Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

If you're doing an Auction...

12 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Doing my first high stakes auction tonight (Sunday, Aug. 28). Will be happy to share a link and my thoughts if anyone wants to hear them.

Well now I wish I would have written a detailed critique of your first effort, so you could have improved.ย  I just assumed it would be too late now that you had already drafted.

Oh well...

8 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

Doing my first high stakes auction tonight (Sunday, Aug. 28). Will be happy to share a link and my thoughts if anyone wants to hear them.

Yes please.

I'm always down for auction info.ย ย 

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well now I wish I would have written a detailed critique of your first effort, so you could have improved.ย  I just assumed it would be too late now that you had already drafted.

Oh well...

As the football guri is one of the experts of this site, this advice isnt for him.

he knows what hes doing.

to anyone who is doing an auctionย the only advise I give is that you should use a style that fits with the way you organize your data and the way you view the football world.ย  ย trying to adapt to someone elses style is almost a guaranteed failure.ย  ย You have to work a strategy you are comfortable and happy with.

if you have to change the way you organize your data at the last minute or change your strategy at the last minute, there is no way you can assimilate the changes in a short enough period of time unless you are reverting back to an old strategy you know and are comfortable with.

then again, why in this case would the expert of the website take advice from a shmo on a bulliten board who claims to be an expert?

thats just silly.

ย 

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

why in this case would the expert of the website take advice from a shmo on a bulliten board who claims to be an expert

Maybe he wants to win?

I don't know; I'm not privy to his motivations.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe he wants to win?

I don't know; I'm not privy to his motivations.

regardless..... the way each person organizes their data differently and each draft has a personality of its own.ย  ย he likely knows many of those he is drafting against and you do not.

taking advice from you would negate the value of that knowledge (in this caseย  he would be effectively ignoring the know your league rule)

the odds of your advice helping him is not outstanding because you dont know the league.

The odds of Axe Elf's advice helping anyone in fantasy football never dips below 100%.

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The odds of Axe Elf's advice helping anyone in fantasy football never dips below 100%.

You mean like the time your advice was not to draft Jonathan Taylor because he played his college ball atย Wisconsin, and therefore would be a bust. Is that whatย you mean?

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You mean like the time your advice was not to draft Jonathan Taylor because he played his college ball atย Wisconsin, and therefore would be a bust. Is that whatย you mean?

You would have done better heeding Axe Elf's advice to draft him in the second round.ย  Most of the leagues in which people did that, they were very happy with him (including several of my own).

34 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You would have done better heeding Axe Elf's advice to draft him in the second round.ย  Most of the leagues in which people did that, they were very happy with him (including several of my own).

You said not to draft him at all because he went to Wisconsin and all RBs from Wisconsin would automatically bust. This was his rookie year not last year, for the record. Regardless, it is but one of many examples of where listening to the elfโ€™sย advice is the worst thing anyone could do.

ย 

17 minutes ago, jrokh said:

This was his rookie year not last year, for the record.

Oh, well yeah, you OBVIOUSLY don't draft a rookie RB out of Wisconsin.

I thought you meant last year, when Axe Elf's shrewd advice was to pick him in the second round.

That worked out well too.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, LaChup said:

Yes please.

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/draftrecap?leagueId=1101700738

Ignore the commish team (obviously). I am Team Orth ... shocking, I know.

Quick initial thoughts:ย I want McCaffrey in a big way this year (again), but I can't (and do not think I ever will be able to) justify spending more thanย $60 on one player with aย $200 cap.ย The prices seem to be influenced greatly by the default prizes on ESPN, so don'tย hesitate to shop at the low-end RB1/WR1 store if it happens. Metcalf for $12 and Robinson for $17 are ridiculous values IMO.

Canโ€™t seem to look at it. ย 

Concerning #4 - You need to have a plan at positional values. They are not overrated. But as the draft goes on, you need to be flexible with them. I set up a simple spreadsheet for myself, like most people probably do, with formulas that make it simple to add and subtract to positions based on dollars spent and remaining dollars under the cap. But you need to set it up visually to see where your cap money is going.ย 

Nice write up overall.ย 

28 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I set up a simple spreadsheet for myself, like most people probably do, with formulas that make it simple to add and subtract to positions based on dollars spent and remaining dollars under the cap. But you need to set it up visually to see where your cap money is going.

