Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Lori Lightfoot doubts Gov. Abbott’s faith as migrant buses arrive in Chicago:

So awesome. 

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot cast doubt on Gov. Greg Abbott’s Christian faith in remarks denouncing the Texas Republican busing migrants from the southern border up to the Windy City. 

"He professes to be a Christian," Lightfoot said at a press conference on Sunday. "This is not the Christianity and the teachings of the Bible that I know. And I think religious leaders all across the country are standing up and denouncing exactly this."

Lightfoot held a press conference after about 50 more migrants bused from Texas reached Chicago over Labor Day weekend. Abbott has been sending buses of migrants to liberal cities such as Washington, D.C., and New York City since April. 

"President Biden's inaction at our southern border continues putting the lives of Texans — and Americans — at risk and is overwhelming our communities," Abbott said last week when announcing the first buses of migrants reached Chicago. 

Lightfoot has slammed the decision to bus migrants as "racist" and added in her remarks Sunday that the policy was "unpatriotic."

"I think it's decidedly unpatriotic and un-American," she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lori-lightfoot-doubts-gov-abbotts-faith-migrant-buses-arrive-chicago-professes-christian

3 minutes ago, craftsman said:

So awesome. 

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot cast doubt on Gov. Greg Abbott’s Christian faith in remarks denouncing the Texas Republican busing migrants from the southern border up to the Windy City. 

"He professes to be a Christian," Lightfoot said at a press conference on Sunday. "This is not the Christianity and the teachings of the Bible that I know. And I think religious leaders all across the country are standing up and denouncing exactly this."

Lightfoot held a press conference after about 50 more migrants bused from Texas reached Chicago over Labor Day weekend. Abbott has been sending buses of migrants to liberal cities such as Washington, D.C., and New York City since April. 

"President Biden's inaction at our southern border continues putting the lives of Texans — and Americans — at risk and is overwhelming our communities," Abbott said last week when announcing the first buses of migrants reached Chicago. 

Lightfoot has slammed the decision to bus migrants as "racist" and added in her remarks Sunday that the policy was "unpatriotic."

"I think it's decidedly unpatriotic and un-American," she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lori-lightfoot-doubts-gov-abbotts-faith-migrant-buses-arrive-chicago-professes-christian

Racist :lol: 

Unpatriotic :lol: 

Un-American :lol: 

I presume the last two are part of the lib plan started by Biden in his Mussolini speech where they are trying to claim to be the party of patriotism?  Racism, well, when all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

• Like 1

I don’t see how it could be described as “unpatriotic,” but I get the argument for calling it inhumane.  Yes, these people are crossing the border with apparently no plan, but intentionally shipping them to other cities is stepping it up a notch.  I do think it’s smart to get the politicians in those cities to get a sense of what TX is dealing with, but it’s still kinda inhumane.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t see how it could be described as “unpatriotic,” but I get the argument for calling it inhumane.  Yes, these people are crossing the border with apparently no plan, but intentionally shipping them to other cities is stepping it up a notch.  I do think it’s smart to get the politicians in those cities to get a sense of what TX is dealing with, but it’s still kinda inhumane.

Then you take them in. You voted for this crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I may be wrong but I don't think they are just put on buses and shipped off. I think they are asked where they would like to go. Some already have family in these cities or close by.  Even though its the greatest state in the USA not everyone wants to be in Texas.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Inhumane how?  They should get to live in whatever city they choose, or else it's unfair?  Would they be too far from the family they left to make money here and send it back?  :wacko: 

A lot of people don't know this, but when Mary and Joseph arrived in bethlehem? They were immediately bussed to Long Island. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

A lot of people don't know this, but when Mary and Joseph arrived in bethlehem? They were immediately bussed to Long Island. 

Seriously, you couldn't come up with anything better than that? 🤪

Just now, craftsman said:

Seriously, you couldn't come up with anything better than that? 🤪

They could never afford manhattan! 🤨

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Inhumane is mutilating children and you’re ok with that. Pick your battles, freak. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Biden has been shipping these people around the USA in the middle of the night since day one. I never heard you call that inhumane! 

Biden Administration Quietly Flies Illegal Immigrants to New York in Middle of Night: 

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-administration-quietly-flies-illegal-140450591.html

Watch: Biden Flying Illegal Aliens to U.S. Suburbs in ‘Down Low’ Operation
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/27/biden-charters-secret-flights-to-new-york/

Biden sent 70 secret night flights of migrants from border to Florida

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/biden-sent-70-secret-night-flights-of-migrants-from-border-to-florida

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Biden has been shipping these people around the USA in the middle of the night since day one. I never heard you call that inhumane! 

