Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

The Isiah Pacheco Thread

I do think this kid has potential to be something special.   No offense against the Scarlet Knights, but now he takes his physical tools to one of the best lines to run behind in the league. 

In preseason and action last Sunday he has looked phenomenal and nfl ready.   But i also think the Chiefs are perfectly fine taking their time with him and not rushing him into the starters role.   

But just one guys opinion, it's only a matter of time before he is the starter. 

Also, the perfect nickname, especially for fantasy purposes, is pa-cheat-code.  You're welcome. 

Great story 🤮

Just now, weepaws said:

Great story.  

I looked for round 7 instant fantasy analysis and nothing.   Nfl round 7 draft nothing.   Only place he is getting talked about is in ceh threads.   There will be a time he will have earned this, his own thread 

Looks like tyreek out the sporting number 10

Jamaal Charles 2.0?

4 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Jamaal Charles 2.0?

Darwin Thompson 2.0.

No wait, that was Derrick Gore.

But then Jerick McKinnon was kind of Darwin Thompson 2.5--he wasn't a rookie, but he was a big sleeper darling when he came to KC.

So Darwin Thompson 3.0?

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Darwin Thompson 2.0.

No wait, that was Derrick Gore.

But then Jerick McKinnon was kind of Darwin Thompson 2.5--he wasn't a rookie, but he was a big sleeper darling when he came to KC.

So Darwin Thompson 3.0?

Darwin Thompson has never shown this much early promise.   There are no guarantees, but plenty of reasons to be optimistic. 

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Darwin Thompson has never shown this much early promise.

Oh yes he did too.  He went crazy in a couple of preseason games and people were drafting him in the 6th round.

51 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I gotta admit, it is a small sample size but a nice body of work.  I like how he seems to take the smallest hole in the line and burst through it like he owns it.

if he continues to run like that he will start somewhere.  if not in KC then on another team

Fresh legs when he entered the game but he also looked like he was running angry and everyone loves that.

Maybe he spells CEH a little earlier in the game this week and we’ll see how he does when the game score is more competitive.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Oh yes he did too.  He went crazy in a couple of preseason games and people were drafting him in the 6th round.

Thompson never got significant game time action because he left Mahomes vulnerable.   I think the Chiefs trust pacheco's ability in pass protection a lot more.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Thompson never got significant game time action because he left Mahomes vulnerable.

Agreed, but he was every bit the preseason darling that Pacheco has been; probly moreso.

Pacheco could be the second coming of Barry Sanders, but CEH was still Mahomes' pick, ratified by Andy Reid, and they're going to give him every opportunity to succeed in this short controlled passing game.

Finding a treasure in Pacheco may mean that guys like Ronald Jones and Jerick McKinnon see the field less, perhaps even a LOT less, but barring injury or some kind of complete faceplant, CEH is going to be The Man in the Chiefs' backfield for the 2022 season.

CEH has to be considered a failure to this point in his NFL career.  He’s had his moments, but he hasn’t been anywhere close to the stud this offense could produce.  If Pacheco can establish himself as the better option, he’ll get the keys as the lead back.  That said, a healthy CEH isn’t going away and I wouldn’t overreact to Pacheco’s garbage time stats from week 1.

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

CEH has to be considered a failure to this point in his NFL career.

I don't think HE'S a failure so much as he's been under-utilized.  He had exactly 300 carries in his 2-year career coming into this season, but he boasts a healthy 4.4 career ypc.  Part of his light usage is because he's missed time in each of his two seasons--ten games total.

This year he's healthy and expected to be a bigger part of a passing offense that will feature more short underneath routes--including screens and dumpoffs to the RBs.  CEH only appeared in 10 games last year, but 23 targets is inexcusably low for a back of his talents (he caught 19).  He's on pace to nearly double that this season already, even with Pacheco taking over in the 4th Q.

I expect credible RB2 numbers from CEH this year, and high-end RB2 numbers in PPR leagues.

And if he doesn't do it this year, THEN he's a failure, because I'm pretty sure he's going to get every opportunity to shine in 2022.

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

CEH has to be considered a failure to this point in his NFL career.  He’s had his moments, but he hasn’t been anywhere close to the stud this offense could produce.  If Pacheco can establish himself as the better option, he’ll get the keys as the lead back.  That said, a healthy CEH isn’t going away and I wouldn’t overreact to Pacheco’s garbage time stats from week 1.

Based on his half ppr avg his first two seasons I would agree, but I do think that this seasons it’s all hands on deck for him this season, KC really needs for him to step up , but unless he’s a rb1 this season I still think one can call him a failure based on his round one draft pick.  

