Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Fantasy Geek Balls League - Season Chatter

okay so I see 3 votes for -1 INT     2 votes for -1 fumble lost (bier mentioned -1/-1 fumble/fumble lost)    

consider me indifferent. I am good with whatever you guys decide. Let's just try to get a few more who agree or don't care. 

Thanks.

.... and any other scoring issues please bring them up now. I'm not going to change anything after Sunday

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

100%  was an amazing job. Much appreciated.  WW is the Ed McMahon to my Johnny Carson

two really big hits, to really big mitts and two really big...

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I want to reiterate that I am not biatching about it.  Just generally talking about preferences. If some can change, great.  if not, i am not losing any sleep over any of it.

I know you're not.... and the fact you guys are bringing it up doesn't bother me at all. I want everyone to have the best experience possible so maybe this can be an annual, fun, low stakes league 

1 minute ago, Twinsdad said:

WW, for as quickly as the fraft was thrown together, you did fine setting it up. 

The only other leagues I'm in, one uses 6 for all tds and -2 turnovers and the other uses 4 pass 6 run/catch tds and 0 for turnovers, so this I think the -1 is fair.

appreciate it. I'm in 7 other leagues. All are 4 point passing scores and are either -2 INT/-2 fumble lost or no penalties for turnovers at all. 

but like i said I am open to anything... just prefer to get a majority saying these changes are okay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

WW, for as quickly as the fraft was thrown together, you did fine setting it up. 

The only other leagues I'm in, one uses 6 for all tds and -2 turnovers and the other uses 4 pass 6 run/catch tds and 0 for turnovers, so this I think the -1 is fair.

I agree that -1 or 0 seems fair/reasonable, especially with it being 1 PPR.  I should have looked at the scoring before the draft, but for a $25 league, I didn't/don't really care.

• Thanks 1

@Horseman @Alias Detective @Cloaca du jour @bostonlager @Pimpadeaux @shorepatrol 

please chime in on whats being discussed.   

- changing interceptions from -2 to -1 (i feel like there still should be some penalty)

- should fumbles lost be -1 also?

- would we rather just go to a no turnover league? 

and bring up any other scoring issues you have...............

........ i'm willing to make tweaks up until Sunday since the league was formed so quickly. Just not going to change anything that would have impacted how we drafted (example 6 point passing TDs. If we did that, Cloaca might have drafted 4 QB's in the first 7 picks)

WW I @ed you for my comment pre-draft in the other thread. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

@Horseman @Alias Detective @Cloaca du jour @bostonlager @Pimpadeaux @shorepatrol 

- changing interceptions from -2 to -1 (i feel like there still should be some penalty)

........ i'm willing to make tweaks up until Sunday since the league was formed so quickly. Just not going to change anything that would have impacted how we drafted (example 6 point passing TDs. If we did that, Cloaca might have drafted 4 QB's in the first 7 picks)

It doesn't matter to me. Go with what you guys like. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

It doesn't matter to me. Go with what you guys like. 

Thanks for chiming in Switzerland 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, edjr said:

Thanks for chiming in Switzerland 

If it was up to me I would do minus 2 for fumbles lost, minus 2 of INTs, and minus 6 for pick sixes

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

If it was up to me I would do minus 2 for fumbles lost, minus 2 of INTs, and minus 6 for pick sixes

:o  you're voted off the island

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Since passingTD’s are worth 4 points I’d move interceptions to -1.  If they were worth 6 points I’d leave them at -2.

Fumbles, keep it at -2 based on the theory above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Since passingTD’s are worth 4 points I’d move interceptions to -1.  If they were worth 6 points I’d leave them at -2.

QBs throw an avg of 30 TDS how many do WR/RB have?  Doesn't make sense to keep fumbles at -2

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

QBs throw an avg of 30 TDS how many do WR/RB have?  Doesn't make sense to keep fumbles at -2

Hold on to the 🏈.  And I hope you choke on your labsta roll.

I wasn't aware we were doing 4 points for TD passes, so -1 on INTs sounds good. 

