Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

I told you so thread

for players You told people not to draft for whatever reason

In this case Akers.   coming back from Achilles.  I know its early but he didnt even play.   clearly something is wrong there.

personally I think its the injury.   this may be too early to judge, but I'm thinking this may be the first I told you  so of the year.

I know it's one game but I never bought into the ARob2 hype train. I'm sure they'll get some chemistry going but the lack of looks despite running 97% of snaps was alarming.

hard to say for sure.  could be the buffalo corners played really well.   they are likely the top D in the NFL this year.  I wouldnt be saying doom and gloom for him just yet

Maybe those rookie corners are really good but it is not a great sign that A-Rob could not get open when LAR needed him. Whenever they would show him on camera he was getting no separation.  He doesn't look like a Robert Woods or OBJ upgrade.  If he isn't that then he isn't much.

The Arob thing and lack of involvement by Atwell has me excited about Van Jefferson on my bench. Here's hoping he can get healthy quickly. 

1 hour ago, rotisserieking said:

running 97% of snaps was alarming

Axually, running 97% of the snaps is a good sign.  I'd be a lot more worried if he was only on the field for 10% of the snaps, like Akers.

I added Michael Carter in the 9th+ in every league, and thought it was ridiculous Hall was going in the 3rd

Jets offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur said RB Michael Carter is the "heartbeat of our offense." 

Carter enters the regular season as the unquestioned No. 1 back in the New York backfield after the team used a second-round pick on Breece Hall in the 2022 NFL Draft. Listed as the team's RB1 on the official depth chart, Carter could be in for a surprisingly big workload to start the season. He was quietly excellent as a rusher and a pass catcher in 2021, and could prove a major value for those who took the second-year back in the second half of their fantasy drafts. Hall, meanwhile, can't be started as anything more than a RB3/FLEX in Week 1 against the Ravens.

42 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I added Michael Carter in the 9th+ in every league, and thought it was ridiculous Hall was going in the 3rd

Jets offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur said RB Michael Carter is the "heartbeat of our offense." 

Carter enters the regular season as the unquestioned No. 1 back in the New York backfield after the team used a second-round pick on Breece Hall in the 2022 NFL Draft. Listed as the team's RB1 on the official depth chart, Carter could be in for a surprisingly big workload to start the season. He was quietly excellent as a rusher and a pass catcher in 2021, and could prove a major value for those who took the second-year back in the second half of their fantasy drafts. Hall, meanwhile, can't be started as anything more than a RB3/FLEX in Week 1 against the Ravens.

too early to say at this point, but I got him late in my auction for next to nothing.   as hes currently listed as the Starting RB I figured I'd take a shot on the guy.  as a RB4 if he doesnt pan out the cost was minimal.    But Carter didnt have a great camp.   in my opinon, not enough to unseat someone ahead of him on the depth chart.   but some players do need some time to grow into a starting role. 

I think Hall eventually does win the starting job, its just gonna take a while.   maybe half a season, maybe not til next year.   but right now it looks like Carter is the guy.

what we dont know is whether this turns into a time share or not.  only time will tell on that.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

too early to say at this point, but I got him late in my auction for next to nothing.   as hes currently listed as the Starting RB I figured I'd take a shot on the guy.  as a RB4 if he doesnt pan out the cost was minimal.    But Carter didnt have a great camp.   in my opinon, not enough to unseat someone ahead of him on the depth chart.   but some players do need some time to grow into a starting role. 

I think Hall eventually does win the starting job, its just gonna take a while.   maybe half a season, maybe not til next year.   but right now it looks like Carter is the guy.

what we dont know is whether this turns into a time share or not.  only time will tell on that.

Agree.  They didn’t draft Hall to backup Carter.  And they wouldn’t have drafted Hall if they thought Carter could be the guy.  Most rookies need time to adjust to the NFL, and if Hall isn’t ready they have Carter.  As for what the coach said…it’s not like he’s going to say “we’re going with Carter until Hall is ready, but Carter really isn’t what we wanted in a RB1”.  He’s going to say what he said to boost Carter up.

