Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Trade Sutton for Lamb?

I think I'd hang onto sutton too

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bfros said:

With the Dak injury, would you try to get Lamb for Sutton? Or keep Sutton? Half ppr 

If you can get that done, it would be good for you--but good luck getting it done!

• Thanks 1

I’ll add that Jefferson, AJ Brown, and Pittman are my top 3 WRs. Sutton is my 4th. So I could afford to wait on Dak to use Lamb again with confidence 

Nice. Lamb or Sutton should always finish behind those 3 WRs most weeks this season. Even with a healthy Dak. Cant start 4 WRs can you?  Nice bye week fill in though. Wonder where you are thin.

17 minutes ago, bfros said:

I’ll add that Jefferson, AJ Brown, and Pittman are my top 3 WRs. Sutton is my 4th. So I could afford to wait on Dak to use Lamb again with confidence 

Until one gets hurt. Also not sure what Dak looks like when he's back. Don't get cute!

I would rather own Sutton.  

Contrarian here, but I think Lamb is the play here... especially for later in the year. Early could be good too if Rush can get the ball out early and keys on CeeDee... Gallup being back should help eventually. This offense isn't as dead as the pundits would let you believe, and Lamb is still an elite athlete. 

I would go for it. Lamb is the top WR in Dallas and Sutton has Jeudy to share targets with

Im about as big of a Ceedee skeptic as you'll find and even I would be on the Lamb side of that equation.

I would probably try for Lamb and hope for the best when Dak comes back.

I'm in a similar situation. I have Sutton as my #3 (Diggs/Pittman #1/#2). Thinking about offering Sutton for Dhop even though he is out another 5 games. I see Hopkins being a big part of the offense when he returns. 

Keep Sutton. 

22 hours ago, rallo said:

Contrarian here, but I think Lamb is the play here... especially for later in the year. Early could be good too if Rush can get the ball out early and keys on CeeDee... Gallup being back should help eventually. This offense isn't as dead as the pundits would let you believe, and Lamb is still an elite athlete. 

Yup.  Lamb is the better player.  I'm not sold on Wilson being what he used to be.  He's still way better than Rush, but I don't think he's elite or great anymore... "good" is where I'll put him.  Add that they also have Jeudy, Williams, Gordan, and Hamler... there are other options.  In Dallas, it's Lamb & Shultz.  That's it.  In Rush's start last year, Lamb did have 6 for 110 (or so), so it's not like he was a dog.  On top of that, Brandin Cooks isn't better than Lamb, but he's managed to put up a 90/1000/5 season last year with Davis Mills on Houston of all teams.  I'll gladly take Lamb at a discount.  I think Sutton is a solid player, but he's not Lamb.

Half ppr last week, Lamb with Dak and only Schultz scores 3.9 ff points. 

Last week with the avg Wilson and with Jeudy, Gordon, Williams and Hamler he scored 9 points. N

i don’t agree that Lamb is better it seems he has  lost length in his arms late last season, and last week.  

1 hour ago, drew76 said:

Sutton all day

Wise person you 

Sutton scored more ff  again today.   

Half ppr Lamb is now a wr4 , and dropping, ones opportunity to trade him is fading quickly. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Half ppr Lamb is now a wr4 , and dropping, ones opportunity to trade him is fading quickly. 

"...and dropping"?  He had 2 for 29 last week and 7 for 75 yesterday.  I think the word you're looking for is "rising".

Noah Brown appears to be the guy to target as he's apparently Rush's guy.

37 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Noah Brown appears to be the guy to target

This has been the case for the entire month of August, once we knew that Brown was the WR2 in the absence of Gallup and Washington.  I know Axe Elf pointed it out a few times, possibly others did too.  Glad you're caught up now.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Good thing Jeudy got hurt, eh?

No not at all, Sutton still out scored Lamb in ff even with Jeudy playing week one.  

"...and dropping"?  He had 2 for 29 last week and 7 for 75 yesterday.  I think the word you're looking for is "rising".

No I said dropping, Lamb had a wr1 adp, he’s now a wr4, dropping. 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No not at all, Sutton still out scored Lamb in ff even with Jeudy playing week one.  

