Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

The Official 2022 Board Bets/Predictions Thread

Lots of discussion on here always back and forth between great posters (yes even AxeElf) about how we see things playing out in the football season. So let's start a thread where we can create a repository for the bets and predictions we make throughout the year.

Here are a few to get us started.

TBay and I have a bet on Trevor Lawrence being a top 14 QB this year. If he is 14 or higher I win, 15 or lower and TBay wins. Currently Lawrence is 23rd.

Axe Elf said CeeDee Lamb would outscore Terry McLaurin by 61 points this season. So far McLaurin is on top.

AxeElf also said Derrick Henry would be the #1 RB in fantasy. So far he is not.

AxeElf said Kmet/Ertz/Goedert would stay close to Mark Andrews in points. He never specified what is "close" so he may need to clarify.

Lastly, AxeElf and I were trying to make some bet about IDPs. I offered a ton of concessions and AxeElf still tucked tail and ran on it. So we can close the book on this one. 

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Axe Elf said CeeDee Lamb would outscore Terry McLaurin by 61 points this season. So far McLaurin is on top.

Context, my little baboon, context.

AxeElf also said Derrick Henry would be the #1 RB in fantasy. So far he is not.

Wow, you gave that a whole week before you made the call?  lol

AxeElf said Kmet/Ertz/Goedert would stay close to Mark Andrews in points. He never specified what is "close" so he may need to clarify.

Within 100.

Lastly, AxeElf and I were trying to make some bet about IDPs. I offered a ton of concessions and AxeElf still tucked tail and ran on it. So we can close the book on this one.

A "bet" in which this poosie wouldn't send money over the internet.  And when you made it clear you wouldn't "bet" for money, it was axually Axe Elf who closed the book on that one when after ten posts I still couldn't get you to differentiate the situation in which we were making the bet--a league that started 2 IDPs--and another situation involving a league with 7 IDPs.  I only have time to teach fantasy football.  You'll have to learn reading comprehension on your own and then get back to me.

This isn't even a "board bets" thread; it's a thinly veiled "mock Axe Elf" thread.

I'm putting you in the Ignore bin with Weepaws.  This will be my last response to you, as you have nothing of value to say, nothing of substance to axe, and nothing but nonsense for arguments.  You will no longer be blessed by Axe Elf assistance in fantasy football, except that which you gain through osmosis when Axe Elf helps others.

Buh-bye.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Context, my little baboon, context.

Wow, you gave that a whole week before you made the call?  lol

Within 100.

A "bet" in which this poosie wouldn't send money over the internet.  And when you made it clear you wouldn't "bet" for money, it was axually Axe Elf who closed the book on that one when after ten posts I still couldn't get you to differentiate the situation in which we were making the bet--a league that started 2 IDPs--and another situation involving a league with 7 IDPs.  I only have time to teach fantasy football.  You'll have to learn reading comprehension on your own and then get back to me.

This isn't even a "board bets" thread; it's a thinly veiled "mock Axe Elf" thread.

I'm putting you in the Ignore bin with Weepaws.  This will be my last response to you, as you have nothing of value to say, nothing of substance to axe, and nothing but nonsense for arguments.  You will no longer be blessed by Axe Elf assistance in fantasy football, except that which you gain through osmosis when Axe Elf helps others.

Buh-bye.

What a whiny beeyatch you are. And no one else has put there stuff here yet.

I said "So far" on the Henry one...that indicates time will still tell.

As to the IDP one- I reasonably said I didn't want to send money thus potentially giving my shoot name over the message board. I said- "Winner gets to pick the other's screen name until next football season." Your response was "The name AxeElf carries too much clout to give it up..." which would be hilarious if I thought you were being sarcastic. I then tried to explain my league with 7 IDPs  WHILE going along with the 2 IDP list. I even selected my two guys and gave you the list of the next 20 ranked IDPs outside of the ones already selected. Basically I gave every concession you wanted and you still tucked tail on it. 

You are thin skinned and play in comfortable leagues you always play in and couldn't handle some real competition from me and the others here. It's fine. But you chickened out.

All this attention your giving might make the elf cream himself 

• Like 1

Crank it up guys, yeah. Like to see these predictions as it creates good conversations. Like to see some more guys post some bets/predictions on the season. So, after week 1 their's people already calling for Trey Lance's head. It was a rather putrid showing against the Bears but conditions were pretty bad too and I'm sure he had the jitters because of the expectations. It is calling for rain in the 49ers/Seattle gamebutI think Lance will bounce back this week. In factI believe he'll stay the starter for the whole season and we won't see Jimmy G unless Lance has an injury. He's going to have his struggles but hey you gotta let the guy play. He'll get better with more reps.

On 9/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, gcmmidwest said:

All this attention your giving might make the elf cream himself 

Nah...he already cried and ran. 

On 9/16/2022 at 7:22 AM, Sean Mooney said:

Lots of discussion on here always back and forth between great posters (yes even AxeElf) about how we see things playing out in the football season. So let's start a thread where we can create a repository for the bets and predictions we make throughout the year.

TBay and I have a bet on Trevor Lawrence being a top 14 QB this year. If he is 14 or higher I win, 15 or lower and TBay wins. Currently Lawrence is 23rd.

Thanks for posting this.  I knew our bet had to do with Lawrence, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember what it was.  :thumbsup:

A week 2 update on this:

The Trevor Lawrence bet between TBay and myself- Lawrence is currently sitting at QB #14 on the season. Big jump for him. I'm winning but obviously lots of season to go.

AxeElf predicted- Lamb would outscore McLaurin by 61 points. Currently McLaurin is ahead by 8. Perhaps AxeElf should've avoided the hubris and just taken Lamb by 31.

AxeElf predicted Derrick Henry as the #1 RB in fantasy. So far he is still not. Lots of season to go as well.

AxeElf said Kmet/Ertz/Goedert would stay within 100 points of Andrews. Andrews is 7 ahead of Ertz. 10 ahead of Goedert. 29 ahead of Kmet. So this looks good for AxeElf

AxeElf I guess has tucked tail on the IDP bet still. I don't blame him. 

Added 09/23 from Weepaws: N Harris in half point ppr won’t finsh in the top 12, so a first round pick, adp top six , he won’t finish as a rb1. 

Let's get a week 3 update:

@TBayXXXVII and I had the bet about Trevor Lawrence. Right now Lawrence is QB # 10 on the season.

@Axe Elf predicted Lamb would outscore McLaurin by 61 points. Lamb had a good night last night and is now only trailing by 2 points.

@AxeElf also predicted Henry as the #1 RB in fantasy. He still is not, but he has moved up.

@AxeElf had Kmet/Ertz/Goedert within 100 points of Andrews. Mark is now 24 ahead of Ertz, 25 ahead of Goedert, and 48 ahead of Kmet. Still looking good for Axel

@AxeElf has still tucked tail on the IDP bet. We can put this one to bed and declare it a loss for Axel.

@weepaws got in on the fun declaring Najee Harris would not finish top 12 in a half point PPR. He is at 18. So good so far for weewee.

You’re late , I said that about N Harris back with in May, let’s dummy up and get it right. 

Week 4 update:

@TBayXXXVII and I have the bet about Trevor Lawrence being a top 14 QB. This week did not go well for Mr. Lawrence: as he fell back to 15...after posting a 6.66 number. The devil.

@AxeElf he has tucked tail and run on everything because he is a huge baby. But still:

He said CeeDee Lamb would outscore Terry McLaurin by 61 points on the season. Right now it is 14.

He said Derrick Henry would be the #1 RB in fantasy...he is #7

He said Ertz/Goedert/Kmet would be within 100 points of Andrews. Right now it is 13/18/50

He lost the IDP bet

Weeweepaws said Najee Harris would not be top 12 fantasy running back. He is 25 right now. 

