Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's not a problem  Diversity is our strength!

My understanding is that they all went willingly.  Do you understand differently?  That's the only reason I can see for you seeming so obtuse on this subject.  :dunno:

Edit:  well, another reason is that the MSM is filling your head with words like "inhumane!"

First off- give it a rest with the MSM sh!t. I don't watch nor care what the MSM says as I'm perfectly capable to read multiple sources from all political sides and deduce my own ideas. If you can't don't project that onto me.

I did read they went "willingly" but I, nor you, know what conversations were had that led to that. And furthermore, of course if someone is an illegal immigrant or asylum seeker they will willingly take a free trip somewhere. But again- people are conflating terms here. An illegal immigrant I have no problem calling them out and shipping them back but DeSantis didn't do that- he gave them access deeper into the country which creates a problem for the whole country but allows him to score political points. And it worked because people here are having a circle jerk over it all. This was all an optics move that lacked substance. 

The reality is flying them from Texas to Martha's Vineyard didn't solve anything. It didn't pass on the problem to someone else. It deepened a problem already there. It'd be great if some of you would learn to eliminate politics and see these things for the theatrics they are designed to be. 

Mooney thinks someone that walked here from Guatemala got on a plane to where their family isn’t. So their family in Texas wasn’t expecting them? 

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

First off- give it a rest with the MSM sh!t. I don't watch nor care what the MSM says as I'm perfectly capable to read multiple sources from all political sides and deduce my own ideas. If you can't don't project that onto me.

I did read they went "willingly" but I, nor you, know what conversations were had that led to that. And furthermore, of course if someone is an illegal immigrant or asylum seeker they will willingly take a free trip somewhere. But again- people are conflating terms here. An illegal immigrant I have no problem calling them out and shipping them back but DeSantis didn't do that- he gave them access deeper into the country which creates a problem for the whole country but allows him to score political points. And it worked because people here are having a circle jerk over it all. This was all an optics move that lacked substance. 

The reality is flying them from Texas to Martha's Vineyard didn't solve anything. It didn't pass on the problem to someone else. It deepened a problem already there. It'd be great if some of you would learn to eliminate politics and see these things for the theatrics they are designed to be. 

So... you have no evidence that these people were coerced or threatened if they didn't go, but you believe it anyway?  How centrist of you.

The reality is that flying them solved the problem of too many illegals and/or refugees in Texas.  Where would you have them be sent, if not Martha's Vineyard?  Or is your issue merely that the border states should suck it up and support as many as we let in?

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You can Google the process of how this stuff works.

36 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You just willingly gobble up everything the MAGA land tells you.

Lost cause you are. 

Mooney:  Answer the questions!  I asked you first! 

Also Mooney:  im not answering. Go Google stuff yourself

• Thanks 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

So... you have no evidence that these people were coerced or threatened if they didn't go, but you believe it anyway?  How centrist of you.

The reality is that flying them solved the problem of too many illegals and/or refugees in Texas.  Where would you have them be sent, if not Martha's Vineyard?  Or is your issue merely that the border states should suck it up and support as many as we let in?

No. I'm saying I have no proof they were coerced (I never said that anyway) and you have no proof they weren't. So it's a stalemate- yet you seem willing to just buy into the other side yet accuse me of being. I recognize that you guys don't understand what a centrist is though. It's been made readily apparent the past few years. 

I said what the issue is- you can see it. It has nothing to do with Texas or Martha's Vineyard or blue states or red states. It's all about seeing that as theater and nothing else. It was a way for DeSantis to do something that has the illusion of "making it someone else's problem" when in reality it makes the problem harder to solve. But again- it worked cause everyone is pleasuring themselves over it here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Mooney:  Answer the questions!  I asked you first! 

Also Mooney:  im not answering. Go Google stuff yourself

Of course you would defend the person in HT who doesn't want to do any research. You failed at that too. 

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Sorry, they did a very good job with this one, and that is not common for Repubs, usually the crafty underhanded sh!t is really a liberal strength.

In this instance Abbot appears to have guessed every tactic the liberals would take, and had something in place to deal with it. 

These liberal nutjobs are stuck.  The WH cannot admit the problem because they have been lying for months and trying to pretend it didnt exist. Now that these liberal locations have been posturing as being the moral highground and get a tiny fraction of what the border states have endured they cry like the little b!tches they are...

They cannot get any help because again, it would be an admission of the problem and then the border states would demand help too.  They have really focked themselves on this one.

So now alllllll those virtue signalling twats have to face up to their words, and they dont like it....too bad.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Of course you would defend the person in HT who doesn't want to do any research. You failed at that too. 

Research on what? The asylum process? They get taken in, registered and given a notice to appear and released. What important part of the process am I missing? I think I covered the relevant parts. 

18 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No. I'm saying I have no proof they were coerced (I never said that anyway) and you have no proof they weren't. So it's a stalemate- yet you seem willing to just buy into the other side yet accuse me of being. I recognize that you guys don't understand what a centrist is though. It's been made readily apparent the past few years. 

I said what the issue is- you can see it. It has nothing to do with Texas or Martha's Vineyard or blue states or red states. It's all about seeing that as theater and nothing else. It was a way for DeSantis to do something that has the illusion of "making it someone else's problem" when in reality it makes the problem harder to solve. But again- it worked cause everyone is pleasuring themselves over it here. 

Wait, what?!  If I say there may be a man on the dark side of the moon, or that Atlantis and Bigfoot and Nessie exist today, those are valid theories which lead to a stalemate?  What if I suspect that shotgunning 100M+ ballots out to unvetted people who didn't request them, and returning them to unmonitored drop boxes, could introduce some election irregularities, is that valid?  You can't disprove any of those things after all.  :dunno: 

If evidence comes out that they were coerced we can have that discussion.  Until then I think it's reasonable to presume that they found 50 people from many thousands who went willingly.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Centers? They are being caught and released with a court date they won’t show up for. 

Well, there's still kids in cages aren't there?  I know that while Biden is in office, and Obama built and used them, it's not an issue, but they have to be somewhere, right?  How else are DeSantis and Abbott sending them elsewhere?

55 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My understanding is that they all went willingly.

Your understanding could have been improved with a Google search of “Martha’s Vineyard.”

Migrants in the group said they’d agreed to fly to Massachusetts on the promise of jobs and assistance but didn’t realize they were bound for Martha’s Vineyard. No one on the island knew they were coming and, according to their attorneys, they’d been given falsified U.S. addresses by immigration officials, perhaps ensuring that they’d be deemed in the country illegally.

And…

The group of migrants, Self said, were being asked to appear in jurisdictions near homeless shelters all across the country as early as next Monday. She said the migrants were essentially “kidnapped.” 

“There is no other reason to list as someone’s mailing address a homeless shelter in Tacoma, Washington when they ship him to Massachusetts. It is sickeningly cruel throwing obstacles in the way of people fleeing violence and oppression, some of whom walked through 10 countries in the hopes of finding safety,” Self said. “It is shameful and inhuman. Many of these victims were deprived of medical care despite clear existing injuries. These are human beings who were deprived of basic human rights.”

And…

The migrants said a woman they identified as "Perla" approached them outside the shelter and lured them into boarding the plane, saying they would be flown to Boston where they could get expedited work papers. She provided them with food. The migrants said Perla was still trying to recruit more passengers just hours before their flight.

They were lied to and listed with an address thousands of miles away to make it difficult or impossible for them to get a court date. This is about taking a 💩 on immigrants to appeal to the xenophobic “base” of voters relied upon by DeSantis and Abbott. With a bit of “owning the libs” thrown in by sending them to areas with liberal governments.

Judging from the responses I’m seeing, it’s working. Question is: will this cruelty inspire the “base” more than it repulses others?

50 illegals roasting to death in the back of a truck- meh

50 asylum seekers safely flown to MV in an air conditioned plane with sodas- inhumane. 

• Like 1

Just now, dogcows said:

Your understanding could have been improved with a Google search of “Martha’s Vineyard.”

And…

And…

They were lied to and listed with an address thousands of miles away to make it difficult or impossible for them to get a court date. This is about taking a 💩 on immigrants to appeal to the xenophobic “base” of voters relied upon by DeSantis and Abbott. With a bit of “owning the libs” thrown in by sending them to areas with liberal governments.

Judging from the responses I’m seeing, it’s working. Question is: will this cruelty inspire the “base” more than it repulses others?

I don't know... I recall liberals in sanctuary cities/states always claiming that they'll be happy to take them in, give them jobs and housing.  Are you now saying that they were lying?  If not, then what the migrants were told is true.  Which is it?  The liberals lied then... or now?

10 minutes ago, dogcows said:

And…

And…

Millions flowing into Texas is no crisis. 50 going to Marthas Vineyard is a full blown crisis. 

Focking liberals are so ignorant. 

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

And…

And…

I don't see the relevance of the Tacoma part:  Washington, Texas, Florida, all are far from MA, and neither are their "address."  Their address is some place 10 countries away.

I've already said, if your Perla thing shakes out, that's a discussion we could have.  

Looks like from your last quote that they were "migrants," aka illegals, not asylum seekers.  Just trying to get our facts straight.  :cheers: 

the fbi will soon raid the offices of desantis and abbott looking for evidence they are racist.  then try to shame them from office or put on a show trial in some star chamber and arrest both.  biden will select the Rock as GOP nominee for president to heal the nation.

republicans are not standing up for what is happening to trump.  that is giving biden and the fbi permission to start doing it to all elected republicans.  they will do it desantis and abbott.  then they will do it to you and i. if you dont stand up for your rights, they dont exist.

32 minutes ago, dogcows said:

And…

And…

I hope you are able to find some instance where one of these folks was forced......JUST so I can respond with "its not widespread" or "its a Democrat talking point" or any one of the other simpering points liberals use to explain away their bad actions. 

Fair is fair and what not 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't see the relevance of the Tacoma part:  Washington, Texas, Florida, all are far from MA, and neither are their "address."  Their address is some place 10 countries away.

I've already said, if your Perla thing shakes out, that's a discussion we could have.  

Looks like from your last quote that they were "migrants," aka illegals, not asylum seekers.  Just trying to get our facts straight.  :cheers: 

1. The way the system works, the address on the form determines the jurisdiction where you need to make a court appearance. So putting an address in Tacoma, then shipping the person to Massachusetts? Real nice...

2. Multiple migrants were interviewed and mentioned the same person. Multiple reporters independently interviewed people and that name came up, as did consistent stories of lies told to the migrants about what was happening and where they were going.

3. No, “migrant” is not the same as “illegal immigrant.” Illegal immigrant is a subset of migrants, as are asylum seekers and legal migrants. A similar concept? Every square is a rectangle, but every rectangle is not a square.

19 minutes ago, dogcows said:

1. The way the system works, the address on the form determines the jurisdiction where you need to make a court appearance. So putting an address in Tacoma, then shipping the person to Massachusetts? move.

2. Multiple migrants were interviewed and mentioned the same person. Multiple reporters independently interviewed people and that name came up, as did consistent stories of lies told to the migrants about what was happening.

3. No, “migrant” is not the same as “illegal immigrant.” Illegal immigrant is a subset of migrants, as are asylum seekers and legal migrants. A similar concept? Every square is a rectangle, but every rectangle is not a square.

They all gotta eat , go to the bathroom, and go to school and get out of the cold, and go to the doctor/hospital. Who’s taking care of that? 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Did anyone actually think DeSantis' humanitarian gesture would be acceptable to the libs? 

its over for desantis.  democrats will flee from him and republicans will cave. 

:lol:

EpochTV host Hans Mahncke tweeted, "’humanitarian crisis’ The pearl clutching over a situation which the pearl clutchers themselves created and yearned for is so totally off the charts that even terminal stage TDS sufferers should be able to recognize it."

Turns out DeSantis spent $615K of Florida taxpayer money to fly 50 people from Texas to Massachusetts.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Turns out DeSantis spent $615K of Florida taxpayer money to fly 50 people from Texas to Massachusetts.

$12k is a bargain!  If they stayed, they would each cost millions!  Great job Desantis!

14 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

$12k is a bargain!  If they stayed, they would each cost millions!  Great job Desantis!

Uh the point is, in addition to the cost, they weren’t in Florida to begin with. So… how does that help Florida? 

My neighbor had his in-laws come over last night with their kids. They’re staying at least through the weekend. We are current going through a humanitarian crisis in the neighborhood. 

34 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

If there’s one person I’m going to believe when it comes to something negative about desantis, it’s charlie focking crist. 

20 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Uh the point is, in addition to the cost, they weren’t in Florida to begin with. So… how does that help Florida? 

its a humanitarian crisis.  florida wants to help texas.  if a hurricane hits texas, would you get mad if florida sent them money to help too?  where is your heart?

yah, thats what weve learned today.

dogcows doesnt want to people or governments to send money and aid to others in a humanitarian crisis. 

nice attitude.

GFY

doesnt matter if the story is true or not.  we know dogcows sucks.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

:lol:  Comes from 12 million coronavirus budget.  So YOU paid for it!  

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Wait, what?!  If I say there may be a man on the dark side of the moon, or that Atlantis and Bigfoot and Nessie exist today, those are valid theories which lead to a stalemate?  What if I suspect that shotgunning 100M+ ballots out to unvetted people who didn't request them, and returning them to unmonitored drop boxes, could introduce some election irregularities, is that valid?  You can't disprove any of those things after all.  :dunno: 

If evidence comes out that they were coerced we can have that discussion.  Until then I think it's reasonable to presume that they found 50 people from many thousands who went willingly.

So presume because it fits your side? Got it...why let the possibility of other facts get in the way :dunno:

But you got to trot out other examples that don't hold any water. Good for you

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Did anyone actually think DeSantis' humanitarian gesture would be acceptable to the libs? 

So your argument he did this as a humane thing for them?

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

To play devil's advocate here, that fund is specifically set aside for moving out migrants.  So...

The FBI will bust down DeSantis' door very very soon!!!!

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article265879831.html

Newsom calls for U.S. inquiry into DeSantis and migrant flight to Martha’s Vineyard
By Jenavieve Hatch Updated September 15, 2022 7:02 PM

Gov. Gavin Newsom called Thursday for a U.S. Department of Justice investigation into Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ decision to fly several immigrant families to Martha’s Vineyard. “This is nothing more than a stunt, but it’s done with the cruel intention to humiliate and dehumanize children no older than the governor’s children themselves,” Newsom said in an interview with The Sacramento Bee editorial board. “It’s a disgrace, it’s repugnant, and, I would argue, it’s illegal.” Newsom sent a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland Thursday, imploring him to investigate any potential criminal or civil violations, particularly any “charges of kidnapping” after alleged “fraudulent inducement.”

They will go a Few Good Men on DeSantis.  "Santiago was not to be touched.  You flew them out of state!  Who ordered the code red?????"