Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Nobody cares about your Fantasy Team

7 hours ago, DB13 said:

Damn bro havent seen you in forever. Glad to have you back. At least a person with some common sense has returned

Haha. Good to see you.

I'm just passing through. I legit believe my continued sobriety and happiness would be in jeopardy if I went full bored again. As much as I love many of the old timers, this place is toxic as hell!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

Haha. Good to see you.

I'm just passing through. I legit believe my continued sobriety and happiness would be in jeopardy if I went full bored again. As much as I love many of the old timers, this place is toxic as hell!

That’s Funny.  Whatever makes you happy man. I just remind myself this place isn’t real.  None of us are exactly how we portray ourselves nor are we defined by others no matter how they try. It’s a time killer. Nice that you’re in a good spot. Enjoy it. 

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you know there isnt such a thing as a true DND list right?

I wouldnt draft Zeke either, but if he was there in the 5th I would

you should always let the draft dictate what you do anyways, I did have CMAC at no 7 overall, but still behind Ekler and Kelce, both were gone

CMAC was going 1-2 thats what put him on my DND, if I picked 1-2 I would not have selected him

I like him more than Harris, Cook, Mixon, Jones, Barkley, Kamara etc, the next group

I do tier based rankings

Tier 1 RB

Ekler-Taylor-Henry-Cmac

Tier 1 WR

Jefferson-Adams-Kupp

Tier 1 TE

Kelce

Tier 1 overall

Ekeler-Jefferson-Taylor-Kelce-Kupp-Henry-Cmac-Adams

Draft went

Taylor-Henry-Kupp-Jefferson-Kelce-Ekler-Cmac

which caused a run on RB's and Pitts and Andrews allowing me to get Adams, so I got 2 of my top 8

Cool so you just had him ranked a little lower than most, but he wasn’t “on your ignore list” liked you claimed, especially since I assume you knew your draft position going in. 

Correct there comes a point where even a “DND” becomes a good value, but that’s usually at least a round or usually several below their ADP, not like 4 spots.

25 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Cool so you just had him ranked a little lower than most, but he wasn’t “on your ignore list” liked you claimed, especially since I assume you knew your draft position going in. 

Correct there comes a point where even a “DND” becomes a good value, but that’s usually at least a round or usually several below their ADP, not like 4 spots.

You just like to argue. Give it a rest. 

7 hours ago, MDC said:

10 team full PPR:

QB: Hurts

RB: Cook, Javonte, AJ Dillon, Penny, Pierce, Mattison

WR: Pittman Jr., KAllen, G Davis, R Bateman, K Toney

TE: Schultz 

D Colts 

K Elliot

Yahoo gave this roster a C-. I think it’s a solid B/B+.

Just now, MDC said:

Please, please acknowledge my fake, fake football team. Pathetic.  

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

For a 12 team it would be pretty good. I think you get dinged because it is a 10 team.

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

For a 12 team it would be pretty good. I think you get dinged because it is a 10 team.

Also it doesn’t exist.  HTH 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I should have made it a 16-team league.

Then it would be great. :( 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I should have made it a 16-team league.

Then it would be great. :( 

in a 10 team, you should have more higher ranked players available throughout the draft.

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

in a 10 team, you should have more higher ranked players available throughout the draft.

Now I get it. 🤔 

I reached on Javonte (2) Hurts (5) and Schultz (6). I think I got huge bargains on Dillon and Gabe at 7/8 and Pierce in the 9th. 

Work league so just for fun and got my son involved this year. :cheers: 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Now I get it. 🤔 

I reached on Javonte (2) Hurts (5) and Schultz (6). I think I got huge bargains on Dillon and Gabe at 7/8 and Pierce in the 9th. 

