Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Who will be the biggest bust in 2022?

So.....

We can make the case that Taylor, CMAC, Henry, Ekeler, Cook, Kamara, etc;  essentially every 1st rd RB have been busts.  

Cupp and JJ have been good/great, but Chase has sucked.

So tell me again why the top QBs shouldn't go in the first rd of drafts??   

1 hour ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

So.....

We can make the case that Taylor, CMAC, Henry, Ekeler, Cook, Kamara, etc;  essentially every 1st rd RB have been busts.  

Cupp and JJ have been good/great, but Chase has sucked.

So tell me again why the top QBs shouldn't go in the first rd of drafts??   

Good thing I went ZERO RB again this year.  Pretty much been my strategy every year for the last 5 years.

5 of the top 12 QBs right now based on avg are double digit round qbs, so I think biggest question like it is with all positions who are the top qbs.  

Luck as so much to do with ff.  

Jefferson has been non existent last two games, he now joins the list with N Harris.  

Oh did you see all those ff points Henry had today, even with Hilliard back, it’s been a glorious day.  

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Jefferson has been non existent last two games, he now joins the list with N Harris.  

Oh did you see all those ff points Henry had today, even with Hilliard back, it’s been a glorious day.  

Thanks. 

That "stud" justy jefferson really needs to be benched in ALL formats, just another case of ghetto boy getting the HUGE paycheck and getting lazy-to heLL with him, what a slacker.

I thought when they picked up Mayfield Moore would be in line for another sold season  he usually has.  

N Harris = 7 points non ppr, 7 points half ppr, 7 points ppr. 

Remember coming into  the season how yours truly said Henry will be ff number one rb. 

Oh boy   

If you had picked Chubb, that would have been something. But you didn't so back of the class you will stay...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

If you had picked Chubb, that would have been something. But you didn't so back of the class you will stay...

Chubb & Henry are my rb's but hurting at wr...terry McLaurin is killing me...may have to start pan handling my rb's for a wr trade 🤔 

On 9/27/2022 at 12:55 PM, weepaws said:

I thought when they picked up Mayfield Moore would be in line for another sold season  he usually has.  

Same. I wanted Moore, but unfortunately/fortunately didn't get him. I'm stunned at the lack of production. His stats were through the roof with much worse QBs. Seemed his floor couldn't possibly be only lower, with a potential top 5, or at least top 10 ceiling. 

Apparently, his floor was a lot lower than I imagined. Still don't understand why and keep expecting a breakout any week. Mayfield... seemed like an upgrade at the time.?.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:07 AM, jrokh said:

I drafted Najee in the 2nd round at pick 15. What would he need to finish as to avoid being a bust for me? I don't have the weepaws 'special needs' conversion chart so I would appreciate your 'expertise'.

Thanks.

Tried to help you before the season started.  Oh man those seven points must have hurt today. 

Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Same. I wanted Moore, but unfortunately/fortunately didn't get him. I'm stunned at the lack of production. His stats were through the roof with much worse QBs. Seemed his floor couldn't possibly be only lower, with a potential top 5, or at least top 10 ceiling. 

Apparently, his floor was a lot lower than I imagined. Still don't understand why and keep expecting a breakout any week. Mayfield... seemed like an upgrade at the time.?.

Nothing changed today.  

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Tried to help you before the season started.  Oh man those seven points must have hurt today. 

Thanks. 

Nope. Still outscored guys like Jonathan Taylor and James Robinson. Thanks to the Hoch, didn't hurt me at all. Your concern is touching...

42 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nope. Still outscored guys like Jonathan Taylor and James Robinson. Thanks to the Hoch, didn't hurt me at all. Your concern is touching...

Hurt you a lot. 

hardcoretroubador(?)-WIERD/QUEER name, who IS an alias to someone (utily99) WE ALL know that got kicked off this site for homosexual tendencies/inquiries...ie, trying to pick up on men on here.

On 9/5/2022 at 2:45 PM, Da_Bears said:

LOL, no way will they bench him or this staff will be one and done.

How feeling about fields now? 0 td's last 2 games ...sacked 20 times...hello Mr George how much you pay the new guy? No he no good operator...to much money 

After 4 weeks, I'd nominate the following currently leading the Bust of the Year award:

1) J Taylor - (22nd ppr) - Not the worst ranking among RBs, but for the 1st overall pick... ouch.

2) N Harris (26th ppr) - few receptions and just one TD is pretty bad for 1st round capital.

3) D Cook (25th ppr) - see Harris.

4) A Kamara (61st ppr) - gets a pass for missing two games, but the two he played in were incredibly bad.

5) D Samuel (45th ppr among WRs) - plays 4th game tonight and big stats would take him off this list. A bad game would entrench him.

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

N Harris = 7 points non ppr, 7 points half ppr, 7 points ppr. 

Remember coming into  the season how yours truly said Henry will be ff number one rb. 

Oh boy   

And Henry is 7th...

Oh boy.

4 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

After 4 weeks, I'd nominate the following currently leading the Bust of the Year award:

1) J Taylor - (22nd ppr) - Not the worst ranking among RBs, but for the 1st overall pick... ouch.

