Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

Best Ball Anyone?

Anyone here play Best Ball and if so where do you play?   It's not DFS, and it's not traditional season long.  It's kind of a mix of both!    I just started playing at Underdog this year!  

4 hours ago, Maulers1973 said:

Anyone here play Best Ball and if so where do you play?   It's not DFS, and it's not traditional season long.  It's kind of a mix of both!    I just started playing at Underdog this year!  

RTSports does them pretty well at prices $10 and up, but they take a huge rake, like a $150 prize pool from $200 in entry fees.  They do have Best Ball leagues in the auction format, though, and that's a big plus.

Yahoo has cheap, even free, Best Ball leagues, but they only offer snake drafts.

And yes, Best Ball leagues rule.  You get all the fun of drafting without the hangover of in-season management.  It's like birth control for fantasy football!

• Like 1

I tried to get people to do a best ball here earlier this year and nobody here joined in.

I have done around ~20 leagues so far.

I did not see that thread, I will do a draft, can we do 25 dollars?

I have not used yahoo, i have been using fanduel, just let me know ahead of time of the date/time and i should be flexible.

23 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I did not see that thread, I will do a draft, can we do 25 dollars?

I have not used yahoo, i have been using fanduel, just let me know ahead of time of the date/time and i should be flexible.

I may be done drafting for this year.

I spent this past spring (and several thousand dollars) acquiring one of the top 10 Vampirella collections in the world (as well as most of the other Warren titles), and to clear it with the Supermodel I had to bargain away my fireworks budget and most of my fantasy football budget for this summer to do it--leaving myself only $200 to invest this season (and I'm at $205 including service fees at the moment).

I could maybe do another $1 one on Yahoo just for fun, but not just between you and me.  If 8 or 9 people here want to do one, I'll do it, but I'm probly not sinking another $25 into it.

I've done about 7 leagues on Underdog, each a 12 teamer for $5.  I think $54 goes to first which isn't bad.  It has a 10% rake.  I'm thinking of tossing a hail marry at the BMIII tourney on that site!   I've not seen Best Ball in an auction format.  That could be really fun!    

134 BB leagues in Underdog right now (and counting).

Last year was my first time playing Underdog BB and managed to win back my entry fees and added 10% on top...so I figured I'd invest a little more this year.

I'm in a handful of some 3/10/12 team regular season leagues and a bunch of Puppy leagues....but not spending more than $5 per league.

Not intertested in BBM III given the extreme odds of finishing in the $$.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JOHN 316 said:

134 BB leagues in Underdog right now (and counting).

Nice!

That's more than I've ever had, by about double.

This is my first year doing Best Ball on Underdog.  Is there no live scoring or ranking updates?   How the heck are we supposed to know how we are doing in all those drafts as the season goes along??   

On 9/22/2022 at 9:20 AM, Maulers1973 said:

This is my first year doing Best Ball on Underdog.  Is there no live scoring or ranking updates?   How the heck are we supposed to know how we are doing in all those drafts as the season goes along??   

Top left of website.....click "LIVE" then "BESTBALL".

All your drafts are there, your current possition as well as the $$ you are "currently" winning.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:31 PM, JOHN 316 said:

Top left of website.....click "LIVE" then "BESTBALL".

All your drafts are there, your current possition as well as the $$ you are "currently" winning.

Thank you!!!!    

Is anyone still alive in any Underdog Best Ball tourneys?  I had a couple that I threw at the BMIII that did not advance.  One missed the cut by about 10 points.  I had 3 out of 10 Puppy lineups advance to Rd 2, but none are moving onto next week.  I still have 4 season long lineups that are currently showing in the money.  All in all, it's been a good first year of doing it, and I really like the format a LOT!!!!   

I have 1 entry left in Puppy III......fingers crossed I can advance to final round.