browndelivers

SF RB

We know the SF running back position has value.

We know Mitchell has a decent shot of being injured like last year.

We know SF got rid of Sermon, TDP is a rookie, and they are treating Wilson like the clear #2. https://theathletic.com/3562476/2022/09/03/49ers-trey-lance-running-backs/

Is there any reason why Wilson isn't being drafted in a lot of leagues?

Probly for the same reason there's no stampede to roster Mike Davis, another backup RB behind an oft-injured starter and a running QB.

Yes, because he will be this year's waiver wire pick-up to ride to the promise land. Another "Marcell Shipp" if you will.

Jeff Wilson isn't exciting enough.  Drafting sermon and Davis-Price allows people to dream of hitting the fantasy football lottery.  We all know Jeff Wilson will come in and be a nice runningbacks 2 until he gets hurt too.  I don't even know why anyone not in dynasty was even drafting Sermon or Davis-Price at all.

T Davis- Price.  

Welcome.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GEUH said:

two words: jordan mason

On board with that...he runs hard with good bursts,cuts, & vision he will look even better with the starting o-line 

45 minutes ago, GEUH said:

People who are looking past Jeff Wilson to Davis-Price would be wise to familiarize themselves with Mr. Mason.

Based on the replies, they should answer why people are staying away from these RBs.  Had them before, and at one time, I had rostered 3 SF RBs waiting for SF to show some clarity. Played that roulette wheel before and want no part of it again.  

25 minutes ago, Da_Bears said:

Based on the replies, they should answer why people are staying away from these RBs.  Had them before, and at one time, I had rostered 3 SF RBs waiting for SF to show some clarity. Played that roulette wheel before and want no part of it again.  

It's like looking at 3 girls at the bar 2 are doable but that one is fire 🔥 

J Mason is going to play, all of them will play, it’s very possible like Mitchel last season that it’s Mason that comes out on top. 

Wilson isn’t going to hold of Davis-Price and or Mason long, Mitchel he’ll be out week one by half time.  

If you have bench depth for a rb 6 Davis-Price , Mason should be on it.  

I like Davis- Price to be their guy buy week six.  

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Da_Bears said:

Nice.  

Mitchell outperformed last year compared to rankings so he’s being slept on. My main concern is the hammy he tweaked in preseason

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

J Mason is going to play, all of them will play, it’s very possible like Mitchel last season that it’s Mason that comes out on top. 

Wilson isn’t going to hold of Davis-Price and or Mason long, Mitchel he’ll be out week one by half time.  

If you have bench depth for a rb 6 Davis-Price , Mason should be on it.  

I like Davis- Price to be their guy buy week six.  

Thanks. 

Jeff Wilson is a top 15 back when he's healthy.  The problem is he's never healthy.

No not really, he had 13 or more touches in 4 games last season , he was in the top 15 once.  Besides his inability to stay healthy, I think he takes a back seat to the others as this season rolls along.  

10 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's a Shanahan running back offense. He won't just commit to one person and will use a heavy rotation. 

Add to deciding which RB will perform that week, you then have to worry about Deebo Samuel stealing rushing yards and TDS, as well as Trey Lance at goal line.

I "want" a piece of this backfield, but I don't.  Qb questions, potential 3 headed monster.... tough D in the division. I decided to ignore it and take a flyer with LV Z White. Although I can't deny the potential in the SF backfield.

56 minutes ago, Da_Bears said:

Add to deciding which RB will perform that week, you then have to worry about Deebo Samuel stealing rushing yards and TDS, as well as Trey Lance at goal line.

Exactly. RBs are almost the complete opposite of WRs. With RBs you want that clear cut role for your backfield guy- either the bellcow, or the clear third down guy, or the clear goal line guy- because depending on the league size they fill very discernible roles for a fantasy team. With SF you don't exactly know who is who. Atlanta will be a smaller version of this problem this year. 

At WR you almost just want a piece of a good offense. Late in a few drafts I saw MVS sitting there and I just thought "Have to get in on that KC passing game somehow." Not sure what MVS gives per se but for a team that will have like 28-30 completions a game- he is getting a few bites at that apple. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Exactly. RBs are almost the complete opposite of WRs. With RBs you want that clear cut role for your backfield guy- either the bellcow, or the clear third down guy, or the clear goal line guy- because depending on the league size they fill very discernible roles for a fantasy team. With SF you don't exactly know who is who. Atlanta will be a smaller version of this problem this year. 

At WR you almost just want a piece of a good offense. Late in a few drafts I saw MVS sitting there and I just thought "Have to get in on that KC passing game somehow." Not sure what MVS gives per se but for a team that will have like 28-30 completions a game- he is getting a few bites at that apple. 

After a few weeks we will know that's why we're here to get a head start

8 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

After a few weeks we will know that's why we're here to get a head start

For a place like SF- you won't know. Atlanta (and some other places) probably switch a few weeks in. 

With a young qb and new o line faces the 49ers are going to run a lot - Price and Mason are both over 220 lbs. Jeff Wilson is competent in all facets and the clear #2.

Shanahan rbs run a lot inside and take big hits. If you have Mitchell Wilson is your handcuff there.

Until both Mitchel and Wilson get hurt, which won’t take long.  

T Davis-Price.  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 2:07 PM, GEUH said:

I took a late round flyer on Mason.  He looked great in preseason.   In many ways they let Sherman go for him.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:32 AM, weepaws said:

Until both Mitchel and Wilson get hurt, which won’t take long.  

T Davis-Price.  

No burst.  Go with Mason.

• Like 1

With Kittle hurt now, you will see them run more 2 TE sets. McGlinchey is better at run blocking and Burford, a converted tackle now at guard is getting camp raves about his athleticism. Lance has a big play arm vs a touch pass arm. They will play to their strengths.

55 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

No burst.  Go with Mason.

He’s differently a play maker.  

Deebo complained about rb play overuse. They’ll limit it early in the season

56 minutes ago, Chickie said:

Never mind Wilson or the two rookies but how much does Debo cut into Mitchell’s work load?

None.

Than he was paid, and said heck yeah I’ll play rb.  

I’m sure he gets less rb work early, and not because of his want, but because for the team that would be a good move. B

21 hours ago, Chickie said:

Never mind Wilson or the two rookies but how much does Debo cut into Mitchell’s work load?

They had to use Deebo at runningback last year because of cluster injuries at the position.  He won't cut into Eli's workload if Eli is healthy.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:57 AM, Sean Mooney said:

It's a Shanahan running back offense. He won't just commit to one person and will use a heavy rotation. 

This is a false narrative!  Shannahan runs with one lead back when that back is healthy!  He only goes to the bench when injury forces him to.  The number 2 guy will be the lead back until his #1 is healthy or that guys goes down.  I like Mitchell this year, but is he injury prone?  He might be, but when healthy he is going to be the lead back!   

I agree, Shannahan does like the one back approach, T Davis - Price just needs to stay ready, Mitchell should be out by half time. 

Deebo just trucked a safety to get in the end zone.  I guess he's the 49er runningbacks to invest in.

Right before half,  T Davis-Price five weeks early.