7 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Agree.  They didn’t draft Hall to backup Carter.  And they wouldn’t have drafted Hall if they thought Carter could be the guy.  Most rookies need time to adjust to the NFL, and if Hall isn’t ready they have Carter.  As for what the coach said…it’s not like he’s going to say “we’re going with Carter until Hall is ready, but Carter really isn’t what we wanted in a RB1”.  He’s going to say what he said to boost Carter up.

Id argue the RB room was lacking depth anyhow.   they needed to draft someone.   the only question was when in this draft they were gonna take someone.

it may be a case where they liked him and he fell into their lap at a point they were willing to spend the draft capital on him

28 minutes ago, JagFan said:

almost every team runs 2 RB's

23 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

almost every team runs 2 RB's

yeah but even the ones running one RB still need a capable backup.  thus the reason they needed to draft one.

I think the plan was always to have a competition and whoever won, got the job.    the key is that you want two guys capable of starting even if its a not a committee.

Carter might be fine, but if he gets hurt they had nothing.  now they have Hall.  so even if hes not starting, they can put him in there if needed

• Like 1

Carter wasn’t even the starter in college, Javonte Williams was. Carter was never destined to be a bell-cow. The Jets drafted Breece hoping he could one day be that guy. Regardless, bad team bad offensive line, bad situation. 

Okay, let’s get real.  The Jets traded up to get Hall as the first RB taken.  So he didn’t exactly fall to them.  It’s not rocket appliances folks, Carter isn’t the answer.  Furthermore, Hall may even get more touches this week.  Enjoy Carter sitting on your bench for a few weeks before you drop him.  You got him late anyway.  That’s going to be the Breece Hall show by week 5…for whatever that’s worth.  Probably not much on that team.

1 minute ago, JagFan said:

Okay, let’s get real.  The Jets traded up to get Hall as the first RB taken.  So he didn’t exactly fall to them.  It’s not rocket appliances folks, Carter isn’t the answer.  Furthermore, Hall may even get more touches this week.  Enjoy Carter sitting on your bench for a few weeks before you drop him.  You got him late anyway.  That’s going to be the Breece Hall show by week 5…for whatever that’s worth.  Probably not much on that team.

you might be right.

but I got Hall for $1 in my auction draft as one of the last players taken.   Its not like I'm heavily invested.

I figured it was worth a shot as it was clear Hall didnt win the job out of camp.   he didnt look as good as I'd hoped either.   Scouting report on him looked real good when I read it so I do have high hopes for Halls future.   at the moment it just doesnt look like that future means now.   it may be week 5  it may be week 3 it may be week 10 it may be next season.

but in my league any RB who is starting should be rostered so I'm happy to have Carter as my RB4.  if all goes well, he should never see the field for my team anyways.

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That’s going to change quickly. 

12 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I say before week five, maybe halftime week one. 

Good post. 

another possibility is .... on occasion a team will actually not announce that the incumbent starter has lost his job until after week 1.   it takes the pressure off the rookie and if he doesnt perform you plug the starter back in and say it was a committee.

I have seen it happen.    the starter gets like 12 touches and the backup gets like 18.    it doesnt happen a lot, but every once in a while you see it.

it could possibly be one of those situations.    I'm betting against that because Hall didnt look great in exhibition but exhibition doesnt mean much a lot of the time.   so this is a possibility.   NOt one I am betting on, but I wouldnt completely discount it yet either

Saw the Jets lost another oline player, that’s not good news.  

20 hours ago, jrokh said:

Carter wasn’t even the starter in college, Javonte Williams was. Carter was never destined to be a bell-cow. The Jets drafted Breece hoping he could one day be that guy. Regardless, bad team bad offensive line, bad situation. 

Actually it was as close to 50/50 split as you could get.

Williams had one more carry and the same amount of catches.

Carter was the better RB but Williams was the better NFL prospect because he had the NFL body.

Carter isn't likely to be the workhorse, but I think he has a lot of potential as a PPR RB