shorepatrol

Pelosi home security cameras hacked

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The police named the attacker as David DePape, age 42.

Here’s his blog. Fair warning: he uses the N word.

https://godisloving.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/

Complete nut job. Should have been institutionalized. 

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

weird story. Paul was able to take a hammer shot to the head?

Paul meant to say he was hammered the shots went straight to his head.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Actually, people vote based on perception. And the perception is that crime is out of control. I think that perception is somewhat inaccurate, but understandable based on local news, Fox News. and ubiquitous GOP advertising.

Fear is a great motivator, and the GOP uses it to great effect. I’m sure the strategy will have some success this year.

Crime generally goes down and has done so since 1990, it's why when it goes up, it's noticeable.  If you notice, in 2001, crime spiked by 20%, but corrected itself in 2002 and dropped 15%.  Interestingly enough, the spike actually took place from Oct 2001 to Feb 2002... that's why the drop didn't cover the increase.  Trying to remember... what happened in September of 2001???  Thoughts?

Anyway, other than that, the only other time there was a spike without a correction was Obama's last 2 years in office.  It's obvious that the Summer of Love in 2020 (thanks to the "Defund the Police" movement), being behind that increase, but Biden's first year should've seen a correction.  Instead though, it's only dropped slightly.  You can call that a win, but it's well over 25% higher than 2019.  In the real world, that's a loss.  Calling 2022 a win is like a business saying that in they profited $500k in 2019, lost $300k in 2020 and lost $275k in 2021 saying, "hey, we got better"... despite the fact that you're still in the hole over the last 3 years.

19 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Assailant identified, and he was screaming "Where's Nancy? Where's Nancy?"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nancy-pelosi-husband-paul-assaulted-home-invasion-spokesman-says

Hoo boy.

Looks bad but these days we have to be sure it isn’t a Smollett situation.

The right won’t believe it anyway due to timing. And I can sorta understand that but what they aren’t considering is that it actually makes sense this could occur near an election. Republicans have spent months (on top of previous years) demonizing Pelosi and the democrats for the election so, yeah, it’s more likely to incite violence at those times.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You can't change the definition of the word "mainstream," whether you like it or not. Fox is the No. 1 MSM in the land thanks to its popularity. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_media_in_the_United_States

And Fox often is wrong.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/fox-news-channel/

Of course Fox has been wrong, but they were right more often than their counterparts. I find it rather amusing that suddenly you can't change the meaning of words, when the left has been so insistent to do so for so long. 😄

Almost as amusing as watching the MSM have to admit they lied about the validity of the laptop, or that Russian Collusion was a hoax. They constantly protect Democrats and attack Republicans. And I do not deny that Fox does it in reverse.  But based on Fox being right more often I do tend to give their reporting a little more credibility, though I will still partake some of the liberal media.

I just wish the liberal media held Democrats as accountable as they do Republicans. I have seen Fox rail against Republicans, you NEVER see the others doing that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

At what point do both sides say "Maybe we've gone too far and need to pull this rhetoric back?"

They won't.  The Democrats NEED victims so that they can stay in power.  The Republican's have to fight back, otherwise, it'll be chaotic.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

If we could only trace the increased violent rhetoric back to its source….

Lack of Awareness 101 was your best subject in school, wasn't it?

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Looks bad but these days we have to be sure it isn’t a Smollett situation.

The right won’t believe it anyway due to timing. And I can sorta understand that but what they aren’t considering is that it actually makes sense this could occur near an election. Republicans have spent months (on top of previous years) demonizing Pelosi and the democrats for the election so, yeah, it’s more likely to incite violence at those times.

Oh, it’s only the right that demonizes people. Good point. 

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

Back to HQ! Got any more abortion stuff? And let’s step up the Nazi name calling.  Time is short.  

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

He yelled “this is MAGA country” when the cops arrived. 

What kind of sandwich did he have? 

• Haha 1

Based on what Chuck Schumer said, I would have expected the attacker to look like Snidely Whiplash. 

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said "what happened to Paul Pelosi was a dastardly act.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

He yelled “this is MAGA country” when the cops arrived. 

