Sign in to follow this  
-Vyse-

Discontinued food/drinks you want brought back

3 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

I remember liking it. Something about the pickles did it for me

I enjoy them when I was a kid in the 80's but had one ten years ago and was all grizzle tasting. Yea for some reason the pickle work on them.

23 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Candy cigarettes

had one just the other day.

Twin Bings are really hard to find around here.  it seams like they could go on a boobie related ad campaign.

6 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I enjoy them when I was a kid in the 80's but had one ten years ago and was all grizzle tasting. Yea for some reason the pickle work on them.

During the summers in college I worked at the McDonald’s bakery in Chicago.  Those buns were the worst because that yellow stuff on the bun was like glue.  Tough as hell to clean off the equipment, I’ve never had one and never will just because of that.

1 hour ago, Mungwater said:

During the summers in college I worked at the McDonald’s bakery in Chicago.  Those buns were the worst because that yellow stuff on the bun was like glue.  Tough as hell to clean off the equipment, I’ve never had one and never will just because of that.

That was a thing ? Are they nation wide ? Just thought they bought buns. Like other ingredients- is there a pickle factory? 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

Candy cigarettes

Ooh this is a good one, I loved those things

2 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

That was a thing ? Are they nation wide ? Just thought they bought buns. Like other ingredients- is there a pickle factory? 

My BILs family owned them, something ridiculous like 13 bakeries in 11 countries. It was about the size of a target.  

Good Chinese Food. Extinct. Yeah, I know there’s some expensive ones that are good. I’m talking take out. It sucks now. On the other hand, every new restaurant opening up in my area is Mexican. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

On the other hand, every new restaurant opening up in my area is Mexican. 

With mostly whites eating at them probably

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

With mostly whites eating at them probably

Well the country is mostly white, so yeah.  Who do you think eats at Mexican restaurants in Mexican areas? God you’re dumb.  But I don’t walk into a restaurant doing a headcount of what race is there. Do you? 

21 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

the real pizza hut pizza made in-store with fresh ingredients.  in 2003, Yum! brands changed it so everything was made offsite and shipped in frozen or canned.  half the time you order there, you get spoiled dough (you can tell because it will smell of vinegar).

Great one.  When I opened this up I thought "I don't know what happened to Pizza Hut but that stuff was the shiznit back in HS in the late 80s, and now it sucks."  Thanks for the back story.  :thumbsup: 

On 8/28/2022 at 6:55 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

Candy cigarettes

11 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

pop rocks

These are not discontinued where I live.

Pudding Pops, of course.  This has been discussed here before.

Alpha-Bits cereal.  Mmmmm.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well the country is mostly white, so yeah.  Who do you think eats at Mexican restaurants in Mexican areas? God you’re dumb.  But I don’t walk into a restaurant doing a headcount of what race is there. Do you? 

Your post seemed to be implying the new Mexican restaurants are being built to cater to the Mexican population.  Do you live in a “Mexican area”?

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Great one.  When I opened this up I thought "I don't know what happened to Pizza Hut but that stuff was the shiznit back in HS in the late 80s, and now it sucks."  Thanks for the back story.  :thumbsup: 

When I worked on the road in late 80’s to mid 90’s Pizza Slut was a good option because it served beer. Not many fast food franchises served beer. 

Also liked the now defunct Wendy’s salad bar. Was good stuff. 

IHOP used to have what it called the International Burrito. It was a kick-ass breakfast burrito plus three pancakes. I focking loved it. Then they pulled it. Fock you, IHOP!

28 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Your post seemed to be implying the new Mexican restaurants are being built to cater to the Mexican population.  Do you live in a “Mexican area”?

Well I’m not implying anything. I’m speaking an observed fact. Get a dictionary. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good Chinese Food. Extinct. Yeah, I know there’s some expensive ones that are good. I’m talking take out. It sucks now. On the other hand, every new restaurant opening up in my area is Mexican. 

Still excellent, reasonably priced Chinese food in the Bay Area. 

8 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Bill worked in a pickle factory. He had been employed there for a number of years when he came home one day to confess to his wife that he had a terrible compulsion. He had an urge to stick his into the pickle slicer. His wife suggested that he should see a sex therapist to talk about it, but Bill indicated that he'd be too embarrassed. He vowed to overcome the compulsion on his own.

One day a few weeks later, Bill came home absolutely ashen. His wife could see at once that something was seriously wrong.

"What's wrong, Bill?" she asked. "Do you remember that I told you how I had this tremendous urge to put my into the pickle slicer?"

"Oh, Bill, you didn't."

"Yes, I did."

"My God, Bill, what happened?"

"I got fired."

"No, Bill. I mean, what happened with the pickle slicer?"

"Oh...she got fired too." 

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/winnersjokes/pickleslicerjoke.html

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

When I worked on the road in late 80’s to mid 90’s Pizza Slut was a good option because it served beer. Not many fast food franchises served beer. 

Also liked the now defunct Wendy’s salad bar. Was good stuff. 

Wendy’s super bar was the schit

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I do that, if I go to a chinese restaurant, there better be mostly asians eating there. If it is a bunch of old white people then I know the food is not going to be good. Similarly, the Mexican restaurant i eat at has lots of hispanics that eat there.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I do that, if I go to a chinese restaurant, there better be mostly asians eating there. If it is a bunch of old white people then I know the food is not going to be good. Similarly, the Mexican restaurant i eat at has lots of hispanics that eat there.

Good for you. 

Not sure if discontinued or not, but I used to love Munchos potato "crisps".  Haven't seen them in stores in a long time. 

• Like 1

Chocodiles. But I don’t want them back. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Would see them in northern Iowa and MN a lot is gas stations. They’re disgusting. 

give them a 2nd try. 

they are cherry delicious and have a huge cult following.

There was a pop/soda called Rondo I used to drink as a kid.  Wouldnt mind having another one of those.

Citrus flavored, probably would have been good with Tito'a.

11 hours ago, craftsman said:

It's not completely gone but it's sparse now. Jack in the Box. Love those deep fried tacos. 

Jack is another place to seems to have gone to sh1t.  At least the last few times I've given it "one more chance."  It used to be my favorite, go-to fast food.  The bacon ultimate cheeseburger was the bestest:  lots of beef, lots of cheese, lots of bacon, on a bun.  Surprisingly, I weighed a lot more in that time.  🤪

11 hours ago, craftsman said:

It's not completely gone but it's sparse now. Jack in the Box. Love those deep fried tacos. 

Jack is another place to seems to have gone to sh1t.  At least the last few times I've given it "one more chance."  It used to be my favorite, go-to fast food.  The bacon ultimate cheeseburger was the bestest:  lots of beef, lots of cheese, lots of bacon, on a bun.  Surprisingly, I weighed a lot more in that time.  🤪

1 hour ago, patweisers44 said:

There was a pop/soda called Rondo I used to drink as a kid.  Wouldnt mind having another one of those.

Citrus flavored, probably would have been good with Tito'a.

+ Mello Yello after baseball. 

blow pops

edible panties

8 hours ago, DonS said:

Not sure if discontinued or not, but I used to love Munchos potato "crisps".  Haven't seen them in stores in a long time. 

Munchos never went anywhere.