Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Who will be the biggest bust in 2022?

Non serious injury players of course, Tear an ACL or pop an Achilles is more just bad luck. So who would you nominate? The guy I keep coming back to is Dalvin Cook. I might be a year early on this, but he just seems like a guy who will lose his explosiveness instantly. So who ya got?

jrokh gets my vote.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Non serious injury players of course, Tear an ACL or pop an Achilles is more just bad luck. So who would you nominate? The guy I keep coming back to is Dalvin Cook. I might be a year early on this, but he just seems like a guy who will lose his explosiveness instantly. So who ya got?

I think you are a year early.   possibly 2

Classic viewing is those old J Carson shows, when he has Dolly as a guest, he can’t keep his eyes off her chest.  

• Like 1

I’ll take. Half ppr   

Rb, N Harris he won’t be a rb1 this season. N

Wr.  Kupp/Samuel, neither finish as a wr1 this season, fear the elbow.  

Te, no question it’s going to be M Andrews, he’ll score 50 points less this season than last.  

Qb. T Brady, I think he’s already retired, I just don’t think he’s going to up to par.  

Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think you are a year early.   possibly 2

I guess we’ll see. I wouldn’t touch him at a top 12 ADP.

Dalvin, no.  Barring injury, Vikes will be a high scoring team and he is the feature back. You are trippin.

Bust candidates.....hmmm. Davante Adams will be pedestrian.

Last big name WR that went to the Raiders....how did he do?  Maybe we should ask Randy Moss?

2003 1,600 yards 17 tds. 

skip 04 season (not playing, injured etc)

2005 with the Raiders, 1000yds and 8 tds.  

2007 with Pats, 1,500yds and 23 TDS. 

Next

I do not like Jalen Hurtz.  He is one that I think will be a mess by the end of the year. (Trey Lance gets runner up)

RB

Akers & Dobbins will both be disappointing but the #1 guy I think this year is D. Henry.

Of the top 15, this is a bit of a wild one. I like him, but no man can handle 30 carries a game forever. Last year was the signal that may be the reality. 

I am going to scare you with these numbers, but they are the facts.

D. Henry last 3 games (includes cincy playoff game)

20 att - 62 yds - 1td - no catches (Cincy)

28 att - 68 yds - 0td - no catches and a fumble. (Indy) Before injury.

29 att - 86 yds - 0td - 2 catches 16 yds. (KC)

So you heard it from me first. D. Henry in his last 3 games was HORRIBLE! 77 att for 216 yds (that is 2.8yds a carry!) 1 TD.

23 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

He did throw more TD passes in that game than Mahomes did, tho...

Being the prior owner of the official 2021 Bust Of the Year - Allen Robinson, I feel like I have some idea of this.  First of all, being injured is never a bust because at least you know to bench them. I started Robinson for at least 6 weeks before I finally benched the piece of crap - which was difficult since I spent a 2nd rounder on him. By then, the damage was done. Therefore, it's likely a WR since even bad RBs are guaranteed to touch the ball no matter how inaccurate their QB is.

Therefore, we need to look at the 1st and 2nd round WR's and consider crap QB play (see Robinson). 

Top Candidates:  Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, and Deebo Samuel.

From that list.. I'd pick Deebo. Only one year to bank on, with a QB who has nothing to bank on.

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

Dalvin, no.  Barring injury, Vikes will be a high scoring team and he is the feature back. You are trippin.

Bust candidates.....hmmm. Davante Adams will be pedestrian.

Last big name WR that went to the Raiders....how did he do?  Maybe we should ask Randy Moss?

2003 1,600 yards 17 tds. 

skip 04 season (not playing, injured etc)

2005 with the Raiders, 1000yds and 8 tds.  

2007 with Pats, 1,500yds and 23 TDS. 

Next

I do not like Jalen Hurtz.  He is one that I think will be a mess by the end of the year. (Trey Lance gets runner up)

RB

Akers & Dobbins will both be disappointing but the #1 guy I think this year is D. Henry.

Of the top 15, this is a bit of a wild one. I like him, but no man can handle 30 carries a game forever. Last year was the signal that may be the reality. 

I am going to scare you with these numbers, but they are the facts.

D. Henry last 3 games (includes cincy playoff game)

20 att - 62 yds - 1td - no catches (Cincy)

28 att - 68 yds - 0td - no catches and a fumble. (Indy) Before injury.

So you heard it from me first. D. Henry in his last 3 games was HORRIBLE! 77 att for 216 yds (that is 2.8yds a carry!) 1 TD.

I agree nice post, but one thing about Henry, he was darn good before that KC game, and if I recall that is the game the injury took place. 

• Like 1

Henry wasn’t 100% when he came back. Cook has had too many injuries. Elliott is another. McCaffrey also.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I agree nice post, but one thing about Henry, he was darn good before that KC game, and if I recall that is the game the injury took place. 

Indy game he was hurt in the 1st q and got checked, went back in 5 min later and showed no signs of an injury until after the game. Watch the tape, Indy was dominating the line and Henry was going nowhere. The KC game he sucked and had a fluke td throw because he could not run more than 3 yds. The more I review it, the more I feel like this is a reality.

Titans first 6 games.

