Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The President's Cup @ Quail Hollow CC - Sept 20 - 25

I am sorry but after seeing these rosters, I am not sure thing is something I am excited about.

https://www.presidentscup.com/standings.html

Maybe it will change as I watch, but way too much good talent is missing.

PGA is dumb

the American side is pretty much exactly as it would be for any RC/PC. :dunno: Looking at their side, I see no reason for them to miss Koepka/Bryson and DJ might have been a solid team guy but meh. 

the real hit LIV has caused is to the international team for the PC.  Cam Smith / Niemann / Ancer / Oosty...... maybe even Leishman are guys you'd like to see playing for the internationals... but the president's cup has always felt meh to me. I still watch but it's just not the Ryder. 

Right now the Ryder is only losing out on... Poulter as a captains pick for theatrics? and eventually his presence as a captain? Paul Casey.... if healthy?

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

the American side is pretty much exactly as it would be for any RC/PC. :dunno: Looking at their side, I see no reason for them to miss Koepka/Bryson and DJ might have been a solid team guy but meh. 

the real hit LIV has caused is to the international team for the PC.  Cam Smith / Niemann / Ancer / Oosty...... maybe even Leishman are guys you'd like to see playing for the internationals... but the president's cup has always felt meh to me. I still watch but it's just not the Ryder. 

Right now the Ryder is only losing out on... Poulter as a captains pick for theatrics? and eventually his presence as a captain? Paul Casey.... if healthy?

Fatty Reed and Bryson would be great for the team.  Kepka and DJ are robots

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Fatty Reed and Bryson would be great for the team.  Kepka and DJ are robots

Fatty Reed is great for us fans, the duo of him and Spieth was great. Watching him go back and forth with Rory was great. He was our answer to Poulter..... but I highly doubt anyone in the team USA locker room actually wants him there. I doubt they want Bryson or Brooks there either.  I do get the feeling that even though DJ doesn't show much emotion, he's probably a good team guy.  He can at least bring Paula's hot friends and the coke 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

50/50 on if I’m going.  Only 3 hour drive away.  Never been to a Presidents or Ryder cup.  

I would go if it was that close to me and I had the chance. If you go you must wear a custom shirt with some sort of FFT secret message and try to get on tv. 

Admittedly, have never been able to get into the PC.

Not sure why, prolly bcoz of the lack of villains the other side always has. 

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I would go if it was that close to me and I had the chance. If you go you must wear a custom shirt with some sort of FFT secret message and try to get on tv. 

A shirt that says….. But did you win the Edex Cup?

7 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

A shirt that says….. But did you win the Edex Cup?

I was definitely thinking something to advertise EdEx. KSB goes on national tv and gives some advertisement. It might be our big ticket to Golf Ball Guys .com 

Is KSB in attendance? 

USA -750 favorites. On paper this is going to be boring. 

shocking pairings for USA :lol:

im a little surprised Pendrith isn't playing with Conners. 

16 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Is KSB in attendance? 

You think Tiger would let him out of the gimp suit long enough?

• Haha 1

All white pants for team USA? Let's pretend Labor Day doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Is KSB in attendance? 

No, it fell through.  :cry: 

have to much stuff going on anyway.  

you know what would make this much more fun.

Each team should have a nickname. 

Scott/Matsuyama could be JAP DOWN UNDER

Cantlay and Schaffle could be CANT FLEE

@Reality  I know how you feel about white pants on golfers.... The USA team outfits are embarrassing.. I feel like their pants are focking see through 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

@Reality  I know how you feel about white pants on golfers.... The USA team outfits are embarrassing.. I feel like their pants are focking see through 

Reality always struck me as a white belt kinda guy.

I am way to messy to wear white pants, but I do have a white golf belt. 

4 days of an event very few care about is way too damn long. This should be 3 max. 

9 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Is KSB in attendance? 

Update!@#!

May have a lead and more importantly a ride for Saturday.  💯

• Like 1

Scheffler sucks. Should be benched for the rest of play. Dude doesn't give a sh1t about golf. Since the Masters he has been mailing it in. The fact he started Tour Champ at -10 and lost tells the story. Focking stone faced loser

eta: If I were pig snout I would have kneecapped him for being the only team that lost opening matches. 

• Haha 1

stone face and pig nose... 

it's funny. I always cheer for team USA in the Ryder Cup but in the President's Cup i'm usually cheering for the international team. 

I guess in the Ryder, I am more into it and am obviously backing USA but since the President's is such an afterthought, I'd rather cheer for the underdog. Or maybe it's just been lately because USA has or has had so many unlikeable players?

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

it's funny. I always cheer for team USA in the Ryder Cup but in the President's Cup i'm usually cheering for the international team. 

I guess in the Ryder, I am more into it and am obviously backing USA but since the President's is such an afterthought, I'd rather cheer for the underdog. Or maybe it's just been lately because USA has or has had so many unlikeable players?

International team has Im a fat face focked and all the other fat faced asians.

Justin Thomas needs to be punched in the face. Who is likeable on the US side? Feenow? Cam Young seems to be a douche too.  Homa also has a punchable face. Hate the way he walks too. Stupid ass strut. Davis Love is a major douche

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

International team has Im a fat face focked and all the other fat faced asians.

Justin Thomas needs to be punched in the face. Who is likeable on the US side? Feenow? Cam Young seems to be a douche too.  Homa also has a punchable face. Hate the way he walks too. Stupid ass strut. Davis Love is a major douche

I like Kisner 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I like Kisner 

I love Kisner, dude has passion I like Burns and Morikawa. 

If I had a free swing with a 3 wood to connect with anyone's face on team USA, it would be Billy Horschel. I don't like him. 

On 9/12/2022 at 6:04 PM, bostonlager said:

GFIAFP

• Haha 1

This Presidents cup is such a bore, they need to tell us Tom Kim ripped his pants twice?  WTF????

"These guys can really putt"

I can putt too you piece of useless sh1t. 

who is sam burns?

5 minutes ago, taco breath said:

who is sam burns?

Pig snout

You all know me.. I always take things and make them better.

They need to do away with ties in the singles competition for the Ryder Cup and presidents cup. No reason they can't keep going and actually have some win. Ties are bullshit. Would really add pressure to it as well. 

I'd do away with all ties, but I think singles is a good place to start

I think theres enough pressure already.... and sometimes pressure to scratch out the half point. if a match is close going into singles, no one cares about halving. If one team is way back, i'm sure they would want no halves just for the slight chance to make a comeback

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I think theres enough pressure already.... and sometimes pressure to scratch out the half point. if a match is close going into singles, no one cares about halving. If one team is way back, i'm sure they would want no halves just for the slight chance to make a comeback

Ties are dumb in playoffs. This is as playoffs as it gets. Give me a winner. 

4 hours ago, edjr said:

You all know me.. I always take things and make them better.

They need to do away with ties in the singles competition for the Ryder Cup and presidents cup. No reason they can't keep going and actually have some win. Ties are bullshit. Would really add pressure to it as well. 

I'd do away with all ties, but I think singles is a good place to start

Maybe can do in singles, but bcoz of the rigorous time constraints of afternoon team sessions, not exactly feasible. 

11 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Anyone know the ratings for this were? Curious to see if anyone watched. 

ON DVR and fast forwarded the 1st 2 hours or more. 

Had it on the second screen most of the weekend, enjoyed it. Max Homa is awesome, good dude.