.    the only way he regrets this is if the guy is hurt for half the season or more.    the move is fine.

Nope, don’t pick a te until double digit rounds, it’s not fine if he’s not on the field.  The OP said he has concern of an injury Waller currently has, others do to that’s why he drafted him in the 6th rounds, others smartly passed.  

in my auction most TE's that would go later than round 4 or 5 are going for less than 5 dollars.   most likely 2 or 3 dollars.    as compared to $1 for the 10th round guys you would pick.  If I got waller for that price I'd gladly take the risk.  

Waller in the sixth is actually some good value. That’s not the part that would concern me. It’s that they are not certain he’s going to be ready for week one.

5 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Waller in the sixth is actually some good value. That’s not the part that would concern me. It’s that they are not certain he’s going to be ready for week one.

yeah, but you stream for a week or two.   not the end of the world  

the first weeks of the season are by far the easiest times to stream.    nobody is injured yet so there are lots of options.  

streaming in week 8 or later is a considerably tougher thing to do.

you'll be fine.   the only question you need to ask is who you should pickup to stream

Best te value is the double digit rounds, the one dollar types, then stream.  

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, but you stream for a week or two.   not the end of the world  

the first weeks of the season are by far the easiest times to stream.    nobody is injured yet so there are lots of options.  

streaming in week 8 or later is a considerably tougher thing to do.

you'll be fine.   the only question you need to ask is who you should pickup to stream

Can dang near get Hooper for free.