👍

1 hour ago, MDC said:

49 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Agreed

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Now I get it. 🤔 

Also agreed.  I was trying to figure out your rd 2 pick, figured either Williams or Pittman.  Yeah it's a reach but if you think he's going to be the bomb and that he won't be there next time around, it's not a bad move to take him.  :cheers: 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Agreed

Also agreed.  I was trying to figure out your rd 2 pick, figured either Williams or Pittman.  Yeah it's a reach but if you think he's going to be the bomb and that he won't be there next time around, it's not a bad move to take him.  :cheers: 

Javonte was “my guy” this draft so I took him at 14 overall. 

All the rate my team sites said my team is bad. They are probably right. 

Start: QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, K, Def - PPR - I had the 10 spot in a 12 team

QB Mahomes, Mayfield 

RB Mixon,  Mitchell,  Pollard, Kenny Walker, Zahir White, Nigel Hines

WR Mike Williams, Mooney, Lazards, Olave, Jalen Tolberts

TE Travis Kelces, Albert Okeechoobeee

D New Englands

K Succups

23 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

RATE MY TEAM!@#!

Half point PPR - 12 Teams - Pretty Standard scoring otherwise

QB: Jalen Hurts, M.Stafford

RB:  Dalvin Cook, Eiljah Mitchell, Antonio Gibson, Michael Carter

WR:  CeeDee Lamb, Tyreek Hill,  Mike Williams, Treylon Burkes

TE:  Zach Ertz, Cole Kmet

I have to be perfectly honest, I am half owner of this team.  After 15 + years of playing, being a commissioner, playing on this here boreds team vs other boreds.  I quit cold turkey like 5 years ago as I was burned out.  I'm the type of person who if I do have a team it sort of consumes me....I'm competitive and drafts and fantasy teams are like crack to me.   I'm assuming a bunch of you are like that too, hell its fftoday.com we are on right now for heavens sake.

My Company has a fantasy league that I've been invited too and turned down in years past due to my addiction;  I'm on the fantasy football road to recovery after all.  However on Monday a co-worker and also friend couldn't make the company draft last night so he asked me to go in half with him on his team and all I had to do was draft the team for us.  He would take control afterwards with all the weekly free agents - lineups- yada yada.   

I have to be honest, I don't even know half of the guys I drafted as I've been out of the game.  However  I used tried and true drafting strategies that always worked for me in the past.   Tiered Position Rankings,  never reaching for QB's or TE's and I checked in on my good buddy Doug Orth.  

It feels good to be back.  :pointstosky:

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I have to be perfectly honest, I am half owner of this team.  After 15 + years of playing, being a commissioner, playing on this here boreds team vs other boreds.  I quit cold turkey like 5 years ago as I was burned out.  I'm the type of person who if I do have a team it sort of consumes me....I'm competitive and drafts and fantasy teams are like crack to me.   I'm assuming a bunch of you are like that too, hell its fftoday.com we are on right now for heavens sake.

My Company has a fantasy league that I've been invited too and turned down in years past due to my addiction;  I'm on the fantasy football road to recovery after all.  However on Monday a co-worker and also friend couldn't make the company draft last night so he asked me to go in half with him on his team and all I had to do was draft the team for us.  He would take control afterwards with all the weekly free agents - lineups- yada yada.   

I have to be honest, I don't even know half of the guys I drafted as I've been out of the game.  However  I used tried and true drafting strategies that always worked for me in the past.   Tiered Position Rankings,  never reaching for QB's or TE's and I checked in on my good buddy Doug Orth.  

It feels good to be back.  :pointstosky:

Samething here. I got bored of playing 10 years ago and had a buddy from the bar saying they were having a hard time filling the final spot so I gave in and joined a league again. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

Samething here. I got bored of playing 10 years ago and had a buddy from the bar saying they were having a hard time filling the final spot so I gave in and joined a league again. 

