Sign in to follow this  
edjr

iOS 16 for Apple iPhone - Big doings happening

You can now edit texts post sending and if the other person has iOS 16 you can delete the text.

This is huge for those mornings you wake up and look at the phone like :o

Got the new Google Pro a few months ago for the 5G capability, I couldn't tell you a damn thing about any other improved feature/app/OS.  

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Got the new Google Pro a few months ago for the 5G capability, I couldn't tell you a damn thing about any other improved feature/app/OS.  

5G is trash.  My phone actually slows down when I get to 5G areas.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Big dongs happening

Well yes :wub: 

Putin will use one of these to text in his command for an all-out nuclear assault on NATO. I am certain of this.

• Sad 1

Did you do it yet? My phone has the option to update 15 or dlownload 16. I don't want to download 16 yet if it is crap. 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Did you do it yet? My phone has the option to update 15 or dlownload 16. I don't want to download 16 yet if it is crap. 

Yes. I skipped 15.7 for 16

• Thanks 1

Downloaded it yesterday, so far no problems. Using iPhone 12 pro. 👍🏻

11 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

5G is trash.  My phone actually slows down when I get to 5G areas.

Boomer moment 

My whole premise is wrong. You only have 15 minutes to delete/correct a text and both phones have to have iOS 16 :cry: 

12 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I’m 39 

You think 5G is slower than older networks. Total boomer moment.

My phone is like 4 years old and wasn't new at the time.  It is about time for a new one however.  If it were not for the internet on phones I would go back to a flip phone.  

I am 33 but get off my lawn anyway.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

You think 5G is slower than older networks. Total boomer moment.

5G is like Crypto. Young people ate it right up and got ripped off. 

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

5G is like Crypto. Young people ate it right up and got ripped off. 

90s bought in hook, line and sinker.  It's nothing close to what they talked it up to be at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

90s bought in hook, line and sinker.  It's nothing close to what they talked it up to be at the moment.

it is years away. People that upgraded to 5G plans got and are getting ripped off

I upgraded my XR to 16 today. Now I can finally wear the wear the iWatch my daughter bought me months ago. It wouldn’t sync with my phone before.

I guess I should get the iPhone 14 when it becomes available, but my XR works perfectly. I just don’t feel compelled to get the newer version. 

11 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Apple Watch 8 requires 16 iOS on the phone. . I wanted the watch for heart monitoring and other health features. 

That doesn’t sound right. Are you sure it’s just not some features?

On 9/14/2022 at 4:02 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

On 9/14/2022 at 4:12 PM, edjr said:

it is years away. People that upgraded to 5G plans got and are getting ripped off

Y'all are funny 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Y'all are funny 

Do you think we were making it up?  Do a little research and you'll see that we're right.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Do you think we were making it up?  Do a little research and you'll see that were right.

5G is fast as hell in Orlando. Maybe get outta the sticks.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

5G is fast as hell in Orlando. Maybe get outta the sticks.

I don't have 5G where I'm at and I'm glad.  It sucked for me every time I've been in a major city.  Takes forever to load a satellite view map.  WiFi and 4G has been much more reliable for me compared to 5G.

Once again, do a google search and you'll see we are not making this up.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't have 5G where I'm at and I'm glad.  It sucked for me every time I've been in a major city.  Takes forever to load a satellite view map.  WiFi and 4G has been much more reliable for me compared to 5G.

Once again, do a google search and you'll see we are not making this up.

So 5G sucks in a place where there is no 5G. Boomer moment, like I originally said.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

So 5G sucks in a place where there is no 5G. Boomer moment, like I originally said.

You're making yourself sound like a moron here.  I didn't say anything like that.  I've also said nothing about 5G being a scam.  Why do you refuse to do any research on this?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

You're making yourself sound like a moron here.  I didn't say anything like that.  I've also said nothing about 5G being a scam.  Why do you refuse to do any research on this?

You said 5G is slower. 5G isn't slower, it's that simple. 

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajdellinger/2021/02/28/feel-like-your-5g-network-is-slower-than-promised-you-arent-imagining-it/?sh=563394ed451a

However, 5G networks have not always outperformed 4G LTE in a significant way. In fact, Speedcheck found that in nearly 30 percent of cases, 5G provided either a marginal improvement in download speed or actually underperformed the 4G LTE network. In about 12 percent of tests, the latter was the case, with 5G offering speeds slower than the available 4G connection.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/why-is-my-5g-so-slow-comparing-the-hype-to-the-reality/

https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-5G/jnpweyldnpw/

There are also plenty of discussions in forums about how their 5G service is slower than their 4G service.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

🤡  I bet you also buy 2 ply TP

Yes, every mobile/internet company in the world is investing billions into 5G and it doesn't work. Yep, that's it.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yes, every mobile/internet company in the world is investing billions into 5G and it doesn't work. Yep, that's it.

Who said it doesn't work.  It just hasn't lived up to the hype yet.  It's not quite where it's suppose to be yet.  It's strange that you feel the need to defend it as if you have some major investment in it or something.  I'm sure there are places where it works amazing, it's not working the same everywhere though.

5G is head and shoulders better than 4G where I'm at.  If you're having trouble with your 5G try going into airplane mode for a few seconds and coming out of it.  What I found was the phone itself sucks at switching from 4G to 5G if you are going in and out of 5G areas.

7 hours ago, nobody said:

5G is head and shoulders better than 4G where I'm at.  If you're having trouble with your 5G try going into airplane mode for a few seconds and coming out of it.  What I found was the phone itself sucks at switching from 4G to 5G if you are going in and out of 5G areas.

That is why it is a scam. The switching between towers really sucks. Most people pay for 5G having no clue they are usually getting 4G