Week 5 update:

@TBayXXXVII and I bet on Trevor Lawrence. Currently the long haired man in Jaguar land is 15...so no change from last week.

@Axe Elf said Ceedee Lamb would outscore McLaurin by 61 points...It's like 12 right now.

Derrick Henry would be the #1 rb in fantasy...he is 4th.

He said Ertz/Goedert/Kmet would be within 100 points of Andrews. It is 25/24/61

@weepaws said Najee Harris would not be be a top 12 fantasy running back. He is 29 right now. He is not getting the dump off receiving work I think most people thought he would get. 

No no, I said N Harris wouldn’t be a top 12 rb.  

And that Henry would be the top rb. 

Leta get it together. 

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No no, I said N Harris wouldn’t be a top 12 rb.  

And that Henry would be the top rb. 

Leta get it together. 

Simple word error on the first..

You are right on the first one for now, wrong on the second for now.

That’s okay, Harris is moving down, and I’m sure you haven’t notice, but Henry is now # 5 half ppr, and climbing. Lol

A Week 6 update for everyone:

@TBayXXXVII and I bet on Trevor Lawrence being a top 14 QB. A good week for him moves him to #11 on the year.

@Axe Elf said Lamb would outscore McLaurin by 61 points. It is currently 16 points.

Derrick Henry would be the #1 RB in FF. He is currently 8th but this was his bye week.

Also Ertz/Goedert/Kmet would be within 100 points of Mark Andrews. Currently Andrews is ahead of them by 34/41/79 points respectively

@weepaws said Najee Harris would not be a top 12 running back in fantasy. He is currently 23rd. Maybe Pittsburgh will eventually remember he is there on the team..

Let's update for Week 7:

@TBayXXXVII and I bet on Trevor Lawrence being a top 14 QB. Right now he is QB #10. Looking good so far for me.

@AxeElf said Ceedee Lamb would outscore Terry McLaurin by 61 points on the season. It is currently 8 points.

Derrick Henry would be the #1 RB in FF. He is currently 7th but Breece Hall going down let's him move up soon.

Also Ertz/Goedert/Kmet would be within 100 points of Mark Andrews. Currently Andrews is ahead of them by 29/41/75 respectively.

@weepaws said Najee Harris would not be a top 12 running back in fantasy. He is still 23rd. Pittsburgh still ignores him for some dumb reason.

Sean Mooney continues to be a nut.  

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Could be worse things....like weepaws

Best thing in life is being me.  

Thanks. 

Week 10 update. Missed a few weeks:

@TBayXXXVII and I bet on Trevor Lawrence being a top 14 QB. Currently he is at #9. This is his bye week though so I imagine he gets passed by some guys this week...but then it is on.

@Axe Elf said Ceedee Lamb would outscore Terry McLaurin by 61 points on the season. Right now it is 19 points.

He also said Derrick Henry would be the #1 RB in FF. Right now he is #3

He also said Ertz/Goedert/Kmet would finish within 100 points of Andrews. Some injuries are changing the landscape of this and the Bears finally found Kmet. Right now the points are 8/9/31....100 was a big number....at least axe elf will get his win here which will provide some calming relief from the other bet he welched and ran from.

@weepaws said Najee Harris would not be a top 12 fantasy running back. He is 27 right now. Weepaws needs that win as bad as AxeElf does. So good for him.

Congrats to those N Harris owners, it’s good to see him post a fantastic game today for you.  

Let's update Week 13

@TBayXXXVII and I bet on Trevor Lawrence being a top 14 QB. Right now he is 9th..

And now the @AxeElf portion.

He said Ceedee Lamb would outscore McLaurin by 61 points...right now it is 23 points.

He said Derrick Henry would be the #1 RB in fantasy football....right now he is #3

Ertz/Goedert/Kmet would be within 100 points of Andrews....We can disqualify Ertz and Goedert because they have and will miss significant time. Kmet has worked it to 37 points (of course Andrews also missed some time...but I'll give ol Axey this one.

weepaws said Najee Harris would not be a top 12 running back. Right now he is at 20. I suppose it's still possible he could outscore people by 30-40 points down the stretch although I would bet against it. 

46 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Let's update Week 13

@TBayXXXVII and I bet on Trevor Lawrence being a top 14 QB. Right now he is 9th..

And now the @AxeElf portion.

He said Ceedee Lamb would outscore McLaurin by 61 points...right now it is 23 points.

He said Derrick Henry would be the #1 RB in fantasy football....right now he is #3

Ertz/Goedert/Kmet would be within 100 points of Andrews....We can disqualify Ertz and Goedert because they have and will miss significant time. Kmet has worked it to 37 points (of course Andrews also missed some time...but I'll give ol Axey this one.

weepaws said Najee Harris would not be a top 12 running back. Right now he is at 20. I suppose it's still possible he could outscore people by 30-40 points down the stretch although I would bet against it. 

It's a sad year for QB's when a guy like Lawrence is in the top 10... and Brady isn't.  Lawrence is such a horrible QB.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's a sad year for QB's when a guy like Lawrence is in the top 10... and Brady isn't.  Lawrence is such a horrible QB.

TBF- Brady has been a horrible QB this season

21 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

TBF- Brady has been a horrible QB this season

It's not fair if you watch the games.  That squarely falls on the OLine, OC, and HC.  Tons of injuries on the OLine.  Starting Center has missed the whole season.  Starting LG has been out since Week 1.  LT missed 4 games, RT will be out 3 or 4 games.  Backup LG & C missed 5 games each.  Brate, who is their best blocking TE, has also missed 5 games.  Instead of using 2 TE sets (even 3), to help blocking (and disguise the plays better), they still trot out 3 & 4 WR sets with 1 RB and 1 or no TE's... then proceed to run the ball on 1st and 10 ad nauseum and making them predictable.  On top of that, because the OLine can't hold blocks and the coaching/game planning isn't helping, defenses are able to remove the deep ball with a basic Cover 2 defense and force Brady to make quick dump offs.  Brady is NOT having a bad season and is NOT the problem.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's not fair if you watch the games.  That squarely falls on the OLine, OC, and HC.  Tons of injuries on the OLine.  Starting Center has missed the whole season.  Starting LG has been out since Week 1.  LT missed 4 games, RT will be out 3 or 4 games.  Backup LG & C missed 5 games each.  Brate, who is their best blocking TE, has also missed 5 games.  Instead of using 2 TE sets (even 3), to help blocking (and disguise the plays better), they still trot out 3 & 4 WR sets with 1 RB and 1 or no TE's... then proceed to run the ball on 1st and 10 ad nauseum and making them predictable.  On top of that, because the OLine can't hold blocks and the coaching/game planning isn't helping, defenses are able to remove the deep ball with a basic Cover 2 defense and force Brady to make quick dump offs.  Brady is NOT having a bad season and is NOT the problem.

I will grant you the offensive scheme is off big time this year and there are lots of factors for it...but Brady has not been himself this year. Some of that is obviously the lofty standards we have for him, but there is a noticeable dropoff in him right now. 

Brady's QBR is currently at 52.2 good for 20th in the league. 1 spot behind Andy Dalton and 3 spots behind Lawrence who hasn't been that much better at 53.8. QBR is a stat which takes everything into consideration. Brady has been ungood so far this year, though miles better than any other 45 year old QB I've ever seen...

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I will grant you the offensive scheme is off big time this year and there are lots of factors for it...but Brady has not been himself this year. Some of that is obviously the lofty standards we have for him, but there is a noticeable dropoff in him right now. 

The drop off comes from the game plan/coaching, not Brady.  He's completing 66.2% of his passes... he completed 67.5% last year.  The year they won the Super Bowl, he completed 65.7%.  His completion % is inline with prior years.  All of his counting stats and percentages are in line with his past years... with the exception of TD total and y/a.  Those are a direct result of not having time to throw and coaches/game planning being terrible, predictable, and conservative.