Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Fantasy Geek Balls League - Season Chatter

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, edjr said:

Gabe Davis, Keenan Allen, Jerry Jeudy all injured.  And 2 of them injured in the 1st quarter of games so I couldnt replace.

And Julio Jones the guy I pick up. 

all hurt the 1st 2 weeks. 

Like the edex, you can replace them as long as they didn’t tee off yet 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Like the edex, you can replace them as long as they didn’t tee off yet 😉

:cry:   I replaced Davis with Clam Chowder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, edjr said:

my 1st 3 WRs all injured,  I will trade Josh Allen for a bag of balls soon

Cooper Kupp who catches 35 balls a week, never gets hurt. Mine gets hurt on his 4th catch of the year. 

Better than losing a starting QB and RB.

2005, 3WR league.  First game of the season first round draft pick Javon Walker tears his ACL.  A couple games later WR#2, Drew Bennett dislocates his thumb.  Picks up an under the radar WR by the name of Chris Chambers from the waiver wire. Limps into the playoffs and Chambers blows up.  Championship.  :first:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won my first championship with fuad reveiz.  Kicked like 12fg the last 2 weeks of the season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I won my first championship with fuad reveiz.  Kicked like 12fg the last 2 weeks of the season...

My first championship was 2007. 

1.01 Ladanlian Tomlinson

2.12 Randy Moss

3.01 Tom Brady. 

Don't remember the rest, because they didn't matter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1998ish would have been my season and first title. I feel like my team was highlighted by Faulk, fragile Fred Taylor (always a favorite of mine) and Randy Moss as a rookie. Jimmy Smith was probably also on that team. I tended to draft him a lot my first few years. 

 

I definitely remember a year where I drafted a ton of greatest show on turf Rams.  Faulk, Bruce, Holt. and Kurt later or potentially off waivers.

2003 I believe I stacked Moss, Culpepper along with someone else (potentially Torry holt and Fred Taylor again). It was enough to overcome whoever had Priest Holmes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gladiators said:

I did this  :banana:

Not even close.

Crying Allen, Judge Jeudy and Gabe Fockface did this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a very good team. Will sell for $50 to anyone interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

1998ish would have been my season and first title. I feel like my team was highlighted by Faulk, fragile Fred Taylor (always a favorite of mine) and Randy Moss as a rookie. Jimmy Smith was probably also on that team. I tended to draft him a lot my first few years. 

 

I definitely remember a year where I drafted a ton of greatest show on turf Rams.  Faulk, Bruce, Holt. and Kurt later or potentially off waivers.

2003 I believe I stacked Moss, Culpepper along with someone else (potentially Torry holt and Fred Taylor again). It was enough to overcome whoever had Priest Holmes. 

I started around 91... scoring was very different (we rewarded long tds, and tds scored out of position).  I used build my teams with a plodder and an explosive back.  I went to college in San Diego and loved Marshall Faulk...grabbed him anywhere I could (even when he was in indy).  early on I could get him "cheap" in later rounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I started around 91... scoring was very different (we rewarded long tds, and tds scored out of position).  I used build my teams with a plodder and an explosive back.  I went to college in San Diego and loved Marshall Faulk...grabbed him anywhere I could (even when he was in indy).  early on I could get him "cheap" in later rounds

Yup. I wish I could go back and see how some of those drafts unfolded. It wasn’t until his second season with the rams that I needed a first overall pick to get him. 
 

we had a solid 10 team league of sports nuts like me starting in middle school and through our college years. Over a 10 or 11 year span I won something like 8 or 9 titles. 
 

then in subsequent leagues I became the guy who was always there but couldn’t close the deal. In one home league that lasted 8 years I made the title game 6 times with just one championship 😂. That league rebooted so it’s a bit different and over the 8 years since the reboot I have yet to miss the playoffs but just 1 title to show for it. 
 

the difference isn’t really better competition. For high school kids we were all sharks. To me the biggest difference is how little effort owners have to put in prior to the draft or how little knowledge they really need because there is so much information at everyone’s finger tips… someone who has never played before can draft off fantasy pros rankings and win a league. You used to have to actually follow the game. Of course being knowledgeable about the game still gives you an edge, it’s just not what it used to be. 
 

and once I started getting involved in so many leagues and so many formats, I think that hurts as well. Just a bit. Hard to be on top of everything with so many leagues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:


 

then in subsequent leagues I became the guy who was always there but couldn’t close the deal. In one home league that lasted 8 years I made the title game 6 times with just one championship 😂. That league rebooted so it’s a bit different and over the 8 years since the reboot I have yet to miss the playoffs but just 1 title to show for it. 
 

