Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***The Patriots Thread***

I haven’t had a favorite football team since 1995 when the Cleveland Browns decided they wanted to wear purple jerseys and put a bird on their hats. It was shortly after that I discovered sports wagering and soon decided I didn’t need a favorite team to invest time and emotion into. However, earlier this week, I shook E-hands with edjr on a bet that involves me paying him $25 for each Patriots loss and he pays me $25 for each win. 

At the end of the day, I don’t give a flying Fock about the Patriots, but this year I am invested. I hate Bill Belichick and still want to piss in his face for cutting Bernie Kosar.  he is a genius and that can’t not be denied. I believe he could coach an NBA team to the playoffs and because of that, I agreed to the bet. 

in this thread, we talk about my temporary favorite team for one season, and one season only. 

There are some really interesting teams. Especially in the AFC. The patriots aren’t one of them.  

Maybe they get 50mph winds and 15 degree temperatures for several games this year and go on a run.

Marcus Cannon signed to the practice squad. :thumbsup:

the Browns are the most horrific franchise in all of pro sports.  They are horrible in every way.  Their fans deserve nothing but despair, agony and frustration for sticking with this POS Team. 

:(

On 9/9/2022 at 9:19 AM, [echo] said:

the Browns are the most horrific franchise in all of pro sports.  They are horrible in every way.  Their fans deserve nothing but despair, agony and frustration for sticking with this POS Team. 

Eat a Chubb

+ $25 :headbanger: 

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This thread aged well...

We are just getting started. We have 17 more weeks to go. 

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:59 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

I'm guessing 10 wins for them or maybe less.

I am guessing 10 losses minimum 

Good matchup today vs Pittsburgh. No TJ Watts and a Trubisky led dumpster fire of an offense. I’m predicting a 23- 16 Patriots win. 

On 9/3/2022 at 9:57 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

why do the Patriots need a thread?

Hope, faith, and Belechick

Loving the QB duel between Mac Jones and Mitch Trubisky today… 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Not that long and Ben wasn't around till 2004.

I thought I saw that graphic on FOX pregame. Still a long time. 

:headbanger:Back to EVEN 

The defense looked very nice yesterday. I expect a similar performance next week against Jamal Jackson and the Ravens. 

I think a 2-1 start is almost guaranteed. 

20 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Not that long and Ben wasn't around till 2004.

He said Brady or Ben. And Brady was on the Pats in 2000. So it’s close. 22 seasons. 

On 9/2/2022 at 5:37 PM, bostonlager said:

I haven’t had a favorite football team since 1995 when the Cleveland Browns decided they wanted to wear purple jerseys and put a bird on their hats. It was shortly after that I discovered sports wagering and soon decided I didn’t need a favorite team to invest time and emotion into. However, earlier this week, I shook E-hands with edjr on a bet that involves me paying him $25 for each Patriots loss and he pays me $25 for each win. 

At the end of the day, I don’t give a flying Fock about the Patriots, but this year I am invested. I hate Bill Belichick and still want to piss in his face for cutting Bernie Kosar.  he is a genius and that can’t not be denied. I believe he could coach an NBA team to the playoffs and because of that, I agreed to the bet. 

in this thread, we talk about my temporary favorite team for one season, and one season only. 

technically the ravens put a lovely "B" with wings on their hats until they got sued for copyright infringement.

They are in big trouble, Mac Jones is trending the wrong way. Chad Pennington with less of an arm

22 hours ago, bostonlager said:

The defense looked very nice yesterday. I expect a similar performance next week against Jamal Jackson and the Ravens. 

I think a 2-1 start is almost guaranteed. 

:o

$25 and I'll take the Ravens - 2.5  ( so that will be $50 total) 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

:o

$25 and I'll take the Ravens - 2.5  ( so that will be $50 total) 

I'm confident, but well aware of Belichick's track record vs running QBs. I'll pass on any extra action this week. 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I'm confident, but well aware of Belichick's track record vs running QBs. I'll pass on any extra action this week. 

That was fast. 

8 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

More like BB's record of QB's with a pulse the last 3 years. Trubsucksi had none

Every book I see has it New England +3. Ed was even trying to cheat me out of a half point :angry:

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Every book I see has it New England +3. Ed was even trying to cheat me out of a half point :angry:

:first:   in fairness to me. You said you were confident the Patriot would win. Sounds like it should have been a pick em

Gameday bump :banana:

31 to 10