Giants, Bills, Colts 2x (ouch), Raiders and skins.  I am looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

I don’t need to watch tape, like I said he missed nine game with a injury he suffered in the KC game, in the Indy it became noticeable that his injury was worst then they thought, he had 28 rush att in that Colts game , so they still thought he was good , and he had 31 touches in the KC game, after missing nine weeks, to bring him back for the Bengals playoff game, told me one thing, he gave the Titans the best chance to win, that’s what the Titans thought, the board here on ff today , thought it was a mistake.  

Like you posted, he was awful those three games, players perform under par when you have a injury that causes one to miss nine games. 

But the first six games he was the best ff player last season,  I say he will be again.  

Thanks for the reply, always appreciate you.  

Christian McCaffery. The injury plaque arrived two years ago.

QB-Tom Brady- Offseason drama, nothing new, but possible marriage problems, with a depleted roster? He may finally look his age...

RB-Alvin Kamara-  The writing is on the wall. His ypc is way down, and his targets are too without Brees. He's gonna finish as a borderline flex play instead of a solid RB1.

WR- AJ Brown- Philly is the graveyard for WRs. Be it free agents or draft picks, Philly WRs just can't get it done.

17 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Being the prior owner of the official 2021 Bust Of the Year - Allen Robinson, I feel like I have some idea of this.  First of all, being injured is never a bust because at least you know to bench them. I started Robinson for at least 6 weeks before I finally benched the piece of crap - which was difficult since I spent a 2nd rounder on him. By then, the damage was done. Therefore, it's likely a WR since even bad RBs are guaranteed to touch the ball no matter how inaccurate their QB is.

Therefore, we need to look at the 1st and 2nd round WR's and consider crap QB play (see Robinson). 

Top Candidates:  Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, and Deebo Samuel.

From that list.. I'd pick Deebo. Only one year to bank on, with a QB who has nothing to bank on.

I agree, people are way too high on him. 

Dak is another one that comes to mind. 

Ekeler….came out publicly requesting fewer touches.  Finished outside the top 10 in every format.

4 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Ekeler….came out publicly requesting fewer touches.  Finished outside the top 10 in every format.

Winner. 

4 hours ago, makindollaz said:

The 2 guys I just don’t like as top 25 picks in a lot of drafts are Tyreek Hill & James Conner.

And Waddle, who’s current adp is late very late 4th round. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

And Waddle, who’s current adp is late very late 4th round. 

I actually like Waddle better there than Hill in the 2nd.  At least Waddle put up a decent rookie year with subpar QB play already.  How much of Hill was Mahomes, and how will he look with Tua trying to throw a deep route?

Biggest busts per position........

QB - Matthew Stafford.....turns out elbow injuries don't get better as the season goes in the NFL.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott.....Zeke is going to throw out his shoulder the first time he goes to "eat". 

WR - Deebo Samuel.....You want to run less? Let me introduce you to Trey Lance.

TE - Adam Trautman.....Any player on the Saints has a 50/50 chance of suffering from a season ending crab leg heist. Plus, if Taysom Hill could throw to himself, he would.

23 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

I actually like Waddle better there than Hill in the 2nd.  At least Waddle put up a decent rookie year with subpar QB play already.  How much of Hill was Mahomes, and how will he look with Tua trying to throw a deep route?

I agree that Hill probably won’t produce the numbers to justify his ADP, but I think the reasoning is flawed.  Mahomes didn’t make Hill fast, and great after the catch.  I think Hill will suffer from Tua’s inability to make the throws and sustain drives, reducing Hill’s opportunities to do what he does.

40 minutes ago, LaChup said:

Biggest busts per position........

QB - Matthew Stafford.....turns out elbow injuries don't get better as the season goes in the NFL.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott.....Zeke is going to throw out his shoulder the first time he goes to "eat". 

WR - Deebo Samuel.....You want to run less? Let me introduce you to Trey Lance.

TE - Adam Trautman.....Any player on the Saints has a 50/50 chance of suffering from a season ending crab leg heist. Plus, if Taysom Hill could throw to himself, he would.

No issue with the first 3, but I don’t know anyone drafting Trautman as a starting TE.  I don’t like where Andrews is going right now…he regresses at all and he’s not worth a 2nd/3rd round pick IMO.

2 hours ago, makindollaz said:

No issue with the first 3, but I don’t know anyone drafting Trautman as a starting TE.  I don’t like where Andrews is going right now…he regresses at all and he’s not worth a 2nd/3rd round pick IMO.

I kind of feel like Andrews might be the top te at end of year (even though I took the first one off our Board and went kelce).  Losing Hollywood and knowing Lamar throws less accurate deep than Tua, I think Andrews gets a lot of focus on this offense. 

6 hours ago, LaChup said:

TE - Adam Trautman

I think there's a requirement that you actually have to be on at least one fantasy roster in the world before you can officially be a "bust."

10 hours ago, makindollaz said:

Waddle still is playing with that same subpar Qb, but now he’s #2wr.  I don’t see him marching his current Adp, just like Hill. 

Tyreek is too fast for Tua. If Waddle just runs the same route as Tyreek, but lags back about 10 yards, he could be money.

15 minutes ago, jeffkomlo said:

Biggest bust, easy ....AxeElf

You shouldn't have drafted Axe Elf before the 5th round.

I don't think there will be any busts this year.  I expect the projections will finally be right this year.

2 hours ago, LaChup said:

Tyreek is too fast for Tua. If Waddle just runs the same route as Tyreek, but lags back about 10 yards, he could be money.

Lol. 

18 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Justin Fields will get benched 

LOL, no way will they bench him or this staff will be one and done.