Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Duke women's volleyball player's racial-slur claim comes under scrutiny

Simply shocking. She accuses, then the first reaction was to ban the fan from the arena, THEN they go and decide to look into it. And Biden is worried about the "MAGA" bad guys.

NCAA women’s volleyball was put under a cloud of controversy over the weekend when Duke player Rachel Richardson said she was subjected to racial slurs during at a game against BYU in Utah.

Richardson said BYU officials did not react quickly enough to address the situation. BYU said the fan was not a student but was sitting in the student section and banned the fan from all athletic venues on campus.

-------

"When we watched the video, we did not observe that behavior from him," Besendorfter said, via the Salt Lake Tribune.

BYU associate athletic director Jon McBride added that several athletics employees have been combing through all the footage the team has access to and have not found evidence of racial slurs being shouted.

"Various BYU Athletics employees have been reviewing video from BYUtv and other cameras in the facility that the volleyball team has access to for film review. This has been ongoing since right after the match on Friday night," McBride said in a statement. "The person who was banned was the person identified by Duke as using racial slurs. However, we have been unable to find any evidence of that person using slurs in the match."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/duke-womens-volleyball-players-racial-slur-claim-comes-scrutiny

• Sad 1

They also gang raped a male stripper

It’s 2022.  Everyone has a phone, it would have been recorded by someone at the game if that was going on.

And the accuser has a close family friend running for office who immediately used this event as publicity.  Shocking.

• Thanks 2

Those Mormons are a rowdy bunch. Especially at a volleyball match. Threat to democracy.  

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Those Mormons are a rowdy bunch. Especially at a volleyball match. Threat to democracy.  

Mormons dropping N bombs at volleyball games.  How many times does this need to happen before something is done?  :mad: 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Mormons dropping N bombs at volleyball games.  How many times does this need to happen before something is done?  :mad: 

I hope she got some trauma counseling back at Duke. Poor thing. 

Perfect time for a lawsuit against that chick. Maybe the judge will sentence her to be the guy's maid for a month.

• Sad 1

Thankfully the Duke lacrosse team wasn't there rapin' b1tches. 

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Nice to see Whitlock losing some weight.  

When will she be getting kicked off the volleyball team for falsely accusing someone of yelling out racist remarks?

• Sad 1

Thread, she's a blatant liar who's family is racist. It's always the same with these stories.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Thread, she's a blatant liar who's family is racist. It's always the same with these stories.

N***a please! 

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

She’s a politician? Democrat or Republican? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. Her Godmother really, really, really doesn’t like white people. Why are they (false accusers) always so dumb?

2 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Wow. Her Godmother really, really, really doesn’t like white people. Why are they (false accusers) always so dumb?

Their heroes are stupid. :dunno:

• Sad 1

Over/under on how long before Biden goes off script and says something along the lines of "come on man!   They even have people yelling the N-word at women's volley ball games!"    

I'd set it at somewhere between 2-4 weeks.  

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2022 at 1:15 PM, avoiding injuries said:

When demand exceeds supply…

Most times it’s true.  Gotta manufacture drama.  

5 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Good. I hope this destroys women's sports. And let's create as much race hatred as possible until a war starts. I'm all in.

So then this was yet another fakery of racism?

It just pisses me off that it seems like there's absolutely no shame or accountability in lying anymore. Used to be, if you got caught lying? There was legitimate anger, and then they make it tearful apology or whatever, but they paid the price. Not anymore. Juicy Smollett just can't bring himself to admit he lied.

Honestly? Long run? I think folks are  better off admitting and apologizing. 

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Is she lying or just wrong?

It's a Bubba Wallace situation.  In other words, it doesn't matter because she'll never have to answer for it. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In volleyball, when you dive for a ball and keep it in play, it's called a "digger."

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Anyone can yell the "N" word really loud without moving their lips or changing their expressions (give it a try), but if someone was doing that, then that means the whole student section is guilty for not calling the guy out. Including the black people sitting there.

She's a liar.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It's a Bubba Wallace situation.  In other words, it doesn't matter because she'll never have to answer for it. 

To me, it does matter a bit.  I think Wallace was wrong... I know Jussie Smollett lied.  I have way less respect for Smollett than I do Wallace.  This girl, I don't know what she has to gain by lying.  I think she's just wrong.  I think she should just come out and apologizes for being wrong, then I'm ok with it, providing that the person who was accused, had no ill-affects from the situation.  If she's lying, then she should be kicked off the team and lose her scholarship.  Also, both schools and the NCAA should be sued if that guy lost his job or something like that.