Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Brian Robinson Jr.: My RB just got shot

10 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Of focking course i just drafted him. 

Antonio Gibson a suspect ?

"Return team, eh?"

I hope he is going to be ok. This is not a time for tasteless jokes. It's pretty carjacked up if you ask me.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Of focking course i just drafted him. 

Antonio Gibson a suspect ?

I'd be looking at all Antonio Gibson dynasty investors if I was the police.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'd be looking at all Antonio Gibson dynasty investors if I was the police.

Well the reports didn't mention the shooter fumbling the weapon, so at least Antonio himself is in the clear.

• Haha 3

As long as there are no broken bones or torn ligaments, a couple of bullet wounds could heal in just a few weeks.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

As long as there are no broken bones or torn ligaments, a couple of bullet wounds could heal in just a few weeks.

Thanks Dr

I wonder if the Comanche's will change their name again to the Bullets...

Literally 2 hours after I drafted him, oh well, I guess this is the risk with players in certain cities

Hope he's okay

wow, I left to make a costco run and come back to find this news. 

Crazy stuff

what's the earliest timetable for someone to return from gunshot wounds? :ninja:

also, t's & p's

As was said, if there's no broken bones or torn ligaments/cartilage, I think he could be good to go in 4 weeks. All about managing.the mus le damage. People may.think that this incident would bump up Gibson's stock but not necessarily IMO. He will get the early down work for a while and McKissic will get his share of 3rd down play and maybe more. Terrible thing to happen to a promising rookie. I know there's many out there, me included, that went and picked up Robinson. Rightfully so as he showed he could wrestle the lead back job from Gibson. Robinson will get plenty of help and attention to get his body right to come back and play at a high level.

4 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

As was said, if there's no broken bones or torn ligaments/cartilage, I think he could be good to go in 4 weeks. All about managing.the mus le damage. People may.think that this incident would bump up Gibson's stock but not necessarily IMO. He will get the early down work for a while and McKissic will get his share of 3rd down play and maybe more. Terrible thing to happen to a promising rookie. I know there's many out there, me included, that went and picked up Robinson. Rightfully so as he showed he could wrestle the lead back job from Gibson. Robinson will get plenty of help and attention to get his body right to come back and play at a high level.

It said he got shot in the lower extremity, which I read as his legs? I am not a doctor, but it depends on the wound, where exactly it hit and the caliber of round of the gun. Good to go in 4 weeks sounds like best case scenario. I would guess closer to 2 months. We will see what’s what when the info comes out…

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

It said he got shot in the lower extremity, which I read as his legs? I am not a doctor, but it depends on the wound, where exactly it hit and the caliber of round of the gun. Good to go in 4 weeks sounds like best case scenario. I would guess closer to 2 months. We will see what’s what when the info comes out…

look all that matters is that hes not gonna die.   Thats #1.  Hopefully this young man has a good recovery.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Yeah the time table for him to return will depend on where in the leg/legs he got shot and how much soft tissue damage was done. Yes I think best case scenario would be 4 weeks and could be longer.depending on the damage. As said he's not gonna die and that is what's important.

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-rookie-rb-brian-robinson-in-stable-condition-following-shooting

update on this situation on nfl.com

Robinson was shot in the glute and lower leg,

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

May be awhile

Robinson was shot in the glute and lower leg, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources. The running back said Monday in an Instagram post that he underwent surgery and it went well.

Rivera told reporters Monday that Robinson was "in a really good place" and "it'll be a matter of time" before the rookie runner is released from the hospital and back with the team. The Commanders coach added there is no timeline for Robinson's return.

"It's really just about the healing process," Rivera said. "Then, once he's well enough to get out on the field, then the doctors will have to clear him obviously and then we'll go from there. But like I said, everything's been very positive so far."

Just a gut feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's out the season

38 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Just a gut feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's out the season

possibly.  I'd say at a bare minimum he will be out 5 or 6 weeks.

if the bullet grazed him, they wouldnt have needed surgery.   that likely adds a minumum of 2 weeks to the recovery time.

My best guess is hes not fantasy relevant until after week 8 or 9.

Should be back by Week 2 or 3 if there was no significant structural damage--and the one in the butt would almost certainly be of that type.  It's just a deep laceration.  The lower leg injury could be more significant, but they're not saying so at this point.

The no timetable for return is the red flag for me.  That could mean some type of nerve damage, but the optics problem certainly clouds the picture.  They can't come out and say he'll be back by week 3 or whatever without seeming like they don't care about his well-being.  You know there's a bunch of people clutching pearls ready to pounce on the commanders with their, "a man's been shot and you just care about what he can do for your football team!" takes even if this isn't really all that bad.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

look all that matters is my fantasy team.   Thats #1.  Hopefully this young man has a good recovery.

Fixed it for you. 

50 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Should be back by Week 2 or 3 if there was no significant structural damage--and the one in the butt would almost certainly be of that type.  It's just a deep laceration.  The lower leg injury could be more significant, but they're not saying so at this point.

Depends on what caliber. If it's a .22lr, it's just a deep flesh wound, but it it's a .357 mag or something like that, it could have done significant muscle damage.

There's very few muscles RBs rely on more than their glutes. The lower leg too as you mentioned, potentially very bad for a RB.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

possibly.  I'd say at a bare minimum he will be out 5 or 6 weeks.

if the bullet grazed him, they wouldnt have needed surgery.   that likely adds a minumum of 2 weeks to the recovery time.

My best guess is hes not fantasy relevant until after week 8 or 9.

There's a decent chance he could have short term, or long term, PTSD too, which could complicate his recovery

buy low?  :dunno:

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Depends on what caliber. If it's a .22lr, it's just a deep flesh wound, but it it's a .357 mag or something like that, it could have done significant muscle damage.

There's very few muscles RBs rely on more than their glutes. The lower leg too as you mentioned, potentially very bad for a RB.

What about a 9 mm?  I imagine that's the weapon of choice for car jackers based on movies I've seen.

Darn I now need to rank Gibson higher.  

Robinson is going to be out for a long while imo.  

1 minute ago, Apollo Creed said:

What round should we take the carjacker? 

I guess that depends if you own Gibson.  

so, what are you all doing with robinson?  late pick?  not picking him?  how about in dynasty?

1 hour ago, cavern said:

so, what are you all doing with robinson?  late pick?  not picking him?  how about in dynasty?

Stashing him. Hoping they say he’s on IR so I can stuff him in that spot and pick up someone else off waivers