This is hilarious.ย  I have never done this, and I have never heard of anyone doing anything like this.ย  Maybe back in the days when we had to bring our own player lists to the draft, but not in this century, anyway.

27 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Concerning #4 - You need to have a plan at positional values. They are not overrated. But as the draft goes on, you need to be flexible with them. I set up a simple spreadsheet for myself, like most people probably do, with formulas that make it simple to add and subtract to positions based on dollars spent and remaining dollars under the cap. But you need to set it up visually to see where your cap money is going.ย 

Nice write up overall.ย 

Thanks.

I've been doing auctions for 13 years. I'm not saying they are useless; flexibility is vital. I think I say that in so many words. You definitely need to have a plan, I don't think I say otherwise.

What I don't think is helpful is saying I'm going to spend 45% of my budget (or $90 of my $200 cap) at RB before the draft only to quickly realize that your league is willing to go crazy at the position. Ninety dollars should be more than enough to have a competitive RB room, but it may not be if every other manager is willing to spend more. There aren't 24 RBs worthy of starting consideration every week. I think it is more important to have "my guys" (especially at the lower and middle levels) and get a sense of what players in certain tiers are going for.

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This is hilarious.ย  I have never done this, and I have never heard of anyone doing anything like this.ย  Maybe back in the days when we had to bring our own player lists to the draft, but not in this century, anyway.

Well, if you don't know how to use Excel, I could see your problem here.ย 

Good luck this year dude.ย 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Well, if you don't know how to use Excel, I could see your problem here.ย 

Good luck this year dude.ย 

Well if you don't know how to do fantasy football in your head, I could see your problem here.

Good luck this year dude.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well if you don't know how to do fantasy football in your head, I could see your problem here.

Good luck this year dude.

So you are saying, in your auction drafts, you keep track of every team's salaries at each position as the draft goes on in your head. Including what each team is in need of, and what they have to spend on their rosters at every moment in the draft.ย 

And in your head you remember every player that is off the board and what they went for?

4 minutes ago, craftsman said:

So you are saying, in your auction drafts, you keep track of every team's salaries at each position as the draft goes on in your head. Including what each team is in need of, and what they have to spend on their rosters at every moment in the draft.ย 

I can see their max bids remaining or their total budget remaining listed by their names in the draft software.ย  I can see the positions they've drafted under the "Draft Results" tab.

I know what players I'm targeting in my head.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I can see their max bids remaining or their total budget remaining listed by their names in the draft software.ย  I can see the positions they've drafted under the "Draft Results" tab.

I know what players I'm targeting in my head.

I'm better at spreadsheets than the software that is out there for fantasy football. Plus, we don't draft online. We draft in person. Because we like hanging out with each other.ย 

25 minutes ago, craftsman said:

We draft in person.

Well, I did say "in this century."

1 hour ago, The Football Guru said:

Thanks.

I've been doing auctions for 13 years. I'm not saying they are useless; flexibility is vital. I think I say that in so many words. You definitely need to have a plan, I don't think I say otherwise.

What I don't think is helpful is saying I'm going to spend 45% of my budget (or $90 of my $200 cap) at RB before the draft only to quickly realize that your league is willing to go crazy at the position. Ninety dollars should be more than enough to have a competitive RB room, but it may not be if every other manager is willing to spend more. There aren't 24 RBs worthy of starting consideration every week. I think it is more important to have "my guys" (especially at the lower and middle levels) and get a sense of what players in certain tiers are going for.

Yeah. Sometimes you get unexpected bargains and then unexpectedly overpay for someone you really want. Gotta ride the wave. Also, in my league, we carry over our unspent dollars and add it to our FAB for the year. So there can be a motivation to not spending it all. But that is just league specific stuff. No big deal.ย 

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

Also, in my league, we carry over our unspent dollars and add it to our FAB for the year.

Has anyone ever saved any money?

I haven't been in a lot of drafts like that, but I've been in some that had $400 budgets and people still spent all their money.ย  I saw one guy once add $1 to his FAB.

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

And in your head you remember every player that is off the board and what they went for?