😁

Rest assured, if they cannot portray this idiot as a MAGA person, they will insist he was pushed to it by MAGA people or something.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, it’s only the right that demonizes people. Good point. 

No, but it was Pelosi’s husband who got attacked here.

Although we don’t yet know why, so it’s still premature anyways :dunno:

48 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, a liberal website said that Fox is wrong?  GET OUT!!!!  😲

Prove that Fox either didn't report those information or that the information pieces deemed false actually were true.

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

Prove that Fox either didn't report those information or that the information pieces deemed false actually were true.

Oh, I'm sure they get things wrong, no one is perfect.  But, to say that they're wrong more than the others?  Nah, bull crap.  I've seen these fact check sites say things like: FALSE, then go on to say in their description that the claim is mostly true, but their phrasing is false.  Give me a break.  Fact check websites are nothing but tabloid information.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gay?

6 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Why was there a wellness check?

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and assume a boy toy payment situation.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

That would be awesome. Their house had been vandalized recently by left wing lunatics so I’m assuming they had good security measures. Maybe he broke in, but maybe not. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That would be awesome. Their house had been vandalized recently by left wing lunatics so I’m assuming they had good security measures. Maybe he broke in, but maybe not. 

Burglary charge….

18 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Why was there a wellness check?

If ADT were dispatched I bet the term wouldn’t be wellness check.  It is curious to who the caller for the check was.

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

From the FBI crime stats for 2021:

Was Covid brought into this equation??? 

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Burglary charge….

They did? Then they need to get better security.  Also in NY at least you can be charged with burglary if you enter with the intent to commit a crime, even if you are let  in. 

20 minutes ago, Reality said:

If the cops had gotten there a few minutes earlier they probably would've found the intruder's "gun barrel" shoved down Pelosi's throat. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, I'm sure they get things wrong, no one is perfect.  But, to say that they're wrong more than the others?  Nah, bull crap.  I've seen these fact check sites say things like: FALSE, then go on to say in their description that the claim is mostly true, but their phrasing is false.  Give me a break.  Fact check websites are nothing but tabloid information.

I never said Fox was more wrong than the others. The definition of "mainstream" is being twisted here. The media entities RLLD listed didn't include Fox, and his definition of mainstream is popular sources that produce information with which he doesn't agree, such as CNN, MSNBC, WoPo, New York Times, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc., and cites some examples of when they supposedly were wrong in their reporting.

Well, as you noted, Fox does get stuff wrong. Fox is the most mainstream of all mainstreams due to its position of being the No. 1 most popular information source in the land, and it's top show host, Tucker Carlson, is No. 1 in the land as well.

By definition, Fox most certainly is mainstream. That's just a fact.

Thanks for underscoring my point.

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I did. I still consider them the opposition to power. For years they were mostly a joke, I know I did not watch them.

But then something happened, the Democrats lost their mind when Trump was elected, and the reporting from the MSM (the dominant entities in news at the time) went into a dark place. They shed any assemblance of impartiality and became the mouthpiece of the Democrat party. 

They enthusiastically went after Trump, as they should ANY president, but this was different. You had the Russian collusion hoax, which they have never apologized for.

Over and over they were caught lying, promoting Democrat talking points, being vile racists in some cases. Turning to Fox was organic, they seemed to be the only outlet that was making sense. When the truth came out in the end on topics, they seemed to be correct time after time

So now, the impropriety of MSM has elevated Fox news.  Still not MSM, but once Republicans are back in power, I could see them becoming that. 

They lost their minds when they lost the house and senate during the Clinton years, and the impeachment of him. 

I agree Fox is mainstream. It’s really only the 7-10 lineup and some weekend programs that are hard right. The daytime stuff is a lot closer to center. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They did? Then they need to get better security.  Also in NY at least you can be charged with burglary if you enter with the intent to commit a crime, even if you are let  in. 

Leave it to NY to create its own definition of burglary.

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Leave it to NY to create its own definition of burglary.

There’s a good reason for it. If you let someone in under false pretenses and they robbed you they would claim they didn’t break in. I learned this stuff at police school. NY was once pretty tough on criminals. At least on paper.