I took 7-8 years off before this year. Originally quit because it was too time consuming after my son was born. Joined this time in part because he was interested. :cheers: 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I took 7-8 years off before this year. Originally quit because it was too time consuming after my son was born. Joined this time in part because he was interested. :cheers: 

Fantasy football is childs play compared to EdEx. You want some time consuming stress in your life? Play fantasy golf with us next year. :cheers:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Start: QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, K, Def - PPR - I had the 10 spot in a 12 team

QB Mahomes, Mayfield 

D New Englands

K Succups

I like mixon, kelce, mahomes.

As a 9ers fan, it is hard to trust a shanahan rb.

I think early on your rb2 is Hines. Pollard will emerge in the second half of the year 

i think you could have done better with your wrs

i like Williams but he has not been consistent 

8 team auction league with 3 keepers, ppr.

We start 2QBs, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1 Flex (RB/WR), 2nd Flex (WR/TE), 2 TE, 2 D/ST, 2K, 1IDP.

I lost in the championship game last year on the last run by Najee Harris to a guy that also had Josh Allen, Jonathan Taylor and Cooper Kupp. 

My Keepers: Javonte Williams, Mark Andrews, Tee Higgins 

My starters (in bold) and bench: 

QB: Mahomes & Dak Prescott, Justin Fields

RB (2 + flex): Javonte Williams, David Montgomery, Dameon Pierce, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Melvin Gordon

WR (3 + flex): Tyreek Hill, Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Robert Woods, Deandre Hopkins, Brandon Aiyuk, Chris Olave, Treylon Burks

TE: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Hunter Henry, Noah Fant

K: Daniel Carlson, Will Lutz

IDP: CJ Mosley

D/ST: Rams, Browns

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 10:48 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s a good team. I have personal animosity towards Stafford, but as a #2, hell yeah. Might want to get Cooks backup if you have more room.  

Alexander Mattison would already be drafted in any competitive league. 

On 9/1/2022 at 1:12 AM, mobb_deep said:

QB: Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields

RB:  Dalvin Cook, Cam Akers, Kareem Hunt, Michael Carter, Tyler Allgeier

WR:  Davante Adams, AJ Brown, Keenan Allen, Deandre Hopkins, Chase Claypool

TE:  Dalton Schultz, Irv Smith Jr.

:dunno:

Oof. With great in season management and a strong eye on the waiver wire, we think you have a 9% chance to make the playoffs. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, MDC said:

10 team full PPR:

QB: Hurts

RB: Cook, Javonte, AJ Dillon, Penny, Pierce, Mattison

WR: Pittman Jr., KAllen, G Davis, R Bateman, K Toney

TE: Schultz 

D Colts 

K Elliot

Solid for a 12 team league. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Solid for a 12 team league. 

How about for a 10 team league?

12 hours ago, Gepetto said:

8 team auction league with 3 keepers, ppr.

We start 2QBs, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1 Flex (RB/WR), 2nd Flex (WR/TE), 2 TE, 2 D/ST, 2K, 1IDP.

I lost in the championship game last year on the last run by Najee Harris to a guy that also had Josh Allen, Jonathan Taylor and Cooper Kupp. 

My Keepers: Javonte Williams, Mark Andrews, Tee Higgins 

My starters (in bold) and bench: 

QB: Mahomes & Dak Prescott, Justin Fields

RB (2 + flex): Javonte Williams, David Montgomery, Dameon Pierce, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Melvin Gordon

WR (3 + flex): Tyreek Hill, Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Robert Woods, Deandre Hopkins, Brandon Aiyuk, Chris Olave, Treylon Burks

TE: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Hunter Henry, Noah Fant

K: Daniel Carlson, Will Lutz

IDP: CJ Mosley

D/ST: Rams, Browns

I’d expect a little better for an 8 teamer

14 hours ago, bostonlager said:

QB Mahomes, Mayfield 

D New Englands

K Succups

😔

I assume you went Kelce / Mixon or Mixon / Kelce rounds 1 and 2. Mahomes and round 3 and Mike Williams in round 4. 
I wiuld have waited on a QB. There are so many really good fantasy viable QBs that using that 3rd round pick elsewhere would have been better. 
5/6 = Mitchell and Mooney? Who else was there. I’m not high on either. Can’t trust a SF fantasy RB. Maybe I’m not as high on Mooney as I should be. 
I do really like Lazard but more as a WR 4 for value. 