I do this but I dont do it in my head.ย  i have a sheet with each team.ย  when they win an auction I add the player and subtract the cash they paid.ย 

it is helpful because when bidding against someone, you know what they need and how much they can spend.ย  ย one year a guy with 3 QB's tried to bid me up on a QB I wanted but not that badly.ย  ย we got to a point where I looked at his roster, realized spending another 25 bucks on a QB would wreck his auction and let him have it.ย  ย He ended up selling the QB back to me 10 minutes later for 20 auction dollars which was a reasonable price for the player.

so the strategy has its merits.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well, I did say "in this century."

normal long running leagues (especially keeper leagues) draft in person.ย  in most cases everyone in the league are buddies.ย  ย theres beer, burgers, cigars.ย  ย its nice.

usually the host arranges something special for the boys.ย  one year this guys wife made up a 5 course meal that was better than any restaurant I've ever eaten at.ย  it was amazing.

another year one of the boys had us out to his cabin at the lake which involved waterskiing, boating, firepits and the whole nine yards.

thats what in person drafts are all about.ย 

Thatโ€™s a great article. Unfortunately for me I draft with some lunatics so all that logic goes out the window about 10 minutes in.ย 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thatโ€™s a great article. Unfortunately for me I draft with some lunatics so all that logic goes out the window about 10 minutes in.ย 

Look at your last year's draft and amounts paid.ย  If it's like my auction league the very top players go for about 20% of one teams auction budget.ย  Consider building your team without the highest priced say top 8-12ย players, maybe get one of those.ย  Here's my best advice for any fantasy football draft...get quality starters for all starting positions, don't leave even one weak, and have a good back up for each position as well, with no weaknesses.

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thanks!

I find the ESPN auctions tend to bring out the crazies when it comes to pricing the high-end guys. You can't drop $65-70 on one player and believe you will come away with enough $1-2 players to compete against a team with a bunch of $10-15 starters complementing a pair of $30-40 foundation pieces.

Not exactly how I wanted to display it, but here were the results:

SkolNation Skol

PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Austin Ekelerย LAC,ย RBย ย  ย $53ย 
Justin Jeffersonย Min,ย WRย ย  ย $54ย 
Leonard Fournetteย TB,ย RBย ย  ย $37ย 
Josh Allenย Buf,ย QBย ย  ย $19ย 
Cordarrelle Pattersonย Atl,ย RBย ย  ย $14ย 
K.J. Osbornย Min,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Melvin Gordon IIIย Den,ย RBย ย  ย $8ย 
Mike Gesickiย Mia,ย TEย ย  ย $1ย 
Daniel Carlsonย LV,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
Marvin Jones Jr.ย Jax,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Nick Westbrook-Ikhineย Ten,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Jamaal Williamsย Det,ย RBย ย  ย $2ย 
KJ Hamlerย Den,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Donovan Peoples-Jonesย Cle,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Eagles D/STย Phi,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Cedrick Wilson Jr.ย Mia,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Kendrick Bourneย NE,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Devin Duvernayย Bal,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
Miami Team Bossย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Cam Akersย LAR,ย RBย ย  ย $19ย 
Buccaneers D/STย TB,ย D/STย ย  ย $2ย 
Josh Jacobsย LV,ย RBย ย  ย $13ย 
Tyler Bassย Buf,ย Kย ย  ย $2ย 
Terry McLaurinย Wsh,ย WRย ย  ย $17ย 
David Montgomeryย Chi,ย RBย ย  ย $16ย 
J.K. Dobbinsย Bal,ย RBย ย  ย $17ย 
JuJu Smith-Schusterย KC,ย WRย ย  ย $14ย 
Justin Herbertย LAC,ย QBย ย  ย $9ย 
Gabriel Davisย Buf,ย WRย ย  ย $15ย 
Rashod Batemanย Bal,ย WRย ย  ย $13ย 
Chris Godwinย TB,ย WRย ย  ย $24ย 
Patrick Mahomesย KC,ย QBย ย  ย $9ย 
Elijah Mooreย NYJ,ย WRย ย  ย $12ย 
Cole Kmetย Chi,ย TEย ย  ย $4ย 
DeVonta Smithย Phi,ย WRย ย  ย $10ย 
Kirk Cousinsย Min,ย QBย ย  ย $1ย 
Justin Fieldsย Chi,ย QBย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
Marinelli Bros BMFย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Cooper Kuppย LAR,ย WRย ย  ย $51ย 
Justin Tuckerย Bal,ย Kย ย  ย $2ย 
James Connerย Ari,ย RBย ย  ย $26ย 
Dalvin Cookย Min,ย RBย ย  ย $52ย 
Saints D/STย NO,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Breece Hallย NYJ,ย RBย ย  ย $19ย 
Darren Wallerย LV,ย TEย ย  ย $11ย 
DeVante Parkerย NE,ย WRย ย  ย $4ย 
Robert Woodsย Ten,ย WRย ย  ย $5ย 
Tyler Lockettย Sea,ย WRย ย  ย $3ย 
Jarvis Landryย NO,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Matthew Staffordย LAR,ย QBย ย  ย $2ย 
Dawson Knoxย Buf,ย TEย ย  ย $3ย 
Marquez Valdes-Scantlingย KC,ย WRย ย  ย $5ย 
George Pickensย Pit,ย WRย ย  ย $7ย 
Derek Carrย LV,ย QBย ย  ย $1ย 
Michael Gallupย Dal,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Raheem Mostertย Mia,ย RBย ย  ย $4ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
Team Cuttin Headsย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Jonathan Taylorย Ind,ย RBย ย  ย $67ย 
Najee Harrisย Pit,ย RBย ย  ย $52ย 
George Kittleย SF,ย TEย ย  ย $18ย 
Travis Kelceย KC,ย TEย ย  ย $39ย 
Patriots D/STย NE,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Matt Gayย LAR,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
Tom Bradyย TB,ย QBย ย  ย $4ย 
Aaron Rodgersย GB,ย QBย ย  ย $4ย 
Van Jeffersonย LAR,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Wan'Dale Robinsonย NYG,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
DJ Charkย Det,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Alec Pierceย Ind,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Khalil Herbertย Chi,ย RBย ย  ย $2ย 
Sammy Watkinsย GB,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Darrel Williamsย Ari,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
Corey Davisย NYJ,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Boston Scottย Phi,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
Nelson Agholorย NE,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
American SATANย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Ja'Marr Chaseย Cin,ย WRย ย  ย $51ย 
Miles Sandersย Phi,ย RBย ย  ย $11ย 
Mike Evansย TB,ย WRย ย  ย $28ย 
Javonte Williamsย Den,ย RBย ย  ย $38ย 
