Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Fantasy Geek Balls League - Season Chatter

Fresh thread now that the draft is over for weekly smack talk and general season discussion. 

Payouts $200/$75/$25

League Home Page    … for those following along. 

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

🥊

A week one battle between us in the KFC division. 🥊 

15 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

A week one battle between us in the KFC division. 🥊 

👍

okay. im currently trying to fix the schedule beyond week 1 so that each person plays the other people in their division twice and each other team once... somehow yahoo messed this up. 

week 1 will not be changed. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

okay. im currently trying to fix the schedule beyond week 1 so that each person plays the other people in their division twice and each other team once... somehow yahoo messed this up. 

👍

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Please do and thank you.

that was a biotch but it should be set up that division games are weeks 1-3 and 12-14... and non division games against the other 8 owners are weeks 4-11. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

that was a biotch but it should be set up that division games are weeks 1-3 and 12-14... and non division games against the other 8 owners are weeks 4-11. 

well done

I hate cheering for Eds players but I have a lot of stake in Gabe Davis this year. 👍🏼

10 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Great, Akers focked Mcveys wife

🤣

Akers looks painfully slow 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Akers looks painfully slow 

Unfortunate

Just remember, there is no value in taking top qbs early

I have Henderson, but still don't think I will start him next week. I could see McVey doing what the Patriots have done with their backfield the last 20 years. Can't trust anyone for consistent production. 

6 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I have Henderson, but still don't think I will start him next week. I could see McVey doing what the Patriots have done with their backfield the last 20 years. Can't trust anyone for consistent production. 

The dreaded RBBC. I try and avoid at all cost

someone started a RB that scored negative :lol:

BTW I asked the negatives be lowered. -2 for fumbles is focking dumb. INTs too

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

The dreaded RBBC. I try and avoid at all cost

The one exception was many years ago - Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson. I owned both and started both. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

someone started a RB that scored negative :lol:

BTW I asked the negatives be lowered. -2 for fumbles is focking dumb. INTs too

you didn't ask did you, thought you just said it was dumb... in which case you are wrong so i glossed over it :wave:

-2 for turnovers is pretty standard... i just went with the same scoring as 2 of my other redrafts. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

you didn't ask did you, thought you just said it was dumb... in which case you are wrong so i glossed over it :wave:

-2 for turnovers is pretty standard... i just went with the same scoring as 2 of my other redrafts. 

Never heard of it. Not sure it can be standard. Unless it's new.   Fumbles and INTs are often bad luck.  SO a fumble is no minus but a fumble lost is -2?  I don't agree

-2 for ints and lost fumble is fairly common.  For qb's, i don't like 4 pts for td/-2 for int.. prefer a little more differentiation (ie: 6pts td/ -2 int; or 4pts td/ -1 int)

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

Never heard of it. Not sure it can be standard. Unless it's new.   Fumbles and INTs are often bad luck.  SO a fumble is no minus but a fumble lost is -2?  I don't agree

Defensively, I like having -1 for forced fumble; -1 for fumble recovery

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

and touchdown catches / defensive touchdowns can be good luck. -2 for interceptions is pretty FF standard, as is -2 for fumbles lost :dunno:.  No one else mentioned anything and i'm pretty sure a good amount of owners checked out the scoring. 

Not being a richard but why didn't you get more of a discussion going prior? There wasn't much talk about what people wanted the rules to be beyond PPR and decimal scoring so I just went with what I know to be fairly standard. 

I apologize if your earlier post about it was supposed to be a serious discussion.. I just thought you were being Ed :lol:.  It looks like I still have the ability to adjust scoring settings so if we want to make this a discussion and get some votes, I am fine with that... we have until Sunday

Turnovers need to be some sort of negative points though. When a player fumbles the ball, it's generally not luck outside of a botched snap/handoff. That's why they get benched and that is why my leagues have always done fumbles lost and not just fumbles. Gives the offense a chance to save your players ass. And interceptions... i mean look at Stafford last night. If you throw the ball right at a lineman falling back into coverage and he tips it up and catches it... lucky that he caught it but you threw a shit pass...

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

-2 for ints and lost fumble is fairly common.  For qb's, i don't like 4 pts for td/-2 for int.. prefer a little more differentiation (ie: 6pts td/ -2 int; or 4pts td/ -1 int)

Defensively, I like having -1 for forced fumble; -1 for fumble recovery

I am open to -1 INT but not 6pt passing scores.  6 pt passing TDs is way less common  and definitely impacts how people draft and how early they draft their QB's. 

I don't want to change any scoring that would have impacted how people draft.  a point difference for turnovers isn't a big deal.... and if people dont like the way I set up defensive scoring for points allowed, thats not a big deal to change either. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I am open to -1 INT but not 6pt passing scores.  6 pt passing TDs is way less common  and definitely impacts how people draft and how early they draft their QB's. 

I don't want to change any scoring that would have impacted how people draft.  a point difference for turnovers isn't a big deal.... and if people dont like the way I set up defensive scoring for points allowed, thats not a big deal to change either. 

Agree.  -1 int and fumble lost and 4pts for TD pass

i'm going to the RAYS / yankees game tonight so if someone wants to start a poll  or just keep an eye on the general consensus in this thread (maybe @ everyone to get their attention) feel free. 

but please keep it to turnovers and maybe the scoring for defensive points allowed. nothing that would have impacted the draft. (6 point passing scores, yardage bonuses, etc) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I completely agree.

I think you did a fine job setting it up.  this was done quickly and we had little time to discuss much of anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Agree.  -1 int and fumble lost and 4pts for TD pass

agree also

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I completely agree.

I think you did a fine job setting it up.  this was done quickly and we had little time to discuss much of anything.

100%  was an amazing job. Much appreciated.  WW is the Ed McMahon to my Johnny Carson

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I completely agree.

I want to reiterate that I am not biatching about it.  Just generally talking about preferences. If some can change, great.  if not, i am not losing any sleep over any of it.

WW, for as quickly as the fraft was thrown together, you did fine setting it up. 

The only other leagues I'm in, one uses 6 for all tds and -2 turnovers and the other uses 4 pass 6 run/catch tds and 0 for turnovers, so this I think the -1 is fair.