Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Pitts

hey guys, I have some questions.

I think this guy may potentially be the most talented TE in the NFL today........but he may also have the worst QB in the NFL throwing him the football.    Does anyone here have a problem picking him as high as hes projected to go?    I just feel with such a terrible QB its tough to project him to get anywhere close to the yardage he had last year.

am I out to lunch on this?

I know everyone is drinking the Kool Aid, but the Mariota situation makes me not wanna buy at his ADP

Saw some highlights from the last game and seemed they had some chemistry but I'm with you: Mariotta scares me as a QB. His ADP seems at least a round early. I bought into the kool aid last year and got burned

The Pitts Kool-Aid chugging was a thing last year, guess it didnt run dry yet.  He has to better this season.  I loved seeing Pitts come of age in the Swamp. He is talented. Can Mariota be just as good as those Gator QBs (Jones, Trask, Franks) who were throwing to Pitts...??  LOL. 15 ypc might be tough to repeat this year with super mario. 

Reasons to reach... Pitts doesn't have a lot of competition for receptions and will see a lot of good game script this season w/ATL trying to put up points.   

I don't do many standard snake redrafts but he does seem overvalued in auctions. 

It's hard to get but so excited about any WR or TE with Mariota at QB.

That said, he's the only real threat they have in the passing game with Ridley out for the season.

Mariota isn't the best, but he can get the ball to him. He should get plenty of targets.

I would probably say he's a top 5 TE, but I wouldn't go much out of my way to draft him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It's hard to get but so excited about any WR or TE with Mariota at QB.

That said, he's the only real threat they have in the passing game with Ridley out for the season.

Mariota isn't the best, but he can get the ball to him. He should get plenty of targets.

I would probably say he's a top 5 TE, but I wouldn't go much out of my way to draft him

I think the way you just described really captures how I feel.   hes top 5 but I'm not going out of my way to get him.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Shouldn't be buying any TEs at his ADP, that is correct.

He's listed at TE, but he's their WR1.  He should probably just be reclassified.

Pitts' TD positive regression is extremely high.... Marriota and the current OC produced Delani Walker career stats........ if no Marcus then you'd have to bet on the rookie qb leaning on the most talented offensive weapon he had, and the OC recognizing this to make the magic happen to justify the 3rd rd adp.

Wait until the double digit rounds to draft a te.  

• Like 1

Yeah, if Kelce, Andrews, and Pitts are available in round 9 you should wait till round ten to take 1…🙄

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, if Kelce, Andrews, and Pitts are available in round 9 you should wait till round ten to take 1…🙄

only Weepaws would do that. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

only Weepaws would do that. 

I wouldn’t play in a league that those three te would be available in round 9, do either one of you? 

I don’t play in free elementary leagues, sorry boys.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t play in a league that those three te would be available in round 9, do either one of you? 

I don’t play in free elementary leagues, sorry boys.  

So your logic then is something like:

1. If you're good at fantasy football, then you don't take a TE before round 10.
  2. If good tightends are available in round 9, your league isn't good.

Seems like a disconnect there.

1. No, my logic here is if you take a te before double digit rounds that’s a mistake imo. Just like when J Rice dropped a pass, that didn’t make him a bad wr. 

2.  No, there are good TE available in the 9th round and even into the double digit rounds. 

Now the TE that we’re listed I would consider the top tier of te.  And those top three TE wouldn’t make into the 9th, what says you? 

If a league as the top tier at TE or at Rb or at Wr still available in the 9th round, I don’t want any part of it, you might think it’s worthy of playing in that type of league , but it’s not for me.  And I’m sure for you and the other owners in that league it’s a great league, great, but I’m not interested.  

Thanks. 

So in your league of competitive owners, is it correct for them to take top tier tight ends before round 10?

29 minutes ago, nobody said:

So in your league of competitive owners, is it correct for them to take top tier tight ends before round 10?

I answered one of your questions, and I’ll answer this one , but first answer mind. 

In the competitive league or leagues you play in, would Kelce, Andrews, Pitts make it to the 9th round?  I did ask you this question first just look up. 

17 hours ago, rotisserieking said:

Saw some highlights from the last game and seemed they had some chemistry but I'm with you: Mariotta scares me as a QB. His ADP seems at least a round early. I bought into the kool aid last year and got burned

How did you get burned by drafting the TE6 last year?

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I kind of did last year. I drafted him instead of Jamar Chase in my dynasty league.