2) N Harris (26th ppr) - few receptions and just one TD is pretty bad for 1st round capital.

3) D Cook (25th ppr) - see Harris.

4) A Kamara (61st ppr) - gets a pass for missing two games, but the two he played in were incredibly bad.

5) D Samuel (45th ppr among WRs) - plays 4th game tonight and big stats would take him off this list. A bad game would entrench him.

If you at Samuel 2019- 2020 seasons based on avg per game half ppr, he’s right on pace with those two seasons, I think last season could have been his career year imo.  

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If you at Samuel 2019- 2020 seasons based on avg per game half ppr, he’s right on pace with those two seasons, I think last season could have been his career year imo.  

well, we all agreed the odds of him repeating what he did last year was slim.

Hes still a good WR.  just not to the level he was being drafted at.

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

And Henry is 7th...

7th isnt bad.

sample size is still small for him.  If he was 20th I'd have more concerns because the amount of ground needed to make up that defecit is huge.

but for Henry.... one good game and he will likely be top 3 or 4 again.

I said he was no longer the #1 RB in the NFL but likely still a RB1.   for now, thats how its looking but things can still change.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, we all agreed the odds of him repeating what he did last year was slim.

Hes still a good WR.  just not to the level he was being drafted at.

I think his normal level was more of what  he was in 2019-2020.  

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

And Henry is 7th...

Oh boy.

7th and rising , he’s also a rb1. Where does N Harris sit today half ppr? Please respond. 

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

7th isnt bad.

sample size is still small for him.  If he was 20th I'd have more concerns because the amount of ground needed to make up that defecit is huge.

but for Henry.... one good game and he will likely be top 3 or 4 again.

I said he was no longer the #1 RB in the NFL but likely still a RB1.   for now, thats how its looking but things can still change.

weepaws didn't say an RB1....he said "the number one RB in FF"

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

7th and rising , he’s also a rb1. Where does N Harris sit today half ppr? Please respond. 

Lower.

Season is 17 games long.

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Lower.

Season is 17 games long.

We agree. So still plenty of time for mr Henry to reach the top.  And much lower would be the correct answer for mr N Harris. 

Thanks for playing. 

8 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

How feeling about fields now? 0 td's last 2 games ...sacked 20 times...hello Mr George how much you pay the new guy? No he no good operator...to much money 

The same as before.  Until they get an offensive line that can protect any of our current or prior 1st round QB selections, and a true number 1 WR, this is what we will face.  Mooney has potential to be a 1, but we still need WR help.  Hopefully, once N’Keal Harry is off IR he can be that #2 to help both Mooney and Fields.  Back to the o-line, they have to stop filling our line with other teams cast offs and draft the protection he needs.  You don’t build a house by starting on the roof.  You need the foundation 1st, and that is our offense and defensive lines.

mooney was billed as wr2/3 and sits as wr99.

Cam Akers (or Travis Etienne, or Darnell Mooney)

I might have already said this in this thread.

They're only busts because of their ADP.  They're doing exactly what I expected though, so not busts.   

On 10/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, Gepetto said:

Cam Akers (or Travis Etienne, or Darnell Mooney)

I might have already said this in this thread.

They're only busts because of their ADP.  They're doing exactly what I expected though, so not busts.   

I liked Etienne in PPR formats, as I had hoped he and Kirk would be the biggest beneficiaries of garbage time... that said, the Jags have looked really efficient, and played very well to start the year. I will admit that I completely misread this team and falsely presumed 2nd half usage. 

2 hours ago, rallo said:

I liked Etienne in PPR formats, as I had hoped he and Kirk would be the biggest beneficiaries of garbage time... that said, the Jags have looked really efficient, and played very well to start the year. I will admit that I completely misread this team and falsely presumed 2nd half usage. 

I have Etienne on my team since someone dropped him and I was able to make the room.

The 2 biggest busts were my 1st 2 picks.  Jonathan Taylor and Alvin Kamara.  My season was over before it began.  Kind of hard to come back from that.

6 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I have Etienne on my team since someone dropped him and I was able to make the room.

That is an aggressive drop. 

I acquired Ekeler for Montgomery, Tannehill, Curtis Samuel. Made the move after week 3. Week 4: 3 TDs.

Some people jump to conclusions way too early. I’d never sell my top picks so early in the season.

B-O-Y HAS to be Mikey Pittman, what a lazy, dis-intersted, underperforming POS he has been-EFF HIM. He'll be on my bench from here on out.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, Da_Bears said:

The same as before.  Until they get an offensive line that can protect any of our current or prior 1st round QB selections, and a true number 1 WR, this is what we will face.  Mooney has potential to be a 1, but we still need WR help.  Hopefully, once N’Keal Harry is off IR he can be that #2 to help both Mooney and Fields.  Back to the o-line, they have to stop filling our line with other teams cast offs and draft the protection he needs.  You don’t build a house by starting on the roof.  You need the foundation 1st, and that is our offense and defensive lines.

Wishful thinking I have yet to see him throw a good ball...reality is fields is not good