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Hold on to the 🏈.  And I hope you choke on your labsta doll.

What if a player fumbles and his own team recovers? 

12 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Hold on to the 🏈.  And I hope you choke on your labsta roll.

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

Make it lost fumbles -1 or -2

1 minute ago, edjr said:

The player gets credit for the yards to the point of the lost ball.  No fumble recorded.

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

The player gets credit for the yards to the point of the lost ball.  No fumble recorded.

too much luck for me to penalize 2 points

its currently fumbles lost -2.  

we can easily do -1 INT and -1 fumble lost.  it becomes pretty inconsequential at that point anyway.

I am also very surprised that people didn't realize we were doing 4 point passing scores. It really is much more common than 6. 6 point passing touchdowns makes the top QB's god like 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

we can easily do -1 INT and -1 fumble lost.  it becomes pretty inconsequential at that point anyway.

I am also very surprised that people didn't realize we were doing 4 point passing scores. It really is much more common than 6. 6 point passing touchdowns makes the top QB's god like 

I knew the 4 pass TD.  QB scoring is already out of whack, now add another 2 pts per TD :o 

If QB pass TD were 6, Josh Allen should go number 1

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I noticed, but see a pretty even split in 4 vs 6 for passing tds. Both are common enough not to quibble about it.

too much luck for me to penalize 2 points

I dont get the luck argument though.

out of all the interceptions a QB throws, how many are really bad luck (hits the receiver in the hands like McKenzie last night) versus a poor throw (all the other interceptions last night)? 

how many fumbles are luck? If you can't hold onto the ball, its not luck. 

• Like 1

Maybe not so much luck, but often qbs get charged with fumbles on bad snaps and exchanges.  

i am good with -1 or -2 for lost fumbles

I want a Rae Carruth clause...if any of your guys get arrested or investigated for crimes...you put 10 dollars in the kitty.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bier Meister said:

Maybe not so much luck, but often qbs get charged with fumbles on bad snaps and exchanges.  

i am good with -1 or -2 for lost fumbles

yeah, i mentioned the snap/exchange earlier. The luck element I see there is if it gets charged to the QB or RB on the exchange versus whose fault it actually was.... and sure, your center can fock your QB..

but we are literally talking about an extra point that might come into play 3-4 times per season on a bad luck situation. 

I'm not fighting for a certain scoring. I just can't help chatting FF. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I dont get the luck argument though.

out of all the interceptions a QB throws, how many are really bad luck (hits the receiver in the hands like McKenzie last night) versus a poor throw (all the other interceptions last night)? 

1 of Allens last night was not his fault. so that's 50% to start the year

The scoring is -2 for fumbles or fumbles lost?

1 minute ago, edjr said:

1 of Allens last night was not his fault. so that's 50% to start the year

The scoring is -2 for fumbles or fumbles lost?

lost... i've always done lost because in order to lose a fumble, you first have to fumble it. At least this way, you have a chance to recover your own fumble or get bailed out by your team.

45 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

No wonder QBs went so high.  I thought playing with a bunch of guys on a FF board wound mean they understand the fundamentals of FF.

Fantasy Football 101 - Rule #1 - Know and understand your league's rules before you draft.

Fantasy Football 101 - Rule #2 - No changing the rules after the draft.

Now that I got that off my chest:

If you want to talk about standards, the high stakes leagues are pretty consistent with turnover rules.  For the OFFENSIVE player it is -1 point for interceptions and fumbles lost.  For the DEFENSE it is +2 point for every turnover and +1 point for a sack.  They are also consistent with +4 points (not 6) for passing TDs.

My Vote:

BIG NO on changing the QB rule of +4 points for passing TDs.  Not my fault a bunch of people over valued QBs.  I also think defenses should be rewarded +2 for takeaways and +1 for sacks.  Whatever you want to do with offensive fumbles and interceptions lost is fine with me.

All that being said, whatever you decide is fine, it's only $25. Thanks for putting this together. 

• Haha 1

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

lost

That is the luck part.

