Sign in to follow this  
Meatscarf

Atl Rb’s

Both will have equal mediocrity 

I think Patterson is the guy you want.  I wouldn't be surprised if he loses goal line work to Allergies, but Patterson will be the most productive back.

I think there's an off chance that Allegier plays well and is the workhorse RB at some point, in which case he would be the one to own. That's a big risk, not likely. It's just as likely that he struggles to adjust to the NFL speed and has little fantasy value.

Patterson on the other hand is NFL proven. He's not the typical RB, so there's some concern there, but he was a RB1 last season. Even if he loses some touches to Allegier or anyone else, he's still one of the more explosive players in the NFL. Atlanta isn't exactly bustling with playmakers. They're gonna get him the ball somehow.

Looking at the Falcons roster on footballguys, they do have D Williams also , he might factor in early if they don’t think Allegier is ready.  

But right now Patterson and Pitts are the only two players on that team worthy of a roster spot.  

Patterson and Williams will probably be largely splitting the backfield duties, with Allgeier sprinkled in.

Patterson was a top 10 PPR RB last year, but he kind of wore down toward the end of the season, so it wouldn't surprise me if they lean more on the MVP runner-up of Super Bowl LIV to help keep Patterson fresh.

Allgeier hasn't made a case for being anything more than situational relief to this point.

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Patterson and Williams will probably be largely splitting the backfield duties, with Allgeier sprinkled in.

Patterson was a top 10 PPR RB last year, but he kind of wore down toward the end of the season, so it wouldn't surprise me if they lean more on the MVP runner-up of Super Bowl LIV to help keep Patterson fresh.

Allgeier hasn't made a case for being anything more than situational relief to this point.

Damien Williams has missed at least 5 games 3 of the last 4 years. Now he’s 30. He’ll be out by October. Algieier will lead the Falcons in Carries by Season’s end…

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Damien Williams has missed at least 5 games 3 of the last 4 years.

All you people banking on your ability to predict injuries are so cute.

He opted out of 2020 due to COVID; it's not like he got hurt that season.

In 2019 he had a hamstring strain in camp, a knee bruise and a chest bruise during the regular season, and was still the MVP Runner-Up of Super Bowl LIV.

In 2021 he had a thigh bruise and a knee strain.

All these injuries seem well within the normal tolerance for a RB.  Dalvin Cook has a much spottier history, and he's going in Round 1.  Williams is much cheaper as a last-round flyer.

Even if Allegier starts eating into the backfield more- Patterson will most likely be used as a swiss-army-knife type weapon. Could see some 2 RB formations with Patterson going out on pass patterns. Could see him lined in the slot at times. And of course he will get full carries. Williams will steal some third down work from either guy. Tough position, and tough team to target. Best to stick to Patterson for now but be ready to get waiver wire happy for one later on. 

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

All these injuries seem well within the normal tolerance for a RB. 

Not when said RB is 30 years old. Then those injuries seem like a predictable pattern. He should still be good for you for 3 or 4 weeks, so enjoy...

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Not when said RB is 30 years old. Then those injuries seem like a predictable pattern. He should still be good for you for 3 or 4 weeks, so enjoy...

Did you account for the year he sat out, and the year he sat on the bench behind Montgomery?

In NFL Years, he's more like 28.

And hopefully, I won't need him for ANY weeks (though I especially hope none of my starters go down in the first 3 or 4 weeks), but the question was which ATL RB(s) were worth rostering.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Even if Allegier starts eating into the backfield more- Patterson will most likely be used as a swiss-army-knife type weapon. Could see some 2 RB formations with Patterson going out on pass patterns. Could see him lined in the slot at times. And of course he will get full carries. Williams will steal some third down work from either guy. Tough position, and tough team to target. Best to stick to Patterson for now but be ready to get waiver wire happy for one later on. 

Agreed, third down work for Williams could always lead to him being worth even more, that usually turns into goal line work. 

Patterson right now is the right choice, once he’s pooped who knows. But I’m voting on D Williams like you said for the short yardage work, not very profitable in ppr leagues. 

I’m a Patterson skeptic due to the league having a year of film now, a running QB not as adept they the air as Ryan and the apparent look of a 3 headed committee.

I think every one is a bit skeptical about Patterson this season, but he’s still at this tims the best option for ff right now imo. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Looking at the Falcons roster on footballguys, they do have D Williams also , he might factor in early if they don’t think Allegier is ready.  

But right now Patterson and Pitts are the only two players on that team worthy of a roster spot.  

cough cough Drake London

scouting report on this guy suggested immediate impact and there has been no hype because he got hurt in the week 1 exhibition game.

I'd suggest he may be worth a roster spot because if the scouting report said immediate impact, hes probably worth rostering for a couple weeks just to see if you are getting the next big thing at WR.

I know the QB is subpar, but I still think hes worth a shot.  especially in your deeper leagues

6 hours ago, Ray_T said:

cough cough Drake London

scouting report on this guy suggested immediate impact and there has been no hype because he got hurt in the week 1 exhibition game.

I'd suggest he may be worth a roster spot because if the scouting report said immediate impact, hes probably worth rostering for a couple weeks just to see if you are getting the next big thing at WR.

I know the QB is subpar, but I still think hes worth a shot.  especially in your deeper leagues

Nope he’s not for me, looks like his adp is around the ninth round, I see to many other WRs in that same adp range or later I would rather have.   So I’ll stick to two players, Patterson and Pitts.  

Thanks. 

Patterson faded badly at the end of last season.  His pass catching numbers vanished after week 9 and he was pretty much a TD dependent plodder from then on.  I don't know if Atl plans on getting back to the way Patterson was being used in the first half of 2021, but I'm with the skeptics at this point. 

I don’t think they will use him as much this season based on his fall off last season.  

But he and Pitts are the only two worth drafting.  

The Falcons coaches are determined just to be around at the end of the season. 

18 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I can see Algeier getting around 200 carries this year. The coaches seem determined to get him involved

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

On 9/5/2022 at 8:22 PM, Ray_T said:

cough cough Drake London

see my new thread on London.   I take it back.

given his skillset(which is good)  I dont think the QB in Atlanta has the ability to take advantage of his best assets.

he will be fine out of the slot but hes nothing more than a reserve WR this season.   He probably deserves to be rostered but hes on the fringe.    Probably a WR5 so if you are in a league starting 3 WR hes a guy you may roster.

Patterson and Pitts only two players on the Falcons worthy of a roster spot, right now.  

On 9/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, AxeElf said:

All you people banking on your ability to predict injuries are so cute.

He opted out of 2020 due to COVID; it's not like he got hurt that season.

In 2019 he had a hamstring strain in camp, a knee bruise and a chest bruise during the regular season, and was still the MVP Runner-Up of Super Bowl LIV.

In 2021 he had a thigh bruise and a knee strain.

All these injuries seem well within the normal tolerance for a RB.  Dalvin Cook has a much spottier history, and he's going in Round 1.  Williams is much cheaper as a last-round flyer.

On 9/5/2022 at 2:40 PM, jrokh said:

Damien Williams has missed at least 5 games 3 of the last 4 years. Now he’s 30. He’ll be out by October. Algieier will lead the Falcons in Carries by Season’s end…

Hate to say I told you so, but....