Nice post.  

I'm not blown away by the film.  He's got good vision and great burst!   There is definitely potential there!  

15 hours ago, polecatt said:

Jamaal Charles 2.0?

hell no.... that is an insult to one of the KC greats... I got a bridge to sell someone if they think JC is an apt comparison of talent to Pacheco

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Agreed, but he was every bit the preseason darling that Pacheco has been; probly moreso.

Pacheco could be the second coming of Barry Sanders, but CEH was still Mahomes' pick, ratified by Andy Reid, and they're going to give him every opportunity to succeed in this short controlled passing game.

Finding a treasure in Pacheco may mean that guys like Ronald Jones and Jerick McKinnon see the field less, perhaps even a LOT less, but barring injury or some kind of complete faceplant, CEH is going to be The Man in the Chiefs' backfield for the 2022 season.

all of this.  better than Darwin but that's not saying much.  He doesn't break tackles or force missed tackles anything above average.  If Clyde gets injured best case Pacheco can hope for is that D. Williams time share role from last year.  

Shhhh KC fans are very sensitive. 

19 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

The hype train has slowed.    LOL   

thats what happens when the player does not play.   My guess is he missed a blocking assignment somewhere and got the bench.   you have a 35 million dollar QB you cant afford a RB who misses blocking assignments and gets your starting QB killed.

this happens with rookie RB's 

he hasnt played but it still looks like CEH got only 50% of the carries. (8 out of 16 not including Mahomes runs)

so while his numbers are good given the number of touches, the smaller number of touches makes me think if this kid gets his act together and plays well, the starting job might be available at some point for him.

I'd guess its not happening today but maybe by mid season.

that said.... CEH had some nice plays in week 1 and 2.   maybe hes earned more touches himself.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Shhhh KC fans are very sensitive. 

I'm a KC fan.... for the level of hype he's gotten since training camp began, he's average at best.  

Running Mecole on jetsweep end arounds on 3 and 1 sucks too....especially after Clyde was breaking off 6-7 yard chunks.  Mecole is soft and is a track star, not a star wideout.  

where the hell was Juju last night??  

plenty of critical commentary, I could keep going... no sign of Jackson Mahomes so far this year....that is excellent news and probably why Patrick is the #1 QB in ff right now 😎

I actually said he isn't getting a ton of time yet, but someone I would keep an eye on.  And now the expectation is there are crickets because he wasn't heavily involved?  

Wasn't the expectation at all. 

19 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I'm a KC fan.... for the level of hype he's gotten since training camp began, he's average at best.  

Running Mecole on jetsweep end arounds on 3 and 1 sucks too....especially after Clyde was breaking off 6-7 yard chunks.  Mecole is soft and is a track star, not a star wideout.  

where the hell was Juju last night??  

plenty of critical commentary, I could keep going... no sign of Jackson Mahomes so far this year....that is excellent news and probably why Patrick is the #1 QB in ff right now 😎

No based on avg Mahomes is number 4 right now.  

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I actually said he isn't getting a ton of time yet, but someone I would keep an eye on.  And now the expectation is there are crickets because he wasn't heavily involved?  

Wasn't the expectation at all. 

Did you keep an eye on him? 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, cmh6476 said:

Looks like tyreek out the sporting number 10

They just need to line him up at WR 10 times a game.

🤩

welp.. its sad to say, but its probably time to cut him, and or Sky Moore.. theyre taking bench spots, and my starters are so amazingly mediocre its breath taking.

1 hour ago, [echo] said:

welp.. its sad to say, but its probably time to cut him, and or Sky Moore.

Even sadder to say that it was probably never time to draft him in the first place.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Even sadder to say that it was probably never time to draft him in the first place.

True, Mr. Elf.  True.  Any suggestions on something to look at?.. 14 team, ppr.. cubbard is bare

1 hour ago, [echo] said:

True, Mr. Elf.  True.  Any suggestions on something to look at?.. 14 team, ppr.. cubbard is bare

Not really; I'm sure there are nothing but longshots similar to Pacheco on the wire at RB in a 14 team league, but you know, if Derrick Henry is available...

Damien Williams might still hold some value in a month, but he got a lot more iffy opening the window for the rookie with this rib thing.

2 hours ago, [echo] said:

Is D Williams with Zona available? 

31 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Is D Williams with Zona available? 

taken.. i just traded for Michael Carter, whos not glorious, but catches the ball, and only gave up Nico Collins

Good move, how about J Williams of the Lions.