Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Sean Mooney's 2022 Season Drafts- Week 14 Update

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Patterson was there and was the guy I was back and forth on. He really cooled down the stretch last year and they brought in Allegier. The late bye week (which correlates with Taylor's bye week was a plus)

Cook went 78- round 7

Pierce went 67- round 6

Juju went 57- round 5

Thank you.  

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Sorry OP three more, J Cook Buffalo, Pierce Texans , and JuJu KC.  

Thanks. 

yep. some of these you may need to target sooner than mine

Patterson was there and was the guy I was back and forth on. He really cooled down the stretch last year and they brought in Allegier.

More importantly, they brought in the MVP runner-up of SuperBowl LIV.  But yeah, Patterson probly won't be top 10 again this year, they'll probably spread him out more to prevent him from burning out down the stretch like last year, but if we're talking about Patterson vs. Edmonds, I'm amazed you took the low road.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yep. some of these you may need to target sooner than mine

Pierce ADP has shot up like a rocket.  Wow.  

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If you drafted poorly enough that you're using a mid-range TE as your Flex, you can begin to set your sights on next year.

I am not saying I would choose to use Fant over someone necessarily but if there is a week that I have multiple players on a bye, don't want to drop them, and Fant has a good matchup it would be fine to take the chance that week. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Another one OP sorry. 

How about both J Williams and M Gordon. 

Javonte Williams?- pick 22- round 2

Gordon- pick 123, round 11.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

More importantly, they brought in the MVP runner-up of SuperBowl LIV.  But yeah, Patterson probly won't be top 10 again this year, they'll probably spread him out more to prevent him from burning out down the stretch like last year, but if we're talking about Patterson vs. Edmonds, I'm amazed you took the low road.

Ultimately it came down to Edmonds having a week 11 bye and Patterson week 14. There point projections are close and Edmonds doesn't overlap bye weeks for me. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I am not saying I would choose to use Fant over someone necessarily but if there is a week that I have multiple players on a bye, don't want to drop them, and Fant has a good matchup it would be fine to take the chance that week. 

Javonte Williams?- pick 22- round 2

Gordon- pick 123, round 11.

Thank you.  

One of my favorite late round flier receivers is still sitting there on the board and I doubt anyone takes him. I could probably almost jump a defense a round early to let him sit. 

On the plus side, most leagues aren't won or lost in the draft.  You still have a full season of team management to try to turn this thing around.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

On the plus side, most leagues aren't won or lost in the draft.  You still have a full season of team management to try to turn this thing around.

My team is going to be fine coming out of the draft. And the free agency counts big time. 

My team is going to be fine coming out of the draft.

Oh?  I thought your team was the players you were reporting here.

Now I'm curious to see your REAL team...

14 and 15 turn.

Took Jamaal Williams and then the Colts defense...like that the COlts open weeks 1 and 2 with Texans and Jaguars....Would never normally go before last round on defense but fairly certain I can get my receiver I want yet. 

Oh?  I thought your team was the players you were reporting here.

Now I'm curious to see your REAL team...

We saw your trash team the other week. No need to throw stones.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

We saw your trash team the other week. No need to throw stones.

You must have me confused with someone else.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You must have me confused with someone else.

Nah...Marcus Mariota at starting QB? For 19 dollars 🤣

Got the guy I wanted in Wan'Dale Robinson at the end. Should be a big gadget guy out of the slot and I think Brian Daboll is an excellent offensive mind. Will be fun to have him as a flier this late as basically my 5th or 6th receiver.

So we are looking at this in a 12 team, PPR league:

QB- Stafford, Fields

RB- Taylor, Conner, Elliott, Edmonds, Jamaal Williams

WR- Marquise Brown, Kirk, Robinson II, Meyers, Campbell, Wan'Dale Robinson

TE- Andrews, Fant

D- Colts

Nah...Marcus Mariota at starting QB? For 19 dollars 🤣

Ah, so you're just confused in general, then.  Got it.

Ah, so you're just confused in general, then.  Got it.

If you paid that much for Mariota it ain't me that's confused.

27 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Pierce ADP has shot up like a rocket.  Wow.  

it should.  hes now the starter.

If you paid that much for Mariota it ain't me that's confused.

Yes, it really is you who is confused, if you're considering that price in the context of a 10-team single-QB $200 auction with normal scoring.

Yes, it really is, if you're considering that price in the context of a 10-team single-QB $200 auction.

You are legitimately trying to argue that in a 351 dollar auction- it was wise to spend 19 dollars on Mariota? This despite the fact that his value is basically a dollar or two- TOPS- in a 200 dollar auction?

Even in a 2 QB league you overspent. 

• Like 1

You are legitimately trying to argue that in a 351 dollar auction- it was wise to spend 19 dollars on Mariota? This despite the fact that his value is basically a dollar or two- TOPS- in a 200 dollar auction?

Nonsense.  In the scoring system that league uses (the 0.4 per rushing attempt and 5 yds per pt rushing, especially), Mariota scored 13.7 fantasy points in his first drive of the preseason.  He'll likely be a top 10 QB in this system.

Jimmy Garoppolo went for $15, and he's not even starting.  Daniel Jones went for $38.  Justin Fields went for $59.  Trey Lance went for $75.

If you think I overspent on Mariota, you have just confirmed your state of confusion.

Sorry man. At least it’s only 25 bones you just flushed down the toilet…

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Nonsense.  In the scoring system that league uses (the 0.4 per rushing attempt and 5 yds per pt rushing, especially), Mariota scored 13.7 fantasy points in his first drive of the preseason.  He'll likely be a top 10 QB in this system.

Jimmy Garoppolo went for $15, and he's not even starting.  Daniel Jones went for $38.  Justin Fields went for $59.  Trey Lance went for $75.