Biden Administration Quietly Flies Illegal Immigrants to New York in Middle of Night: 

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-administration-quietly-flies-illegal-140450591.html

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/27/biden-charters-secret-flights-to-new-york/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/biden-sent-70-secret-night-flights-of-migrants-from-border-to-florida

Yep. We have a winner here. 

These liberal mayors are all about painting a bad picture of conservatives. And nothing else. They are willing to sacrifice our way of living, people's lives, and common decency and a great way of living to gain or keep power. 

And so many of the liberals out there just fall for it hook, line, and sinker. Liberals are really dumb. 

22 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

So Abbott isn’t really a genius, he just stole Biden’s idea?

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No. He's a genius because he is advertising it in the plain of day. And he keeps doing it.  And he keeps exposing the liberal mayors you voted for because they are all going nutso to the press.  :banana:

13 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I bet her husband Gordon would tell her to stf up. 

If she could read his mind...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So you still can’t call Biden’s actions Inhumane.

6 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

So you still can’t call Biden’s actions Inhumane.

Well if he was flying them instead of putting them on a bus, he’s already one step ahead.

But if it’s actually true that these are entirely voluntary (and the people know what they’re signing up for), then no neither would be inhumane 

13 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Lol.  Great post.  Great way to start the day

12 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Don't worry about Tim.  A raging centrist who voted for Trump who can't help himself when it comes to bashing Republicans and defending Biden at every turn.  

He is very complicated.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Lol again.  Did you fall over when you spun around so fast?

20 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well if he was flying them instead of putting them on a bus, he’s already one step ahead.

But if it’s actually true that these are entirely voluntary (and the people know what they’re signing up for), then no neither would be inhumane 

Lol the double down!

Thread got better as I read.  Great posts Tim!

Chi·ca·no

/(t)SHiˈkänō/

noun

US

an American of Mexican origin or descent, especially a man or boy.

"Chicano culture"

I wonder if they really understood what they were agreeing to.

Chicano?  Si, senor.

• Haha 1

I see Tim is doing his usual routine 

17 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Of the 50 bused in, only 35 survived the 3-day weekend. 

:first:

Funny none of them are being sent to Philadelphia.  Now that would be inhumane. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Funny none of them are being sent to Philadelphia.  Now that would be inhumane. 

Didn't the Philly mayor release a video of him dancing when they became a "sanctuary city"?  Or am I thinking of a different mayor? 

22 minutes ago, DonS said:

Didn't the Philly mayor release a video of him dancing when they became a "sanctuary city"?  Or am I thinking of a different mayor? 

That’s the one. What if you had a sanctuary city and no one wanted to come? 

6 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Well, Abbott’s buses were all volunteers who signed documents stating that they volunteered while Biden’s flights were not voluntary. 

Now who is inhumane besides Lori Lightfoot?

On 9/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, TimHauck said:

I think it is humane, I did not fuss when Biden was doing it.  Not going to fuss now.

I see these places as true sanctuaries for these people. 

Of course alternatively we could secure the border if folks think this is all so bad.....   🤔

On 9/5/2022 at 2:39 PM, TimHauck said:

As opposed to keeping them in overcrowded small communities whose resources have been overwhelmed so they can recieve no assistance?    To me it is far better to send them to where they can recieve some assistance, if we insist on allowing them to remain in the country.

• Thanks 1

It's pretty simple. The people who want the border open don't want the illegals themselves in their cities. Because all they desire is the appearance of being humanitarian, not actually to be partaking in the process.    

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

It's pretty simple. The people who want the border open don't want the illegals themselves in their cities. Because all they desire is the appearance of being humanitarian, not actually to be partaking in the process.    

Nothing happening on the border is humanitarian. Thousands have died, almost half of the women have experienced sexual abuse or rape.

Serious question:

All the "sanctuary cities" that I'm aware of are far north away from the Mexican border (Seattle, Philly, Chicago, Boston, Eugene, etc).  What is the closest sanctuary city to Mexico, and are they stepping up and welcoming in illegals? 

16 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Nothing happening on the border is humanitarian. Thousands have died, almost half of the women have experienced sexual abuse or rape.

I wouldn't either. But liberals don't face the truth of the situation. That's why they all refuse to visit the border.