Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

In 12 team PPR, what is your favorite draft spot?

I am the (dubious) winner of our league's Turd Bowl, and as such I am entitled to draft from whatever position I'd like. I've been back and forth about this for over a month, and I still haven't decided. I am BIG on Saquon Barkley this year, and I haven't quite worked out which draft position I can commandeer that has the best chance of landing him, since I've now seen him go in round 1 in some mock drafts.

I would be extremely happy if I got Justin Jefferson in Round 1 and Saquon in Round 2; or perhaps the combo of Swift/Barkley that would represent my best case outcome. If I draft from 12, I think I Barkley gets to me, along with another top player like Diggs.

When I mock on Fantasy Pros, I consistently get the top grades drafting from #1 overall - but I prefer McCaffrey over Taylor, for his PPR upside. I even prefer Ekeler. 

So, I'm really asking two questions:

1. Where does everyone think is the best spot to draft from this year, and which spot do you think gives me the best chance to land Barkley?

I like the third spot in the ppr mocks I’ve done, I think if your first round target is Jefferson top five would be were you would want to be. 

If your first round target is Barkely, I think near the end of the first, 10-12 should be safe, in 12 team half ppr and full I’ve been seeing him lately going late first very early second.   

The best drafting position is the one that is as late as you can possibly draft in the first round and still be assured of landing Derrick Henry.

I think if you draft from the 1.0 spot, you will get Barkley for sure. You're looking at a potential Barkley/Higgins/Thielen situation.

30 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The best drafting position is the one that is as late as you can possibly draft in the first round and still be assured of landing Derrick Henry.

This may be the only thing you have ever posted I agree 100% :)

Well, I traded out of my #1 pick, and drafted 11th. Not sure it worked out, but I went with a very specific strategy.

Hurts

Barkley/Swift/Rahmondre/Mattison/Carter/Herbert

AJ/Metcalf/Lazard/Aiyuk/Burks

Pitts

Carlson

BAL D/ST

42 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

Well, I traded out of my #1 pick, and drafted 11th. Not sure it worked out, but I went with a very specific strategy.

Hurts

Barkley/Swift/Rahmondre/Mattison/Carter/Herbert

AJ/Metcalf/Lazard/Aiyuk/Burks

Pitts

Carlson

BAL D/ST

Mensa called, you have to surrender your card.

I see no indication that you're qualified to judge, but the good news is that we have the entire year to do that for you!

As I said, I followed a strategy. I have 5 players I really wanted, and they fill my lineup - I am lukewarm on Metcalf, but he's performed with mediocrity at QB prior. The Hurts/AJ stack is going to determine the ceiling of this team in a league that rewards running and rushing TDs from the QB.

3 hours ago, IMMensaMind said:

I see no indication that you're qualified to judge, but the good news is that we have the entire year to do that for you!

As I said, I followed a strategy. I have 5 players I really wanted, and they fill my lineup - I am lukewarm on Metcalf, but he's performed with mediocrity at QB prior. The Hurts/AJ stack is going to determine the ceiling of this team in a league that rewards running and rushing TDs from the QB.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 3:18 PM, AxeElf said:

Fell to me at 1.10 and passed him to the 11 pick😜

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joeshushu said:

There are probly medications that can help you if you can overcome the stigma of admitting that you need help.

12 minutes ago, joeshushu said:

Henry lasted that long, oh I need to join.  

6th is best. You're guaranteed Najee Harris (this year's MVP) and won't have to wait long for your next pick.

27 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

6th is best. You're guaranteed Najee Harris (this year's MVP) and won't have to wait long for your next pick.

He won’t match his adp.  

I always feel like this is a trick question.

The best pick to own is the first one. If you want to trade back, fine, trade back but get something in return

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

He won’t match his adp.  

Maybe not, but aside from Taylor I think Harris is the safest pick. 400+ touches guarantees a top 10 finish, even if he sucks. Top 3 potential if he doesn't.

I have one draft from 3 (redraft)

one from 7 (keeper)

one from 9 (redraft)

I am liking 3rd/4th round options from the 7 and 9 positions.  Too many players going between the picks (less margin of error in projecting who will be available in the evening rounds).

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Henry lasted that long, oh I need to join.  

Well you can’t win FF in the first round but you can lose it.  We will see.  I remember you down on choosing Ekler in the first round last year and he finished number two back last year (yea I picked him at the 8 spot). The only back chosen in the first round to finish in the top 10 last year.  I drafted with some savvy guys so they were probably thinking after Henry’s injury he wasn’t that effective in the playoffs and he is starting to hit a wall   Titans offensive line ranks among the worst this year after losing two offensive line men and no Brown to take some pressure off the cheating safeties   I think one has to swing and gamble with that player that exceeds expectations   Last years winner in my league had Kupp (scored over 400 points in our league last year)   I had Gurly the year he went nuts post the previous no show year

3 hours ago, joeshushu said:

Well you can’t win FF in the first round but you can lose it.  We will see.  I remember you down on choosing Ekler in the first round last year and he finished number two back last year (yea I picked him at the 8 spot). The only back chosen in the first round to finish in the top 10 last year.  I drafted with some savvy guys so they were probably thinking after Henry’s injury he wasn’t that effective in the playoffs and he is starting to hit a wall   Titans offensive line ranks among the worst this year after losing two offensive line men and no Brown to take some pressure off the cheating safeties   I think one has to swing and gamble with that player that exceeds expectations   Last years winner in my league had Kupp (scored over 400 points in our league last year)   I had Gurly the year he went nuts post the previous no show year

Yeah I remember that, I didn’t think he could stay healthy for more than ten games.  Congrats on your pick.  

