Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Barkley for CMC

Nope, I had Barkely third on my rb list. I would not. 

• Thanks 1

no.

If I had Barkley he wouldnt be going anywhere.

• Thanks 1

Tough one, I had them about even going into the season, which was do not draft.

After week 1 though, I would say go for it. Barkley had a big game so maybe he's healthy this season?

Nope, CMCs injury history is much more concerning than Barkleys.

Barkley is back. He tore his acl, missed a season and came back last year after missing all of camp. He struggled with a bad ankle and other typical injuries that occur after missing an entire training camp. The writing was on the wall for this bounce back season.

6 hours ago, bfros said:

If you could trade Barkley after his big week 1 for CMC would you? Half ppr. 

Nope. I traded out of the spot where I could have drafted CMC specifically to draft Saquon and Swift.

He wasn’t better Sunday. 

11 hours ago, craftsman said:

Both are a hope and a prayer to stay healthy.

CMC is the better player. 

Nope.

19 hours ago, bfros said:

If you could trade Barkley after his big week 1 for CMC would you? Half ppr. 

Yes.  Both have health issues... but McCaffrey has proven more when healthy.  I'll take the guy who's scored over 400 fantasy points.

I watched most of the Browns-Panthers game, and the way CMC was used was a little weird and different. I don’t think Baker is the best QB to maximize CMC’s value. He doesn’t like to check down. Barkley IS the offense In NY, so I’d roll with him this season. Plus as I’ve pointed out before, this is Barkley’s last chance for a huge payday. CMC already got his money..

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I watched most of the Browns-Panthers game, and they way CMC was used was a little weird and different. I don’t think Baker is the best QB to maximize CMC’s value. He doesn’t like to check down. Barkley IS the offense In NY, so I’d roll with him this season. Plus as I’ve pointed out before, this is Barkley’s last chance for a huge payday. CMC already got his money..

and I'll point out, I love getting players in contract years.

Most players usually find ways to put up some stats in their final year of their contract.

but even long term,  Barkley was billed as a potential generational player at the time he was drafted.    he missed a year due to ACL surgery, and the first year back was subpar (as is the way in the first year back from ACL surgery for most people)

none of this should have been surprising.

now that hes fully recovered, hes clearly back to his old self.   he looks the part of the player he was as a rookie.

the returns are early but I'd be inclined to stick with Barkley.

Barkley is an elite athlete... When he came out of college he was the best prospect since AD. But.... so is CMC. If both are healthy they are 1a and 1a

Whichever team you think will have more success would be what I base my decision on. 

I’m basing my decision on that fact that Barkley will out produce Mccaffery in ff this season. 

• Thanks 1