Yeah, Lamb went up against a top 3 defense who was dominating at the line and Sutton played against one of the worst defenses in the league with his QB having all kinds of time to throw... and he still didn't put up big numbers (but Jeudy did).  Russell Wilson isn't what he was.  He can't get multiple people the ball.  Jeudy is a better WR than Sutton... not that Sutton is bad, but Jeudy is better and if Jeudy's on the field, he's the #1 option.  Lamb is always the #1 option.  That's a big difference.

Denver plays San Fran next week and Dallas plays the Giants.  If Jeudy is healthy, I expect Lamb to outproduce Sutton.

Would you still target him if you have/own Gallup on IR? 

2 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

Yes.  Rush works with Brown a lot because they run as the backups.  They're very familiar with each other.  Also, I never understood the love for Gallup.  He did have the one good year, when Zeke was a stud, the OLine was awesome, Cooper was still great, and Cobb was competant.  Now, you have a beaten up OLine, Zeke isn't what he was, and no one's scared of the pass or rush anymore with Rush in there.  I think Rush keeps targeting his guy until teams for him to get elsewhere.  Yeah, Brown's time may be short lived, like a few more weeks while they have some weak opponents.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes.  Rush works with Brown a lot because they run as the backups.  They're very familiar with each other.  Also, I never understood the love for Gallup.  He did have the one good year, when Zeke was a stud, the OLine was awesome, Cooper was still great, and Cobb was competant.  Now, you have a beaten up OLine, Zeke isn't what he was, and no one's scared of the pass or rush anymore with Rush in there.  I think Rush keeps targeting his guy until teams for him to get elsewhere.  Yeah, Brown's time may be short lived, like a few more weeks while they have some weak opponents.

Thank you. 

Yeah, Lamb went up against a top 3 defense who was dominating at the line and Sutton played against one of the worst defenses in the league with his QB having all kinds of time to throw... and he still didn't put up big numbers (but Jeudy did).  Russell Wilson isn't what he was.  He can't get multiple people the ball.  Jeudy is a better WR than Sutton... not that Sutton is bad, but Jeudy is better and if Jeudy's on the field, he's the #1 option.  Lamb is always the #1 option.  That's a big difference.

Denver plays San Fran next week and Dallas plays the Giants.  If Jeudy is healthy, I expect Lamb to outproduce Sutton.

Lamb isn’t even the top ff wr on his own team, and once Gallup returns he’ll fall farther behind.  

Wilson isn’t what he once was, but the Broncos wr2 is out producing the Cowboys top wr, even with a Qb that’s not up to par.  

Sure next week Lamb might out score Sutton in ff , it’s now Sutton 2, Lamb 0 , let’s hope it’s 2-1 for Lamb owners after next week, come on now let’s hope   

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, gridirongoofs said:

Keep Gallup.  

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

Lamb isn’t even the top ff wr on his own team, and once Gallup returns he’ll fall farther behind.  

Wilson isn’t what he once was, but the Broncos wr2 is out producing the Cowboys top wr, even with a Qb that’s not up to par.  

Sure next week Lamb might out score Sutton in ff , it’s now Sutton 2, Lamb 0 , let’s hope it’s 2-1 for Lamb owners after next week, come on now let’s hope   

Thanks. 

LOL, Gallup.

20 hours ago, weepaws said:

Isn't FF about predicting what's going to happen.  Why do I care what happened the last two weeks beyond it's usefulness in trying to predict what's going to happen.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, Gallup.

Hey you laugh now, But he’s is going to be their wr1 when he’s healthy. 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Isn't FF about predicting what's going to happen.  Why do I care what happened the last two weeks beyond it's usefulness in trying to predict what's going to happen.

So what’s going to happen next? 

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hey you laugh now, But he’s is going to be their wr1 when he’s healthy. 

You may end up being right, but I don't think it's going to happen.  I think it's a long shot.

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You may end up being right, but I don't think it's going to happen.  I think it's a long shot.

Really why? Not a loaded question, just wondering why you think it’s a long shot? Just not a Gallup fan? 

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Really why? Not a loaded question, just wondering why you think it’s a long shot? Just not a Gallup fan? 

He's done "fine" as a 3rd option in the past.  I don't think he's shown any such ability to be a #1.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

So what’s going to happen next? 

Ceedee outscores Sutton for the rest of the season.