Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Fantasy Geek Balls League - Season Chatter

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Good lord give it a rest. 

whatever team comes out of the JFC (appropriately named I might add) will have had more luck than most, yes. But that’s FF. That’s NFL as well. Divisions are probably more common in FF than not. “High stakes leagues don’t use divisions” is also false. High stakes sponsored leagues and tournaments yes, but there are plenty of massive buy in leagues that roll 12 teams 3 divisions. 

If the team who comes out of that division overcame injuries and used solid in season management to make it and solid decision making to win some playoff games, good for them. 

Likewise, a team with underperforming studs suddenly gets hot in the playoffs. I've got Nick Chubb and Derrick Henry in another league. and those have pooped the bed lately. I've got those two as my starters, Stevenson as my flex and Elliot and Pierce on my bench. I'm .500 but waiver wired my way to a solid team with depth.

Just a matter of luck at this point, and same with this league.

One-division leagues are for pansies.

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

You rejected me before we got Twinsdad (and before you knew I like Velveeta)

but you are the first in line of anyone drops out 

Of fock, I forgot about the Velveeta. I’m out. :lol:

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Of fock, I forgot about the Velveeta. I’m out. :lol:

You wouldn't have a chance in a multi-divisional league. You might have a chance in a one-division league. You'd for-sure have a chance if you were the only one in your division and played with yourself all season while the other 11 teams were fighting it out in their own division. 

I am sure of this.

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Once kooper cup and my Rbs hit IR...I was toast.I 

This is why I'd prefer a more shallow bench. In this league, the pickings are mighty slim on the waiver wire.

55 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

This is why I'd prefer a more shallow bench. In this league, the pickings are mighty slim on the waiver wire.

I think it's a good balance but it's also why I am against expanding benches just because some people want to stash more players. I can stash with the best of them but it takes a casual league and skews it toward the more serious players and it depletes the waiver wire. 

Good luck to everyone this week. A lot of things still to be decided in terms of who is on/out and seeding. 

:cheers:

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

the waiver wire shouldnt be useless and it mostly is

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I think it's a good balance but it's also why I am against expanding benches just because some people want to stash more players. I can stash with the best of them but it takes a casual league and skews it toward the more serious players and it depletes the waiver wire. 

I do my research. I want to be rewarded for it.

Shallow bench= too forgiving imo. Also, can force one to drop better players for scrubs who have a pulse during injuries/byes

45 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I do my research. I want to be rewarded for it.

Shallow bench= too forgiving imo. Also, can force one to drop better players for scrubs who have a pulse during injuries/byes

I’m sure you do and I know you’re not the only one, I’d put myself in the same camp.  I just don’t generally like rewarding people for having extra time on their hands to research. I think that gets rewarded enough as it is with the current bench depth and expanding only results in less decision making. You can stash more players without making a difficult cut. That’s not actually making the league more challenging in any capacity  it’s not like free agency is brimming with top tier talent 

plus as a more casual league it seems overkill. 

15 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’m sure you do and I know you’re not the only one, I’d put myself in the same camp.  I just don’t generally like rewarding people for having extra time on their hands to research. I think that gets rewarded enough as it is with the current bench depth and expanding only results in less decision making. You can stash more players without making a difficult cut. That’s not actually making the league more challenging in any capacity  it’s not like free agency is brimming with top tier talent 

plus as a more casual league it seems overkill. 

I am working close to 7 days a week. I have very little disposable time.

larger bench can mean tougher choices.

imo more lazy to have an injury, then recover via too rich of a ww 

19 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I am working close to 7 days a week. I have very little disposable time.

larger bench can mean tougher choices.

imo more lazy to have an injury, then recover via too rich of a ww 

I wasn’t speaking to you specifically but some people have more time to research than others. Just a fact. And some take it more seriously to begin with. We both fall in that category. If this was a high stakes, more serious league, maybe. 

in other news, thanks Corey Davis !

• Sad 1

On 12/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, Horseman said:

@bostonlager congrats, you have the better team.  I needed Fields to have a big day to have a chance and he's on bye.  Should put you in the post season.

:doh:  If I'd paid attention to Thursday games I'd be one win more than I'm at now and would have had the advantage.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:08 PM, bostonlager said:

It ain’t over til it’s over. Sh1t happens and when it does, it seems to always find my FF teams. 

Good game. I knew it. 

18 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I notice you have 2 IR spots for your team.  No one else does either.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

@edjr

Good luck!

That was a crappy  @Pimpadeaux  😛

What a battle it is has been! What a comeback! Will it all be for not?  Nick the D1ck needs a big night

We both came out swinging for sure. 

40 minutes ago, edjr said:

That was a crappy  @Pimpadeaux  😛

What a battle it is has been! What a comeback! Will it all be for not?  Nick the D1ck needs a big night

We both came out swinging for sure. 

Best game all season, coming down to MNF!

7 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

😂 

What is the playoff picture looking like. Do I need Herbs to win too or am I getting in on points either way?

7 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

What is the playoff picture looking like. Do I need Herbs to win too or am I getting in on points either way?

I know our division is getting screwed.

7 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Best game all season, coming down to MNF!

It’s like a play in  game for the 64th team into March Madness.

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I know our division is getting screwed.

I would possibly be the 2nd highest scoring team and miss the playoffs 

33 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

You need Herbs to win and you'll have the higher points beating WW.  WW wins, he's in.

Or Hopkins to score 42+.  😨

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

While possibly the worst scoring team gets in.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Both our teams showed up this week!

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

🖕

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

you'd also be 3rd in your division, which shouldn't guarantee you anything regardless of points scored. 

Is it ideal to have a losing team make the playoffs? no, but we've covered all that. I do love that the game to determine the JFC division is going to be the highest scoring matchup of the week by a long shot. 

If Stevenson and Mac Attack get 32.36 combined, you'll make it anyway.  I have a good feeling that will be the case. :cheers:

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

you'd also be 3rd in your division, which shouldn't guarantee you anything regardless of points scored. 

Is it ideal to have a losing team make the playoffs? no, but we've covered all that. I do love that the game to determine the JFC division is going to be the highest scoring matchup of the week by a long shot. 

If Stevenson and Mac Attack get 32.36 combined, you'll make it anyway.  I have a good feeling that will be the case. :cheers:

I better make it or else I’m taking it out on all of you in EdEx. 😡

Will be my 2nd loss this year when I was 2nd highest scoring team AND I potentially scored more points than the a division winner.

H2H sucks

33 minutes ago, edjr said:

Will be my 2nd loss this year when I was 2nd highest scoring team AND I potentially scored more points than the a division winner.

H2H sucks

You had to play me sometime.  Odds were against you