I know, I know, in hindsight, I would probably change that, but I have Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson, and Ceedee Lamb at WR.

If he turns into the elite TE he's supposed to, it's not so bad

I think he is very talented as a pass catcher.  But not sure I will target him around his current ADP.  He could be the king of garbage time tho.  

He won’t match last season yardage total, he might even have a little more then 68 rec, but the Falcons are going to be badddd.  

Don’t see him having more then one td like last season.  I also think he’ll fall short of his ADP. 

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I kind of did last year. I drafted him instead of Jamar Chase in my dynasty league.

I know, I know, in hindsight, I would probably change that, but I have Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson, and Ceedee Lamb at WR.

If he turns into the elite TE he's supposed to, it's not so bad

To me, that's not getting burned.  That's bad drafting.  Pitts returned quality results.

• Like 1

35th overall ADP in half PPR on FFC seems a little steep. But now that he's been Weepawed, That ADP becomes a bargain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

To me, that's not getting burned.  That's bad drafting.  Pitts returned quality results.

It's way too early to say.

5 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It's way too early to say.

That's right, you said dynasty.  From a re-draft point of view, Pitts' ROI was satisfied.  In a dynasty league, I don't think you'll ever get a good ROI.  I would never draft any TE over an equally projected WR.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

yeah if you draft any TE and they put up 1000 yards even with no TD, thats a good season.

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's right, you said dynasty.  From a re-draft point of view, Pitts' ROI was satisfied.  In a dynasty league, I don't think you'll ever get a good ROI.  I would never draft any TE over an equally projected WR.

well, WR usually perform earlier in their career and can play at a high level longer.

WR are also easier to project at a young age than TE are.   

TE is also a more physical position and they are usually done by the age of 31 or 32.  (shorter career)

• Like 1

If you can get a tight end that produces 80 plus catches and 1000 plus yards that's who you want.  Touchdowns will vary from year to year.

• Like 1

I don’t see Pitts being able to reach 80 rec for a 1000 yards.  I see about that the same number  of rec he had last season maybe a little more less then 1000 and tds will be a problem  

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, I had Gronk for his best two or three seasons back with the Patriots and he was as valuable as any RB or WR at the time in dynasty. Kelce is almost like that now. If Pitts turns into either of those two, I'll be happy with it.

12 hours ago, polecatt said:

No, I had Gronk for his best two or three seasons back with the Patriots and he was as valuable as any RB or WR at the time in dynasty. Kelce is almost like that now. If Pitts turns into either of those two, I'll be happy with it.

he will, but probably not until he  has a new QB.

but in Dynasty you can afford to wait if you are not contending for the title   its not like his current production hinders you.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

he will, but probably not until he  has a new QB.

but in Dynasty you can afford to wait if you are not contending for the title   its not like his current production hinders you.

Exactly. I've been on a two year rebuilding process. I have 3 top WRs, which I mentioned, Ceedee Lamb, Cooper Kupp, and Justin Jefferson. Also Jerry Jeudy, who hopefully takes off with Russ. I have a top young QB in Justin Herbert and the top young prospect at TE. I've done it by trading old and flash in the pan RBs, along with drafting.

On 8/26/2022 at 7:20 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Because I grabbed him in round 5 and could've waited until 6/7 and had a better WR2. I drafted him as the 3rd TE.

On 8/25/2022 at 1:48 PM, AxeElf said:

Shouldn't be buying any TEs at his ADP, that is correct.

I'm curious why. The top couple tight ends offer a massive boost in ppg over later picked tight ends, who all end up within a few ppg of each other. Who are your value tight ends that are worth a better investment?

Imo, the late 3rd round is a value suck. The options aren't great without feeling like I'm reaching. Pitts at least offers a massive advantage at the position potentially, instead of grabbing a wr2 or rb2/3

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Who are your value tight ends that are worth a better investment?

We answered this somewhere else, but there are options starting in the 8th and on through the end of the draft like Ertz, Goedert, Kmet, Gesicki and Engram that won't put you at too much of a disadvantage relative to the TEs you'd pick in the early rounds.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:26 PM, weepaws said:

Wait until the double digit rounds to draft a te.  

No thax 

I don’t mind mariota when it comes to pitts. If anything he leans on him even more. I worry about everyone else in the offense

On 8/30/2022 at 4:47 PM, rotisserieking said:

Because I grabbed him in round 5 and could've waited until 6/7 and had a better WR2. I drafted him as the 3rd TE.

Well, that's not getting burned by him, that's you over drafting him.  :dunno: