Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

Here's a list of states and localities that consider themselves sanctuary cities/counties. 

https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Counties-and-States

Although the state of Massachusetts identifies as a sanctuary state, Dukes County inside Massachusetts, where Martha's Vineyard is located, has not doubled down as a sanctuary county.

Since Massachusetts is a sanctuary state and since all my/our life/lives, I've/we've known of Martha's Vineyard's reputation as the residence of extreme upscale liberal elites and politicians who are generally the ones who back open border polices, that is undoubtedly why it was chosen. Local officials there were not made aware that they were going to be the destination of two planes full of migrants until the migrants landed at their airport. If the local officials have been reading the news, they'd surely know that Florida and Texas have been sending out these buses and planes to sanctuary states and cities around the country. With their location in a sanctuary state and reputation a hometown for elite NIMBY left wing politicians, they might have suspected they would be targets at some point.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

When they have to deal with it without being notified they'll realize the chaos that is caused by having an open border.  They need to understand this so that they shut down the border.  

Yeah. It's like voting for 'A' but expecting 'B' after you won the vote. 

Good to know that libs expect podunk border towns to get a heads up whenever a sh1tload of illegals are coming their way.  It wouldn't be HUMANE if they didn't.

5 hours ago, DonS said:

Good to know that libs expect podunk border towns to get a heads up whenever a sh1tload of illegals are coming their way.  It wouldn't be HUMANE if they didn't.

I'm not a liberal. My original post in this thread stated I think it's great that virtue signaling sanctuary cities have to deal with the immigration crisis, just as border towns have to. But in doing so, some coordination should take place between the cities so that they can prepare. Because people are so partisan, this is considered to be a liberal viewpoint.

If this is your stance, then it has nothing to do with relieving border towns of immigrants and has everything to do with sticking it to those that differ from you politically.

• Like 3

When it comes time to bear the burden, liberals want no part of that. Someone else always has to carry the load for them.

These cowards get a tiny taste of what the border states are facing and they wilt. Keep it up Abbot and Desantis....keeep....it....up....

16 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You don't think it was meant solely to stick it to the democrats?

Solely, no, primarily, probably.  Given the lack of federal dollars flowing into the border communities and states overwhelmed by the costs of this phenomenon Iwould say one motivation, or partial motivation is to spread that costs to others.  Another motivation is educational, though no doubt with an edge to stick it to them.  The primary motivation, however, made plan by the public posturing by officials, is to stick it to them.  If this was in any manner more about cost sharing and edication that could be accomplished without public statements and inviting the media to watch the arrivals.

Were they asylum seekers or illegal immigrants? If they are the former they are not here illegally which makes this whole stunt just that

I am fine with this and think it needs ramped up until the border policy changes to be more inline with the historical normal.

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Were they asylum seekers or illegal immigrants? If they are the former they are not here illegally which makes this whole stunt just that

So where are the asylum seekers supposed to go? And did you ask the same question when they were being flown in to the interior of the county by the Biden admin? No, you did not. 

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am fine with this and think it needs ramped up until the border policy changes to be more inline with the historical normal.

I don't have a big issue with it either.  Something needs to be done about this but I can't help but shake my head at the theatrics of it all.  I'm tired of the back and forth between the left and right.

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So where are the asylum seekers supposed to go? And did you ask the same question when they were being flown in to the interior of the county by the Biden admin? No, you did not. 

You don't know what I asked. You don't even know where you are at or what day it is

Poor libs, still arguing that people inviting Illegals to their state, doesn't mean they want illegals in their state.

56 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

LMAO...the dude who always reverts to "you have no proof of" or "show me where" flys in with this sh!t.  You can't make this stuff up.  

16 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

LMAO...the dude who always reverts to "you have no proof of" or "show me where" flys in with this sh!t.  You can't make this stuff up.  

So you can't answer the question? 

Good job clowning yourself. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

🤣🤣🤣

Don't ever change.  You're one of the few sources of entertainment here.🍻

34 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Poor libs, still arguing that people inviting Illegals to their state, doesn't mean they want illegals in their state.

It's routine for them at this point. They get amazed and flustered at being called out for the obvious.  

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

🤣🤣🤣

Don't ever change.  You're one of the few sources of entertainment here.🍻

Still no answer I see.

Maybe you are still trying to figure out how Twitter works?

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

It's routine for them at this point. They get amazed and flustered at being called out for the obvious.  

Right on queue. According to Biden, it looks like republican's in Texas are supposed to be solely responsible for housing and feeding and giving medical attention to the near 4 million illegals that came through the border since Biden took office. Even though they voted against open borders and the democrats voted for them. 

Biden lashes out at Republicans for their move to hold Democrats accountable for border crisis

During an address at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gala, Biden accused Republicans of "playing politics" and using migrants as "props" after dozens of migrants were sent to Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts and to Vice President Kamala Harris’ residence in Washington, D.C.

And I don't get the whole "The border is secure!! It's Trump's fault the process isn't working!!!!!" that keeps getting spouted by him and the whole of the liberal party.

TRUMP!!!!! :mad:

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Still no answer I see.

Maybe you are still trying to figure out how Twitter works?

You're right.  Fuehrer De Santis' flights were full of asylum seekers and the MSM is calling them migrants.  How silly of me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

What difference does it make what their status is? They need a place to stay. Where should that be? Watch: They were granted an asylum hearing. Ok. Where do they stay? They are here illegally. Ok. Where do they stay? What a stupid question. 

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You're right.  Fuehrer De Santis' flights were full of asylum seekers and the MSM is calling them migrants.  How silly of me.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What difference does it make what their status is? They need a place to stay. Where should that be? Watch: They were granted an asylum hearing. Ok. Where do they stay? They are here illegally. Ok. Where do they stay? What a stupid question. 

If they are asylum seekers- they are not here illegally. 

HTH. Maybe you guys could spend some time in reality. 

This area was sent "50 individuals" of 4 million allowed into the country so far and it's a "Humanitarian Crisis" at Martha's Vineyard. :lol:

These focking idiots. What would they do if they got 100,000? Sell their homes and move?

"To our Island community, here is an update on current humanitarian crisis on Martha's Vineyard....we thank people for their continued help," the account wrote.

12 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I think it's reasonable to notify cities that immigrants are coming so that they can prepare. I don't see the downside.

Just spit balling.

Let's say Abbott calls up Philadelphia and says, "Hey, you guys are a sanctuary city, so I'm sending 200 migrants up to you in 5 days.  Just a head's up, thanks."  The mayor calls the governor who calls the White House and they send the Feds down to Texas to block every transport out of the centers where the migrants are staying to ensure they're not leaving the state.

Then what?

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I can see how your curiosity is peaked by how the MSM reporting this.  Keep digging Sherlock.  

• Like 1

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Just spit balling.

Let's say Abbott calls up Philadelphia and says, "Hey, you guys are a sanctuary city, so I'm sending 200 migrants up to you in 5 days.  Just a head's up, thanks."  The mayor calls the governor who calls the White House and they send the Feds down to Texas to block every transport out of the centers where the migrants are staying to ensure they're not leaving the state.

Then what?

That would be an absolute given. Hell, Newsome in California is already calling for the DOJ to indict republicans such as Abbott and DeSantis for kidnapping. 

Good ole Brad never thinks things through.

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You still don’t get it. They still need a place to stay, and services. Where should that be? 

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Just spit balling.

Then what?

Centers? They are being caught and released with a court date they won’t show up for. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You still don’t get it. They still need a place to stay, and services. Where should that be? 

That's part of the process and many stay with family already here. It's also something the federal government can solve. It doesn't need to be turned into a political stunt to move people to an area to prove some weak point or get empty heads to cheer it on. 

I thought this little bimbo was all for letting in illegals. :lol:

AOC suggests Texas Gov. Abbott should retire after transporting migrants to Washington DC

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That's part of the process and many stay with family already here. It's also something the federal government can solve. It doesn't need to be turned into a political stunt to move people to an area to prove some weak point or get empty heads to cheer it on. 

They willingly take the ride. If they had a family to go to elsewhere, they would go there, ya think? There’s hundreds of thousands of these people. Do you not understand that? They all aren’t shacking up with family. And even if they are, why should those places have to take on the burden? Why should those schools get more crowded? And have to hire more teachers. And feed these kids. Why are you so against everyone chipping in? 

8k a day. And they’re all going to stay at uncle Pablo’s mansion. Ok. 

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They willingly take the ride. If they had a family to go to elsewhere, they would go there, ya think? There’s hundreds of thousands of these people. Do you not understand that? They all aren’t shacking up with family. And even if they are, why should those places have to take on the burden? Why should those schools get more crowded? And have to hire more teachers. And feed these kids. Why are you so against everyone chipping in? 

You just willingly gobble up everything the MAGA land tells you.

Lost cause you are. 

3 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I'm not a liberal. My original post in this thread stated I think it's great that virtue signaling sanctuary cities have to deal with the immigration crisis, just as border towns have to. But in doing so, some coordination should take place between the cities so that they can prepare. Because people are so partisan, this is considered to be a liberal viewpoint.

If this is your stance, then it has nothing to do with relieving border towns of immigrants and has everything to do with sticking it to those that differ from you politically.

You've been given multiple valid reasons why Desantis/Abbott may not be notifying these destination cities that the immigrants are coming.  You may not agree with those reasons but that doesn't invalidate them.  Your refusal to acknowledge them shows the bias you're suggesting you don't have.  Whether you're technically a liberal or not, you're ACTING like one regarding this issue. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You just willingly gobble up everything the MAGA land tells you.

Lost cause you are. 

Right. But you can’t answer a simple question. Please, enlighten me with your vast knowledge.  Where are the supposed to go? Even if as you fantasize that they go to family, it’s still a burden on those locales. So why not spread out the burden? But you can’t answer it. They didn’t give you that answer. You thought what immigration category they are in makes a difference. It doesn’t. Still need food, shelter and services. That’s not MAGA. That’s reality. 

• Thanks 3

I just learned there are no vineyards in Martha's Vineyard.  Maybe the insufficiently documented asylum seekers thought there was work there and that's why they agreed to go.  Now, once there, they find no harvesting work.  Such a cruel trick on them.  Fortunately they are being fully embraced by a supportive community.

Hint to those in the third world. The streets here are not paved in gold and the land does not flow with milk and honey, which would be damn messy anyhow.  Hell, our store shelfs do not even flow with infant formula nor sanitary wipes.  Don't come here!

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Right. But you can’t answer a simple question. Please, enlighten me with your vast knowledge.  Where are the supposed to go? Even if as you fantasize that they go to family, it’s still a burden on those locales. So why not spread out the burden? But you can’t answer it. They didn’t give you that answer. You thought what immigration category they are in makes a difference. It doesn’t. Still need food, shelter and services. That’s not MAGA. That’s reality. 

You can Google the process of how this stuff works. Try it sometime. You can Google the realities of illegal immigration versus asylum seekers and what the numbers actually point to. Try it sometime. 

And you say "why not spread out the burden?" If their family is in Texas why can't they go to Texas to be with their family? 

You are ill equipped research wise, or intellectually, for this conversation (and really every conversation you ever have). 

11 hours ago, Gepetto said:

This is how illegal immigration works.  You don't get notification.  Deal with the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a problem  Diversity is our strength!

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

57 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

My understanding is that they all went willingly.  Do you understand differently?  That's the only reason I can see for you seeming so obtuse on this subject.  :dunno:

Edit:  well, another reason is that the MSM is filling your head with words like "inhumane!"