Sign in to follow this  
doughboys_2002

Trade options

I have not had time to pay attention to FF and didn't cram for my draft. I have some trade options I want to propose, I would like to get some thoughts.

12 Team Standard League, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

My Team:

POS Move Offense Opp Status Yds TD Yds TD Yds TD FumTD 2PT Points
QB  
Daniel JonesQB - NYG
@TEN - - - - - - - - 0.00
RB  
Derrick HenryRB - TEN
NYG - - - - - - - - 0.00
RB   CLE - - - - - - - - 0.00
WR  
Mike WilliamsWR - LAC
LV - - - - - - - - 0.00
WR  
DK MetcalfWR - SEA
DEN - - - - - - - - 0.00
TE  
T.J. HockensonTE - DET
PHI - - - - - - - - 0.00
R/W/T  
Nick ChubbRB - CLE
@CAR - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN   @LAC - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN   @CHI - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN  
Chris EvansRB - CIN
PIT - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN   BUF - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN  
Kareem HuntRB - CLE
@CAR - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN  
Brandon AiyukWR - SF
@CHI - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN  
D.J. MooreWR - CAR
CLE - - - - - - - - 0.00
BN  
Adam ThielenWR - MIN
GB - - - - - - - - 0.00
          PAT FG Made Fantasy
POS Move Kicker Opp Status Made 0-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+ Points
K   @HOU - - - - - - 0.00
          Tackles Turnover Score Kick Ret Fantasy
POS Move Defense Team Opp Status Sack Int Fum Rec Fum F Saf TD Block TD Points
DEF   @CAR - - - - - - - -

We keep 4 players every year, I kept Henry, McCaffery, Chubb, and Metcalf. I am not too high on Henry finishing the season, age and workload make me nervous. QB's went way to early so I got Jones but am not too worried I can stream or trade for one down the line. 

Trade thoughts are:

Mike Williams and Kareem Hunt for Dameon Pierce and Allen Robinson

I like Pierce and he could be a long-term keeper, and I think Robinson is better than Williams

2nd trade

Henry for Chase Edmunds and AJ Dillon

Edmunds sought out the Dolphins and the Dolphins sought out Edmunds. He is an incredible fit for their scheme. AJ Dillon, to me, is a younger version of Henry ready to break out and is also a long-term keeper candidate.  

Thoughts

You are stronger at RB than need be.  You are somewhat questionable at WR and QB.

If you don’t like Henry, try offering Him for a top top WR.

bundling hunt and Chubb for a top WR may also work.

I don’t like Metcalf this year.

You can probably waive abdullah, Davis-price and/or evans and pick up some flyers like Winston or Mayfield; or maybe Doubs or Watson.  

Good luck! 

it is a bit early in the year to be making this sort of trade I think.

you have Henry, CMC and Chubb.  3 studs and you can start them all because one will start in the flex spot. You have some solid WR and a decent TE. The only piece missing is a solid QB as I dont think Daniel Jones will get it done for you.

that said.... QB's can be acquired cheap enough in a league where you only start 1 QB so I dont think this is a roster you should be giving up on.  (not yet anyways)

my take is that you only Trade Henry if you dont think you have a good chance to win.  no point holding onto the guy if you are not going for the gold  he likely only has 1-2 good years left in his career(assuming good health).    I dont think you are at that point yet.

but if CMC gets hurt or just doesnt play well, you might want to think about it.   a top team may give you a lot for Henry.  potentially more than what you are looking at trading him for now.

This is player thats going top 3-5 in most drafts overall.  Edmonds and Dillon are not enough of a return for Henry in my opinion.   if you wanna make that trade the other owner should take it hands down no questions asked.   

you are basically trading a top 5 first round pick for Dillon (ADP 50=early 5th round pick) and  Edmonds (ADP 70)= late 6th round.

would you trade a first round pick for a 5th and a 6th?    I wouldnt.   and a top 5 first round pick should be good for a first and a 2nd rounder in most formats  so if trading him away smarten up and ask for more.  Most guys should be willing to give you their best RB and another top player on their roster to get Henry.   I'm not kidding.   

dont sell yourself short

On 8/31/2022 at 8:20 AM, doughboys_2002 said:

Mike Williams and Kareem Hunt for Dameon Pierce and Allen Robinson

I like Pierce and he could be a long-term keeper, and I think Robinson is better than Williams

dameon pierce ADP 73=early 6th round   Allen Robinson ADP 61= early 5th round

Mike Williams ADP 43=mid 4th round  Hunt ADP 81=7th round

this is better than your other deal.   but in theory, you might be able to get Pierce and Robinson for Williams by himself.   I guess Hunt is a reasonable throw in because Pierce has more future value than his ADP shows.   and likely if taking 2 players, you have to give up 2.  if you were gonna drop hunt anyways might as well give him as part of the deal.   any chance of getting him to sweeten the deal for you?  maybe give you a draft pick or something?

Henry for both Edmonds and Dillon would be a mistake.  

Keeper league I can agree with the other trade offer.