I guess I only don’t like it because I’d rather see a better 1-2 punch at WR or RB instead of Mahomes. 

19 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

😔

I assume you went Kelce / Mixon or Mixon / Kelce rounds 1 and 2. Mahomes and round 3 and Mike Williams in round 4. 
I wiuld have waited on a QB. There are so many really good fantasy viable QBs that using that 3rd round pick elsewhere would have been better. 
5/6 = Mitchell and Mooney? Who else was there. I’m not high on either. Can’t trust a SF fantasy RB. Maybe I’m not as high on Mooney as I should be. 
I do really like Lazard but more as a WR 4 for value. 

I guess I only don’t like it because I’d rather see a better 1-2 punch at WR or RB instead of Mahomes. 

I agree. This is my first time play again since like 2015 I think. We only start 1 RB so I didn’t double up on them in 1/2, but maybe should have since we have 2 flex spots. 

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I agree. This is my first time play again since like 2015 I think. We only start 1 RB so I didn’t double up on them in 1/2, but maybe should have since we have 2 flex spots. 

Or gone stronger at WR and started 4 wide. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

How about for a 10 team league?

not good but not awful. The C rating is probably correct. I like many of the players you have but it feels like it should be stronger for a 10 team league.

It feels very similar to my home draft team but mine is a 12 team league.. and while I like Shulltz a lot this year, I have Andrews in that league so I was able to assemble a very similar roster while still using a 2.11 pick on Andrews with 2 more teams in the league. 

I'm not bragging about my team. there are 2-3 others in my league I like better, but I need something to use for comparison.

We both have Hurts
I have CMC/Montgomery... I also have Penny and Mattison among my backups. I like Javonte, have him in dynasty but my expectations are tempered with Gordon still in town. 
We both have Gabe Davis as our WR3. He is my flex starter. My top 2 are Evans and Amon-Ra. Very comparable to Pittman and Allen. 
I have Andrews and Kmet at TE. 
My DST is the Ravens in the last round for streaming and my kicker is TBD. Elliot is among my options on waivers. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’d expect a little better for an 8 teamer

Well it's 2 QB league and it's like Mahomes is my 1st pick at the cost.  Since it's a 3 keeper league most top RBs, WRs were kept.  I was outbid on Dalvin Cook, Kamara, and McCaffrey.  I got Tyreek Hill who's a #1.

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Well it's 2 QB league and it's like Mahomes is my 1st pick at the cost.  Since it's a 3 keeper league most top RBs, WRs were kept.  I was outbid on Dalvin Cook, Kamara, and McCaffrey.  I got Tyreek Hill who's a #1.

i was going to edit my post to go into a little analysis instead of just the short statement.. so i'll add some here. Obviously with it being a keeper/auction league its going to be different. Still, I assume everyone had 3 viable keepers and it's auction so there is no round loss attached to them. 

Mahomes and Dak are 2 of the QB's that give me a little pause compared to the others being drafted close to them. Again that's based on ADP not auction and it's absolutely a great duo. Depends a little on QB scoring but most teams in 12 team leagues have backups that i'd be fine starting in a 2 QB format. Of course when you know the format is 2 QB, teams will be rostering 3-4 depending on league size and drafting them earlier. 

you have great depth.  but starter wise i think is where it feels lackluster. Javonte as a 1 in an 8 team league? It makes me expect better receivers. I love Tyreek Hill, don't love him as much in Miami.. hope i'm wrong. My favorite receiver you have is Tee Higgins. I also have Robert Woods as my WR4. 