Dak lead NFL with 14 fumbles and 6 lost.  A lot of luck not losing those 8

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

No wonder QBs went so high.  I thought playing with a bunch of guys on a FF board wound mean they understand the fundamentals of FF.

Fantasy Football 101 - Rule #1 - Know and understand your league's rules before you draft.

Fantasy Football 101 - Rule #2 - No changing the rules after the draft.

Now that I got that off my chest:

If you want to talk about standards, the high stakes leagues are pretty consistent with turnover rules.  For the OFFENSIVE player it is -1 point for interceptions and fumbles lost.  For the DEFENSE it is +2 point for every turnover and +1 point for a sack.  They are also consistent with +4 points (not 6) for passing TDs.

My Vote:

BIG NO on changing the QB rule of +4 points for passing TDs.  Not my fault a bunch of people over valued QBs.  I also think defenses should be rewarded +2 for takeaways and +1 for sacks.  Whatever you want to do with offensive fumbles and interceptions lost is fine with me.

All that being said, whatever you decide is fine, it's only $25. Thanks for putting this together. 

:huh: I knew the scoring was 4 pts for a TD pass. If you think QBs late in the 2nd round is high, you are the high one

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

My Vote:

easy Tiger. Passing TD scoring is not up for debate. It changes the nature of the draft. We are only talking about honestly inconsequential turnover scoring. 

Defenses are already awarded +2 for takeaways and +1 for sacks.  Did you read the scoring? :lol:;)

• Haha 1

lost... i've always done lost because in order to lose a fumble, you first have to fumble it. At least this way, you have a chance to recover your own fumble or get bailed out by your team.

Yes of course only a lost fumble should be minus, but therein lies the luck part of it.. :wall: 

Yes of course only a lost fumble should be minus, but therein lies the luck part of it.. :wall: 

ITS ALL LUCK!!!! I WON THE EDEX!!!!! :mad:

:D

ITS ALL LUCK!!!! I WON THE EDEX!!!!! :mad:

:D

Fantasy = 75% luck.  Hold 'em = 90% luck

easy Tiger. Passing TD scoring is not up for debate. It changes the nature of the draft. We are only talking about honestly inconsequential turnover scoring. 

Defenses are already awarded +2 for takeaways and +1 for sacks.  Did you read the scoring? :lol:;)

Yes, but people are clamoring on about luck.  For a fumble lost it's unlucky for the offensive player and lucky for the defense.    Each takes up one spot in someone's lineup.  Why would you try and "correct" one and not the other?

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Defensively, I like having -1 for forced fumble; -1 for fumble recovery

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

okay so I see 3 votes for -1 INT     2 votes for -1 fumble lost (bier mentioned -1/-1 fumble/fumble lost)    

What I like about this is that if your defense recovers the fumble, there is almost no difference in scoring, but it rewards a defensive effort to cause a fumble.

so some of you might prefer:

forced fumble= 1

FR= 2... so potentially 3 pts.

whatever... just a fun element for defensive scoring

-We might want to adjust Points Allowed (NFL promotes more offense)

-Does points allowed while on offense count against defensive PA? ie: stafford throws a pick 6. Do LARams get dinged for PA?

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Let's figure out the scoring rules and then redraft.

:first: 

• Haha 2

Potential PA:

Shutout: 12

2-5= 10

6-9= 7

10-14= 5

15-20= 3

21-24= 1

25-29= -1

30-33= -3

34+= -5

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

-We might want to adjust Points Allowed (NFL promotes more offense)

-Does points allowed while on offense count against defensive PA? ie: stafford throws a pick 6. Do LARams get dinged for PA?

i set the points allowed scoring so that a random shutout wasn't so much more than only allowing a field goal. I also adjusted it so the only negative points is -1 if your DST allows over 35. Yahoo original setting was -4 for that and -1 for allowing more than 27 i think.  So you're right, the NFL promotes offense. That was the reason i made a more balanced DST scoring for points allowed.

really DST scoring is all about the sacks/turnovers and TDs anyway

• Like 1