Michael Thomasย NO,ย WRย ย  ย $16ย 
Diontae Johnsonย Pit,ย WRย ย  ย $17ย 
Clyde Edwards-Helaireย KC,ย RBย ย  ย $12ย 
Allen Lazardย GB,ย WRย ย  ย $7ย 
Pat Freiermuthย Pit,ย TEย ย  ย $3ย 
James Robinsonย Jax,ย RBย ย  ย $8ย 
Steelers D/STย Pit,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Mark Ingram IIย NO,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
Mecole Hardmanย KC,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Romeo Doubsย GB,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Trevor Lawrenceย Jax,ย QBย ย  ย $1ย 
Mitch Trubiskyย Pit,ย QBย ย  ย $1ย 
Kenny Pickettย Pit,ย QBย ย  ย $1ย 
Nick Folkย NE,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
The Goatย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Saquon Barkleyย NYG,ย RBย ย  ย $43ย 
Christian McCaffreyย Car,ย RBย ย  ย $73ย 
Mark Andrewsย Bal,ย TEย ย  ย $36ย 
Colts D/STย Ind,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Lamar Jacksonย Bal,ย QBย ย  ย $12ย 
Brandon McManusย Den,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
Jakobi Meyersย NE,ย WRย ย  ย $4ย 
DeAndre Hopkinsย Ari,ย WRย ย  ย $13ย 
Nico Collinsย Hou,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Rondale Mooreย Ari,ย WRย ย  ย $7ย 
Jalen Tolbertย Dal,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Christian Watsonย GB,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Isaiah Spillerย LAC,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
Amari Rodgersย GB,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Shi Smithย Car,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Odell Beckham Jr.ย FA,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
KaVontae Turpinย Dal,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Devon Allenย Phi,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
Team 7ย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Derrick Henryย Ten,ย RBย ย  ย $47ย 
Ezekiel Elliottย Dal,ย RBย ย  ย $24ย 
Tyreek Hillย Mia,ย WRย ย  ย $30ย 
Mike Williamsย LAC,ย WRย ย  ย $21ย 
Elijah Mitchellย SF,ย RBย ย  ย $18ย 
Brandin Cooksย Hou,ย WRย ย  ย $18ย 
Tyler Boydย Cin,ย WRย ย  ย $3ย 
Dak Prescottย Dal,ย QBย ย  ย $3ย 
Cowboys D/STย Dal,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Chris Olaveย NO,ย WRย ย  ย $6ย 
Greg Josephย Min,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
Zach Ertzย Ari,ย TEย ย  ย $5ย 
Treylon Burksย Ten,ย WRย ย  ย $3ย 
Skyy Mooreย KC,ย WRย ย  ย $5ย 
Irv Smith Jr.ย Min,ย TEย ย  ย $2ย 
Michael Carterย NYJ,ย RBย ย  ย $4ย 
Kenneth Gainwellย Phi,ย RBย ย  ย $3ย 
Isaiah McKenzieย Buf,ย WRย ย  ย $3ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
Team Orthย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Aaron Jonesย GB,ย RBย ย  ย $38ย 
D'Andre Swiftย Det,ย RBย ย  ย $44ย 
Jalen Hurtsย Phi,ย QBย ย  ย $10ย 
Michael Pittman Jr.ย Ind,ย WRย ย  ย $28ย 
DK Metcalfย Sea,ย WRย ย  ย $12ย 
Adam Thielenย Min,ย WRย ย  ย $9ย 
Allen Robinson IIย LAR,ย WRย ย  ย $17ย 
AJ Dillonย GB,ย RBย ย  ย $21ย 
Nyheim Hinesย Ind,ย RBย ย  ย $4ย 
Jake Elliottย Phi,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
49ers D/STย SF,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Damien Harrisย NE,ย RBย ย  ย $5ย 
Julio Jonesย TB,ย WRย ย  ย $4ย 
Gus Edwardsย Bal,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
Russell Gageย TB,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Tyler Allgeierย Atl,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
Brevin Jordanย Hou,ย TEย ย  ย $1ย 
Jameson Williamsย Det,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
IBCNUL8R IBCย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Drake Londonย Atl,ย WRย ย  ย $9ย 
Marquise Brownย Ari,ย WRย ย  ย $13ย 
Dallas Goedertย Phi,ย TEย ย  ย $8ย 
Tee Higginsย Cin,ย WRย ย  ย $28ย 
Dalton Schultzย Dal,ย TEย ย  ย $8ย 
Tony Pollardย Dal,ย RBย ย  ย $9ย 
Amari Cooperย Cle,ย WRย ย  ย $5ย 
Courtland Suttonย Den,ย WRย ย  ย $19ย 
Amon-Ra St. Brownย Det,ย WRย ย  ย $18ย 
Chase Edmondsย Mia,ย RBย ย  ย $11ย 
Dustin Hopkinsย LAC,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
Christian Kirkย Jax,ย WRย ย  ย $13ย 