 

Did you rename that team the Bills?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Did you rename that team the Bills?

that was the running joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Honestly say I don’t have the capacity to remember my FF highlights from 20 years ago.  😂

it's been in my top 5 hobbies for most of my life. I can vaguely remember some players I had on really good teams or guys I drafted who suffered bad injuries. And I can remember more or less the titles i've won or lost in the league I care most about. ... but I've been in too many leagues to remember much from the secondary ones. There were years where I was in 12 leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

that was the running joke

I was Phil Mickelson for a decade before I broke through. Had numerous 2nd place finishes before I finally won a championship game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

it's been in my top 5 hobbies for most of my life. I can vaguely remember some players I had on really good teams or guys I drafted who suffered bad injuries. And I can remember more or less the titles i've won or lost in the league I care most about. ... but I've been in too many leagues to remember much from the secondary ones. There were years where I was in 12 leagues. 

yes... i had marino in his achilles year.

i am not going to remember all of my teams, but i was usually ahead of the curve (manning, harrison, wayne, moss, amon green, culpepper, holmes, gonzo, brady... who i traded away in a keeper, tiki, faulk, watters, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my 1st league was 1989.  We had no idea what we were doing. I made up the rules.

We had 10 people and we chose playing cards and we drafted by position and picked a new order for each.

Same guy had Montana and Rice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, edjr said:

my 1st league was 1989.  We had no idea what we were doing. I made up the rules.

We had 10 people and we chose playing cards and we drafted by position and picked a new order for each.

Same guy had Montana and Rice 

Did you quit? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Did you quit? 😁

:first:    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forget what year it was, 2008 I think, targeted and drafted Drew Brees as the 10-12 QB taken and got him in 3 out of 4 leagues.  Won all three.

Won a FBG Player Championship League in 2012, finished #278 overall, which punched my ticket to a draft spot in the Main Event live in Vegas 2013 at Caesars.  I semi-retired after that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuge 12 point swing against me last night. Hope it doesn't cost me.

Hareem Kunt stuffed inside the 5, 3 times stopped at the 1. Got a chubb runs it in on 4th down :mad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Looking to trade for a QB.  Willing to part with a WR or possible RB in exchange.

 

will entertain all offers

Matt Ryan is available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cloaca du jour  Tee Higgins lost out on a TD due to stupid NFL catch rules. his toes were in,. but his feet landed on the white. I beat you by 2 🖕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

time to start my turnaround

Start by turning left or right. 

You are the Vegas Raiders, only team 0 and 3 in the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not an ideal start. While watching the games I felt like my team was doing well in a "down" fantasy week but when I checked I saw I was going against Lamar so... that was that :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

not an ideal start. While watching the games I felt like my team was doing well in a "down" fantasy week but when I checked I saw I was going against Lamar so... that was that :lol:

Like when I watch golf, I try to forget who I have or who anyone else has and just enjoy. I watched no football sunday and won by 2 points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edjr said:

@Cloaca du jour  Tee Higgins lost out on a TD due to stupid NFL catch rules. his toes were in,. but his feet landed on the white. I beat you by 2 🖕

Yeah...he wasnt the only issue...herbert sucked also..good win!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

TEE Higgins is awesome!!!!!

boyd wants to kick him to the curb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

TEE Higgins is awesome!!!!!

He sure was last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2022 at 8:28 AM, edjr said:

my 1st league was 1989.  We had no idea what we were doing. I made up the rules.

We had 10 people and we chose playing cards and we drafted by position and picked a new order for each.

Same guy had Montana and Rice 

That was my first year as well and picked Phil Simms in the first round and Stephen Baker in the second. Baker got hurt, and Simms threw fewer TDs than I could have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×