If you think I overspent on Mariota, you have just confirmed your state of confusion.

Oh damn...pre-season stats count for your league?

Also, because other people overspent it means you are right?

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Sorry man. At least it’s only 25 bones you just flushed down the toilet…

I'll be fine...the depth I need can be obtained as the season progresses. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Oh damn...pre-season stats count for your league?

That would be weird.

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Also, because other people overspent it means you are right?

No, being right suffices for that all by itself.

Imagine a person who professes themself to be some fantasy expert legitimately saying "I was right to spend all that money on a guy because he scored a bunch of points on a pre-season drive."

🤣

Imagine a person who professes themself to be some fantasy expert legitimately saying "I was right to spend all that money on a guy because he scored a bunch of points on a pre-season drive."

🤣

Hey, I get it, you tanked your draft and throwing darts at Axe Elf makes you feel better.

Hopefully you will learn something from this fiasco, and when you get around to drafting for your real leagues this year, you'll be able to put together a more competitive team.

Sorry about that...

23 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Got the guy I wanted in Wan'Dale Robinson at the end. Should be a big gadget guy out of the slot and I think Brian Daboll is an excellent offensive mind. Will be fun to have him as a flier this late as basically my 5th or 6th receiver.

QB- Stafford, Fields

TE- Andrews, Fant

D- Colts

The WR's might be a little weak but your rb's, qb, t/e, def will keep you very competitive. Good job.

24 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

no.  not in a 2 QB league.   thats overkill on the criticism.

in my 2 QB league  12 team league ($100 budget on average) any QB who is starting is worth 5 bucks.

how that translates to your league depends on your rules.   but with a $350 budget with the same rules you are looking at close to 20 bucks.   but this boils down to a know your league thing.  if people are paying more in other leagues, you also have to pay if you wanna get a QB.

to that end, you cant really call him out unless you see what all QBs went for at auction.    if hes paying $1 less for mariota than people paid for better starters, then you have to call into question why he paid that much.   but I dont have that info in front of me and I dont care enough to look into it (no offense)

43 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

QB- Stafford, Fields

TE- Andrews, Fant

D- Colts

ok at QB- decent. (assuming you start 1 QB)   if you start 2, then below average

RB-very good-possibly elite   your third RB is probably better than some teams second RB and thats a good place to be.

TE-above average.  possibly elite.  really depends on what kind of season we get out of Andrews.  Fant is a nice dark horse.

WR-clearly the weakness of the team.   

-Brown is underrated.  I think he puts up 1000 yard like he did in Baltimore.   its possible he puts up more.   but his QB is for sure better than the one he had last year and it will show in his stats.   Once Hopkins returns, his stats probably revert back to the average, but its possible they dont.  I still think a WR2 in this offense is better than a WR1 in the Baltimore offense and that makes this guy a nice pick.

Kirk-the number one WR on an emerging offense.  probably a 1000 yard guy, but no guarantees.   as a talent hes kinda Meh, but I dont see any huge threats to his workload this year.  he probably repeats his 1000 yard season from last year and I do think Lawrence is the real deal.  with real coaching I think he steps forward in his progression and Kirk will benefit from this.

Robinson-I love this pick. this guy has never had a good QB tossing him the ball and I think he could light it up.   no guarantees, but he could actually be your best WR.   but hes a lower floor high ceiling pick and I dont mind where you got him.   but with stafford tossing him the ball, he could do some nice things.- well done in picking this guy up.

Campbell-the #2 WR in the indy offense based on the most recent depth chart.   word out of camp is that hes been catching everything and looked real good.   problem with him was never talent, it was his ability to stay healthy.  but you didnt use a top pick on him, and I do love the upside that is here with this guy relative to where you picked him.  hes a candidate to be your WR 3 but if he stays healthy and does what hes supposed to do he could potentially do a whole lot more.... if he can stay healthy.    ideal backup.    starter upside and you cant argue with that.  

Wandale Robinson-I dont love the guy, but he has some potential upside.  I dont know that I would have picked him but thats mostly personal preference at this point in the draft, its not like you are gambling a whole lot.   so if you like him this is the point in the draft to get him.

Defense: is solid.  nothing else to say there.

summary: the results of this draft really depends on how your WR do.    the one criticism of this draft is that you dont have one clear cut #1 guy at WR.   but I think if enough of your low ranked WR pan out you could have a nice year.   I think you make the playoffs, but probably need a good waiver wire acquisition at WR to make you a true contender.    an achievable goal if you watch the wire.   usually 2 or 3 WR emerge each year from out of nowhere and if you get one of them you will be fine.

hey I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank you for posting your draft.   its a brave thing to do this and open yourself up to criticism from others.   There are some here who will rip your team apart no matter what the draft result.

what you have done is allow others to learn from your draft experience.  both the good and the bad help us to learn if our minds are open to learning.

some here may not appreciate this, but I do and for that I thank you.   it was fun to follow along.

Appreciate it Ray T. I'm pretty thick skinned so it doesn't worry me one bit.

Like I said as I went along- I knew I was taking a bit of a hit at wide receiver to strengthen the other areas. At the 1st pick (or even like the 11th or 12th) sometimes you have to jump ahead on guys and find advantages where you can get them. That will invariably leave you weak in an area.

As you said- it's about finding a waiver guy now. If I were drafting at the 5 or 6 spot and ended with this team I'd be less enthused. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

QB- Stafford, Fields

TE- Andrews, Fant

D- Colts

Good luck, and thanks for the updates.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

... but under no circumstances is a TE in the 2nd round ever warranted.

Let's all watch as this train dives over the cliff...

I think you could take Kelce or Andrews in 2nd this year.  That's where some experts have them.  I couldn't bring myself to look over your pages and pages of self mocked drafts to see.