Just no way I can see Henry falling that far in a draft   

6 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Maybe not, but aside from Taylor I think Harris is the safest pick. 400+ touches guarantees a top 10 finish, even if he sucks. Top 3 potential if he doesn't.

He’s not going to have more touches than last season.  

If he doesn’t match is ADP, and you said maybe not, seems like a reach for a player in the first round that won’t match his adp. 

He gets my vote of the players being drafted in the first round as a first round bust.  I don’t like their Qb situation, and after receiving 370 plus touches last season , he won’t get more then last season imo.  

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

If he doesn’t match is ADP, and you said maybe not, seems like a reach for a player in the first round that won’t match his adp.

Ceiling: 1st

Floor: 10th

24 y.o. bell-cow / pass-catching RB is a safe 1st rounder.  Pit's QB and o-line can't be any worse than last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

24 y.o. bell-cow / pass-catching RB is a safe 1st rounder.  Pit's QB and o-line can't be any worse than last year.

What's this about a hurt foot?

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Disagree, I think he’ll perform less then his adp, I think he’ll be worth more of a early second round pick.  

Thanks. 

On 8/29/2022 at 7:13 PM, GobbleDog said:

we arent worried about the foot?

44 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

we arent worried about the foot?

Not in the least. No way the Steelers let their star RB play in the final pre-season game if that lisfrac injury was remotely serious.

He's the heart and soul of that team.

On 8/30/2022 at 10:49 AM, weepaws said:

Disagree, I think he’ll perform less then his adp, I think he’ll be worth more of a early second round pick.  

Thanks. 

You should be a Weather Man. Throw shyt out there and when you’re wrong just dismiss it. You and Axe Elf are two of a kind.

It should be noted that Axe Elf has sworn a solemn oath of integrity which would require him to fully admit responsibility in the event that he is ever wrong.

Hopefully it will never be necessary to invoke the oath.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It should be noted that Axe Elf has sworn a solemn oath of integrity which would require him to fully admit responsibility in the event that he is ever wrong.

Hopefully it will never be necessary to invoke the oath.

Yeah ok. How did Mahomes 50 tds and 6000 yards work out last year?

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

You should be a Weather Man. Throw shyt out there and when you’re wrong just dismiss it. You and Axe Elf are two of a kind.

You can call me out any and every time I get it wrong, and I’ll apologize.  I’m a student not a teacher.  

Im not good at ff, never have I said any different, it’s all luck.  

Thanks. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Wasn’t happy with 8, but Henry dropped to me. I thought he’s top 3-4?

Top one, even!

Congrats on your Championship!

(Please tell us you din't completely screw the pooch in the rest of the draft?)

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Top one, even!

Congrats on your Championship!

(Please tell us you din't completely screw the pooch in the rest of the draft?)

1 - Too many cowboys, 2- Lack of WR depth, relying on rookies

QB: Wilson

RB: Henry, Etienne, Zeke, Rhamondre

WR: Lamb, Godwin, London, Meyers, Olave, Wilson

TE: Schultz, Freiermuth

DST: Rams

K: McManus

Wow Henry went 8th.  Good luck. 

4 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

1 - Too many cowboys,

As a Giants fan that is some bad Voodoo. 💩

When will you be sharing M Berry’s September 1st ff News report? 

Oh I can’t wait.  

17 minutes ago, jrokh said:

As a Giants fan that is some bad Voodoo. 💩

I almost had Dak as well, just couldn't do it.

I remember winning the title my first year playing FFL with all Eagles - McNabb, Westbrook, Owens, their kicker. Dumb luck they were all great that year

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

When will you be sharing M Berry’s September 1st ff News report? 

Oh I can’t wait.  

It's an email from his fantasy life side thing. Just sign up yourself if you want it. If you can't figure out how, I got you. I volunteer helping out the special needs community all the time...

No need to sign up, have you here to post it , hurry please I have a very busy day today.  

6 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

QB: Wilson

RB: Henry, Etienne, Zeke, Rhamondre

WR: Lamb, Godwin, London, Meyers, Olave, Wilson

TE: Schultz, Freiermuth

DST: Rams

K: McManus

I axually would have loved to see Dak at the helm!

Love your three viable RBs--you could have three of the top 10 right there!

But yeah, the lack of WR depth could be a problem.  Hopefully you only have to start 2, and you can pick up a #3 during the season and London or Olave might develop enough to be legitimate bye week depth.

Didn't really need to see the second TE, but it's just the first guy you drop for a waiver pickup, so no biggie.

I'd give it a B+.