Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Winston vs tannehil as backup qb to hurts

I have hurts as my main qb and he’s in my mind playing every game for me in a 10 team ppr non keeper 4pts pass td. I drafted tannehill like in rd 15 late but as I look at schedules hurts has a week 7 bye. Tannehill play against the colts in tenn and Winston plays at the cardinals which on paper should be a better matchup. Should I just drop Tanny for Winston now to lock him up for week 7 or just wait and see if anyone drops a better qb at some point before then. Guess if that happens I could always drop Winston and worst case he’d play week 7 for me. Most guys in this league which idk why draft two qbs even though they have very viable starters anyway like he guy who drafted Allen in the 3rd drafted Dak later? Why 🤷‍♂️  

You should probly lock up Winston now so that when Minshew replaces Hurts as the Eagles starting QB, you're not left hanging.

In fact, you could lock up Winston now, drop Hurts, and just start Winston every week if you really want to be ahead of the game.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

You should probly lock up Winston now so that when Minshew replaces Hurts as the Eagles starting QB, you're not left hanging.

In fact, you could lock up Winston now, drop Hurts, and just start Winston every week if you really want to be ahead of the game.

Lol ur a funny guy but I like ur input on Winston 

One Qb league , no superflex, one needs one Qb.  

This is the reason why is is so great, the field becomes your number two Qb.  . 

And many times , not always but many times based on injuries or bye weeks, some higher adp qbs get dropped during a season because of need, like in all four of my leagues, you get a automatic lost if have an empty roster spot.

One Qb then stream.  

• Like 1

If you want a steady bus driver QB, who can step in any given week or for a few weeks and reliably give you an average number of points, then pick Tannehill.

If you want a QB with an bigger upside, but also bigger downside take Winston.

I would take Winston. He may throw 30 picks this season but that may also come with 5000 yards and 35 TDs.

He's riskier, he may give you 180 yards with 4 picks and one TD one week and follow it up with 450 yards and 4 TDs the next week.

35 minutes ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Yeah, i would drop tannehill for Winston now.  Tannehill (or a plug and play equivalent) will be three for one week.  Winston just May play hot enough to get rostered by a competitor.

why dont you hang onto both for 2 or 3 weeks while you figure out who will be better.

its not gonna kill you to do this.   chances are in 2 or 3 weeks the decision will be obvious.

but if you insist on dumping one,  Tanehill is good but not great and his production is fairly steady.   Winston is feast or famine so far.  but when he feasts he FEASTS!

hes got awesome WR too.   I think if you have to dump, keep the guy with the better upside (winston)   as mentioned before.... in a 1 qb league Tanehill or someone similar should be on the wire for the next couple weeks.

Some people draft more than one QB as insurance. It's better than scrambling on Mason Rudolph for your Super Bowl run.

6 hours ago, LaChup said:

Some people draft more than one QB as insurance. It's better than scrambling on Mason Rudolph for your Super Bowl run.

Should be about 8-12 starting QBs available in most 12 team leagues, why would one want a third string Qb? 

Thanks.