Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Starting the draft receiver heavy

If there was a year to load up on receivers for a late lot draft position, this is it. A choice of Chase or Adam's typically. Then adding Hill or Evans in the second seems like the best start I can come up with

A big reason imo is the glut in solid running back options in the middle rounds. There are solid receiving options of course, but the running back options late first early second aren't as reliable as the receivers.

Maybe so, I’ve done some ppr mocks going WRs early, and surprised at the depth still available at the rb slot. 

Starting with a Jefferson or a Chase coming back with a Diggs or a Evans, and then hitting Rbs hard has made for an impressive looking team.  

Oh yes, I can see it now, your team starts with D. Adams and T. Hill and it goes downhill from there.  Destined for last place!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Oh yes, I can see it now, your team starts with D. Adams and T. Hill and it goes downhill from there.  Destined for last place!

OP's WRs will out-produce yours..................................😂!

35 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Did you draft lamar Jackson?

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Did you draft lamar Jackson?

Huh-Where'd THAT come from? I was talking about OP's post and your hilarious reaction...............over your head? Whatever, have a good one.

It is an interesting strategy but I think there are a lot of either committee backs or not great options at RB once you get past the main guys up top. I think if you can get one of the big gun running backs you do it and look for receiver depth later in the draft. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Huh-Where'd THAT come from? I was talking about OP's post and your hilarious reaction...............over your head? Whatever, have a good one.

Just a little bunny trail didn't jackson give you grief last year 

I'll let those in my league drink this year's WR Kool Aid and then acquire some of those WRs in trades and build a juggernaut team as they become desperate to find an RB starter for their injury-riddled roster, while I have three or four starters sitting on my bench, including some backups they failed to grab for insurance. 

Or I won't trade at all and watch them die on the vine.

I've seen the WR hype come and go for more than 30 years.

WRs win games. RBs win championships.

54 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'll let those in my league drink this year's WR Kool Aid and then acquire some of those WRs in trades and build a juggernaut team as they become desperate to find an RB starter for their injury-riddled roster, while I have three or four starters sitting on my bench, including some backups they failed to grab for insurance. 

Cooper kupp knocked me out on the final game last year

Not in a ppr , if it is a ppr league.  

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Rbs lose champions also.  Balance is the key, rb/wr balance.  

• Like 1

It would be fun to do a league that scores like 5 pts per reception, just so there would be a league in which Henry might not be the overall #1 player.

I'll take Dalvin Cook and Kamara or Kamara and Swift followed with DJ Moore & Dionte Johnson then Gabe Davis and Dameon Pierce, followed by Dak Prescott and Zach Ertz and run away with a championship.  EZ PZ.

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Just a little bunny trail didn't jackson give you grief last year 

I tend to erase awful thoughts like that/him.

I did a Best Ball draft 2 days ago where I went RB, RB, RB.   I got Ekeler, Chubb and Etienne.  On that team my top 3 WR are Diontae Johnson, Brandon Cooks and Elijah Moore!  Not terrible.  Plus, I got Joe Burrow and Trey Lance at QB!    

16 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Yeah, don’t be so sure about that……. Even so, the running backs I have would blow their team away single-handedly.

Last draft of the year coming up this weekend.... 12 team ppr, start 3 WR, 2 RB and FLX.... standard QB scoring.  

WR/WR to start in this format has yielded some very solid RBs to compliment rds 3-8.  I don't know my draft position yet but there is only a slim chance I go RB/RB to start this format.  

Etienne
Dillion
Zeke
Edmonds
Stevenson

Starting out Devante/Diggs or Chase/Cedee when you only have to start 2 RBs isn't looking too bad at all.  

Edmonds is the guy I'm surprised to keep seeing go so late... pass catching back in a Shanny system, Mostert only competition really now.  Stevenson I seem to end up with on many teams.  If Pats offense can be somewhat still at historical level without MCD at the healm he'll be a steal.  

4 hours ago, Maulers1973 said:

I did a Best Ball draft 2 days ago where I went RB, RB, RB.   I got Ekeler, Chubb and Etienne.  On that team my top 3 WR are Diontae Johnson, Brandon Cooks and Elijah Moore!  Not terrible.  Plus, I got Joe Burrow and Trey Lance at QB!    

But really does a best ball team count, doesn’t matter who you roster they all count.  

I say no.  

2 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Last draft of the year coming up this weekend.... 12 team ppr, start 3 WR, 2 RB and FLX.... standard QB scoring.  

WR/WR to start in this format has yielded some very solid RBs to compliment rds 3-8.  I don't know my draft position yet but there is only a slim chance I go RB/RB to start this format.  

Etienne
Dillion
Zeke
Edmonds
Stevenson

Starting out Devante/Diggs or Chase/Cedee when you only have to start 2 RBs isn't looking too bad at all.  

Edmonds is the guy I'm surprised to keep seeing go so late... pass catching back in a Shanny system, Mostert only competition really now.  Stevenson I seem to end up with on many teams.  If Pats offense can be somewhat still at historical level without MCD at the healm he'll be a steal.  

Agreed

5 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I won last year with a Rb heavy early in draft and go WR after strategy.

Got Kupp in round 6 and Debo in round 8.

I never go WR/WR because of this. It’s a lot easier to find WR 1 production in the later rounds than RB1.

8 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I won last year with a Rb heavy early in draft and go WR after strategy.

Got Kupp in round 6 and Debo in round 8.

Won my auction by putting 53% of my cap on Henry/Ekeler ($106), then landing Chase/Samuel/KAllen/DiJohnson for $8/2/29/15. I don't like the talent options at RB after late round 2 this year nearly as much as the WR choices in the following rounds.

WR finish (.5 PPR) by auction price in our league in 2021:
Tier 1 (WRs 1-8, $40-$62 plus one outlier at $70) - 3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 10th
Tier 2 (WRs 9-16, $25-39) - 9th, 17th, 20th, 21st (rest outside top 25)
Tier 3 (WRs 17-30, $10-23) - 1st, 10th, 16th, 22nd, 24th
Tier 4 and lower (WRs 31 or lower, $9 or less) - 2nd, 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th

Tier 1 were fairly safe, 5 out of 8 in the top 10 with 3 busts. After that, the WR 31 or lower by auction price had as many top 10 and top 25 hits as WR 9-30 combined.

Don’t need to worry about rounds when play in a auction league.  

• Like 1