Somehow I feel like my 12 team roster has better starting RB's, a pretty comparable top 4 receivers and the same TE. My backup TE is Kmet who I'd take over Hockenson anyway.

So the difference is you have 2 top 12 QB's against my 1, and overall better depth. Dobbins is someones RB2 in my league (round 6), Dillon is an RB3, Hopkins is someones WR4 stash while you have him as a WR 5 stash. But again, you're playing with 4 less teams so I expect most teams to have a ton of depth. 

• Thanks 1

10 team league pretty standard scoring, no ppr.

I can franchise Burrow in the 9th, Hurts in the 17th, Akers in the 17th, or Amon-Ra St. Brown in the 17th.

Which way would you go?

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

10 team league pretty standard scoring, no ppr.

I can franchise Burrow in the 9th, Hurts in the 17th, Akers in the 17th, or Amon-Ra St. Brown in the 17th.

Which way would you go?

can franchise 1 of them? and non ppr..... that rules out Amon-Ra as his value probably drops slightly relative to some other receivers in PPR formats. 

How many rounds is the draft?!? That seems like super late keeper prices for a player like Hurts who should have been drafted much higher last year. 

Burrow is still great value as a 9th but i've been coming around on Hurts as a potential top 3 fantasy QB so I would lean him or Akers. 

My gut tells me Hurts and then to go RB/RB to start the draft

4 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

can franchise 1 of them? and non ppr..... that rules out Amon-Ra as his value probably drops slightly relative to some other receivers in PPR formats. 

How many rounds is the draft?!? That seems like super late keeper prices for a player like Hurts who should have been drafted much higher last year. 

Burrow is still great value as a 9th but i've been coming around on Hurts as a potential top 3 fantasy QB so I would lean him or Akers. 

My gut tells me Hurts and then to go RB/RB to start the draft

I have the 9th pick in a 10 team league (also 12th pick), and none of the top 14 are able to be franchised.  Mahomes will go in a local league before I pick, so I should be able to get two out of Taylor, McCaffrey, Henry, Ekeler, Kamara, Harris, Kupp, Jefferson, Chase, Cook or Swift.  

I don't think I can get Hurts now because he was dropped by someone else and likely not eligible.  With that in mind, I'm kind of leaning toward Burrow and hoping to get Chase and a top from whoever falls to me.

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I have the 9th pick in a 10 team league (also 12th pick), and none of the top 14 are able to be franchised.  Mahomes will go in a local league before I pick, so I should be able to get two out of Taylor, McCaffrey, Henry, Ekeler, Kamara, Harris, Kupp, Jefferson, Chase, Cook or Swift.  

I don't think I can get Hurts now because he was dropped by someone else and likely not eligible.  With that in mind, I'm kind of leaning toward Burrow and hoping to get Chase and a top from whoever falls to me.

If you can’t keep hurts and Akers costs a 17th, I’d lean Akers. Burrow probably Goes round 6, maybe 5 depending how QB happy your drafters are. Akers is a nice RB3. Akers in the 17th is a much bigger value compared to ADP 🤷🏻‍♂️

stick with your plan for rounds 1/2. I like Mixon also. Maybe above Swift. 

then you can just wait on QB until round 6 or 7 and get Hurts or Dak if Burrow is gone. Or even Wilson, Brady, Rogers etc. 

Now I'm starting to think of all those rbs do fall, maybe I'm better off targeting a jefferson/ chase combo, relying on Akers and trying to strike gold with some guys like Harris, Montgomery, ceh, hall, pierce, Etienne, etc in the 3rd/4th

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Now I'm starting to think of all those rbs do fall, maybe I'm better off targeting a jefferson/ chase combo, relying on Akers and trying to strike gold with some guys like Harris, Montgomery, ceh, hall, pierce, Etienne, etc in the 3rd/4th

In non ppr I can’t see how. I’d go for two stud backs. Receiver is so deep. 

But you could be contrarian and make it work