Kyler Murrayย Ari,ย QBย ย  ย $8ย 
Brandon Aiyukย SF,ย WRย ย  ย $13ย 
Packers D/STย GB,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Rashaad Pennyย Sea,ย RBย ย  ย $12ย 
Rhamondre Stevensonย NE,ย RBย ย  ย $17ย 
Darrell Henderson Jr.ย LAR,ย RBย ย  ย $7ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
Team 10ย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Alvin Kamaraย NO,ย RBย ย  ย $44ย 
Kyle Pittsย Atl,ย TEย ย  ย $35ย 
Stefon Diggsย Buf,ย WRย ย  ย $44ย 
Travis Etienne Jr.ย Jax,ย RBย ย  ย $24ย 
DJ Mooreย Car,ย WRย ย  ย $25ย 
Trey Lanceย SF,ย QBย ย  ย $3ย 
James Cookย Buf,ย RBย ย  ย $8ย 
Isiah Pachecoย KC,ย RBย ย  ย $3ย 
Robbie Andersonย Car,ย WRย ย  ย $3ย 
Kenny Golladayย NYG,ย WRย ย  ย $3ย 
Albert Okwuegbunamย Den,ย TEย ย  ย $1ย 
Curtis Samuelย Wsh,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Evan Engramย Jax,ย TEย ย  ย $1ย 
Randall Cobbย GB,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Jerick McKinnonย KC,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
A.J. Greenย Ari,ย WRย ย  ย $1ย 
Broncos D/STย Den,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Matt Praterย Ari,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
Whodey 23ย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Joe Mixonย Cin,ย RBย ย  ย $45ย 
Evan McPhersonย Cin,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
Nick Chubbย Cle,ย RBย ย  ย $26ย 
Deebo Samuelย SF,ย WRย ย  ย $33ย 
Hunter Renfrowย LV,ย WRย ย  ย $11ย 
A.J. Brownย Phi,ย WRย ย  ย $28ย 
Darnell Mooneyย Chi,ย WRย ย  ย $15ย 
Devin Singletaryย Buf,ย RBย ย  ย $5ย 
T.J. Hockensonย Det,ย TEย ย  ย $7ย 
Garrett Wilsonย NYJ,ย WRย ย  ย $2ย 
Joe Burrowย Cin,ย QBย ย  ย $5ย 
Alexander Mattisonย Min,ย RBย ย  ย $2ย 
Kadarius Toneyย NYG,ย WRย ย  ย $9ย 
Ravens D/STย Bal,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Rachaad Whiteย TB,ย RBย ย  ย $3ย 
Jahan Dotsonย Wsh,ย WRย ย  ย $3ย 
Joshua Palmerย LAC,ย WRย ย  ย $3ย 
Zamir Whiteย LV,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
ย ย  ย 
ย ย  ย 
4th And Foreverย ย  ย 
PLAYERย ย  ย Winning Bid
Bills D/STย Buf,ย D/STย ย  ย $1ย 
Antonio Gibsonย Wsh,ย RBย ย  ย $10ย 
Davante Adamsย LV,ย WRย ย  ย $42ย 
Harrison Butkerย KC,ย Kย ย  ย $1ย 
CeeDee Lambย Dal,ย WRย ย  ย $41ย 
Keenan Allenย LAC,ย WRย ย  ย $21ย 
Jaylen Waddleย Mia,ย WRย ย  ย $20ย 
Dameon Pierceย Hou,ย RBย ย  ย $11ย 
Jerry Jeudyย Den,ย WRย ย  ย $15ย 
Tua Tagovailoaย Mia,ย QBย ย  ย $1ย 
Kenneth Walker IIIย Sea,ย RBย ย  ย $1ย 
Brian Robinsonย Wsh,ย RBย ย  ย $2ย 
Kareem Huntย Cle,ย RBย ย  ย $14ย 
David Njokuย Cle,ย TEย ย  ย $3ย 
Russell Wilsonย Den,ย QBย ย  ย $4ย 
Hunter Henryย NE,ย TEย ย  ย $2ย 
Chase Claypoolย Pit,ย WRย ย  ย $8ย 
J.D. McKissicย Wsh,ย RBย ย  ย $3

I have since put Jameson Williams and Gus on IR and picked up Hooper and Everett. I think Jordan will be the real deal at TE, but one of the other two should give me a decent floor.

that's a lot of work thanks for entering in all the data for us to view.

7 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

You can't drop $65-70 on one player and believe you will come away with enough $1-2 players to compete against a team with a bunch of $10-15 starters complementing a pair of $30-40 foundation pieces.

Depends on the size of the league and the scoring system, but it CAN work even in a normal league.

My most perfect draft this season so far started with $62 for Jefferson and $54 for Henry.ย  I added Zeke for $20, Mahomes for $19, Allen Robinson for $13 and Amon-Ra for $9; everyone else was $4 or less (Singletary, Patterson, DWilliams, Sermon, Mack, Goedert, Woods, MVS, Gallup and Doubs--who I dropped for Aiyuk when some idiot dropped him).

7 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

I have since put Jameson Williams and Gus on IR and picked up Hooper and Everett.

I was wondering why you neglected to draft a TE.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I was wondering why you neglected to draft a TE.

I really like Jordan. Hooper and Everett are insurance in case I am wrong about Jordan.