Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Who will be the biggest bust in 2022?

12 minutes ago, Da_Bears said:

LOL, no way will they bench him or this staff will be one and done.

He sucks the boobirds will be out at soldier field when that earring wearing pickel puffer midget keeps getting picked off he sucks 

I'll catch some flack for this, but I think Swift will underperform. I worry about game script for him and could see this offense stalling frequently. 

Same take on Penny, but even more so, as he isn't the most talented back in Seattle IMO.

22 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

He sucks the boobirds will be out at soldier field when that earring wearing pickel puffer midget keeps getting picked off he sucks 

Yes, because he is the only black guy in the league wearing an earring.... bling bling.  

I had to google pickel puffer....guess I'm getting old.  Didn't know wearing an earring made you full homo. 

Please tell us your thoughts on Kyler Murray.  Thanks.  

26 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Kelce is a white dude with TWO earrings...... dude pulls some fine tail.  What's your nickname for TK ?? 

I like kyler,and kelce if your gonna wear some bling you should back it up ...(he cant)

Outside of injury it is easily Zeke!  He got there with volume the last 2 years, but his efficiency is garbage these days, and I think Pollard will start to get more opportunities!!   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

Outside of injury it is easily Zeke!  He got there with volume the last 2 years, but his efficiency is garbage these days, and I think Pollard will start to get more opportunities!!   

hard to be a bust when the expectations are not that high to begin with.

Zeke is being drafted as a RB2.   

Not saying it cant happen, but its less likely to happen.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

Pollard sucks to..my buddy's dad is a die hard cowboy fan and last year word was he has to go...agreed 👍 

First six games last season, before he had his nagging injury, the Zeke was avg 17 per game , right on pace with 2019 half ppr, I think that’s pretty good.  

He’s going to be a very good rb2.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Jonathan Taylor.

Hear me out.  415 touches last season and the dreaded consensus #1 overall pick.  

And? I’m hearing you out, but you’re not really saying much.  

Rams skill players. I am not buying the claim that Stafford has no limitations.

1 minute ago, DrG said:

Rams skill players. I am not buying the claim that Stafford has no limitations.

Agreed.  Beware of the elbow. 

23 hours ago, weepaws said:

First six games last season, before he had his nagging injury, the Zeke was avg 17 per game , right on pace with 2019 half ppr, I think that’s pretty good.  

He’s going to be a very good rb2.  

Pollard the better player at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DrG said:

Pollard the better player at this point.

No. Pollard was the better player when The Zeke was going through his injury. 

My only hope with Robinson is- it took a little bit for Stafford to develop chemistry with OBJ last year and with him missing the summer mostly...it is a work in progress yet. 

Frankly, I don't see how Allen Robinson or Cam Akers can be seen as a "biggest bust!"   They both suck!  I mean, Akers was decent before the injury, but since he has looked slow as molasses!  Robinson has done NOTHING outside of 2020!   For anyone that drafted those players with high expectations, your powers of observation are severely lacking!!!    

So outside of 2020, that would mean 2021.  

I think he played one game with his new Qb , once they get a little bit more time playing together, Robinson will be a wr3.  

But I still think that elbow is going to be a problem, so there might not be a lot of practice time for the two of them to work on their chemistry in between games.   

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So outside of 2020, that would mean 2021.  

I think he played one game with his new Qb , once they get a little bit more time playing together, Robinson will be a wr3.  

But I still think that elbow is going to be a problem, so there might not be a lot of practice time for the two of them to work on their chemistry in between games.   

Blah blah blah his elbow is fine

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

Blah blah blah his elbow is fine

See the source image

Akers was a good call.  I was skeptical enough of him to avoid drafting him in any leagues, but not enough to axually commit to drafting Henderson, either.  So to those who did, congrats, it appears you chose wisely.

Robinson I'm not so worried about.  I already kind of saw him as someone who would tend toward boom or bust--he's likely to get loose deep once or twice a game, but if he doesn't, then he's probably not going to have a big game on volume alone--that's Kupp's bailiwick.  And even if he just catches that final target in the end zone last night, he comes away from the game with 10.8 points, which isn't great, but would be acceptable for a game with 2 catches.

He'll have his games, but he may be even more matchup dependent than I had hoped.

did madden curse anyone this year?

Carters run has the rb1 on the Jets could change at half time week one, I’m not surprised that he has the rb1 label, doesn’t really mean much, both of them will play , Hall is the better player and the more he learns the more playing time he’ll get , reducing Carter into the back up every once in while third down back, Hall is a three down back, but the jets are now down another oline player, tough season for the Jets. N

if you drafted the Ravens def congrats for week one imo.  

2 hours ago, taco breath said:

did madden curse anyone this year?

They put John Madden on the cover...guess you can't curse a corpse?

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Akers was a good call.  I was skeptical enough of him to avoid drafting him in any leagues, but not enough to axually commit to drafting Henderson, either.  So to those who did, congrats, it appears you chose wisely.

Robinson I'm not so worried about.  I already kind of saw him as someone who would tend toward boom or bust--he's likely to get loose deep once or twice a game, but if he doesn't, then he's probably not going to have a big game on volume alone--that's Kupp's bailiwick.  And even if he just catches that final target in the end zone last night, he comes away from the game with 10.8 points, which isn't great, but would be acceptable for a game with 2 catches.

He'll have his games, but he may be even more matchup dependent than I had hoped.

Saw this on another forum:

Per Statcast: #Rams receiver Allen Robinson averaged 3.4 yards of separation in pass routes tonight. League average is 1.6 yards.

So apparently it's just a case of Staff and Cupp being lovers and only having eyes for each other

14 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Per Statcast: #Rams receiver Allen Robinson averaged 3.4 yards of separation in pass routes tonight. League average is 1.6 yards.

That's encouraging too.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:01 AM, jrokh said:

Non serious injury players of course, Tear an ACL or pop an Achilles is more just bad luck. So who would you nominate? The guy I keep coming back to is Dalvin Cook. I might be a year early on this, but he just seems like a guy who will lose his explosiveness instantly. So who ya got?

Joe Burrow, Cincy was simply on a roll last year and will come back down to earth this year.

Still going with N Harris. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:36 PM, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Mahomes… he’s a has been without Tyreek.  

good call.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, Gratefulegg1973 said:

So apparently it's just a case of Staff and Cupp being lovers and only having eyes for each other

possible.

and maybe he just hasnt had enough time to get on the same page as Arob.

3.4 yards of separation is solid.   

maybe the issue is hes not running the routes the way he's supposed to.   or Stafford just isnt looking for him.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:05 PM, GobbleDog said:

Being the prior owner of the official 2021 Bust Of the Year - Allen Robinson, I feel like I have some idea of this... we need to look at the 1st and 2nd round WR's and consider crap QB play (see Robinson). 

Top Candidates:  Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, and Deebo Samuel.

From that list.. I'd pick Deebo. Only one year to bank on, with a QB who has nothing to bank on.

If I'd known Dak would be out for 8 weeks, I would've added Ceedee Lamb to the list. He's now got a very good shot at bust of the year.

As for Akers and Robinson... late 3rd and 4th rounders don't count.