Sign in to follow this  
Apollo Creed

Austin Ekler is a bust

The Michel usage is baffling

Didn't he ask for reduced touches heading into the season?

He's leading the team in rushing, not that it's much, and catches. He's getting about 80 total ypg, not bad.

The big thing is, last season he scored 20 TDs, and through 2 games this season, he's yet to find the end zone.

Rookie 7th rounder Zander Horvath vultured two short receiving TDs from him. This is a concern because it looks like a play they may continue to use in the future.

It could be a long season if you drafted him that high. The TD drop was almost a certainty though. I think he's more likely a RB2 going forward. Maybe it's just bad luck though.

He has five less points in half ppr after two games than he did last season, don’t jump.  

Loved him last year but he did say he didn’t want as much work this year.  Scared me off him this year not that I had the opportunity to select him at the tenth spot. 

3 hours ago, Apollo Creed said:

I got him at #4; shouldve went Dalvin Cook; its gonna be a long year with him hopefully I have enough on my bench to sit him in bad matchups

can you convince the guy who owns him in my league to trade him to me?    I'll take him.

4 hours ago, Apollo Creed said:

I got him at #4; shouldve went Dalvin Cook

Sometimes owners with picks outside of the top two were lucky enough to have Derrick Henry fall to them at #4 this year, but I guess the guys in your league were more savvy than that.

20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Sometimes owners with picks outside of the top two were lucky enough to have Derrick Henry fall to them at #4 this year, but I guess the guys in your league were more savvy than that.

I actually just traded J Williams and Sutton for Henry. I'm hitched to him in both leagues now. Every time his price dips and i scoop him up, good things happen

J Williams and Sutton huh, mmm.  

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I actually just traded J Williams and Sutton for Henry. I'm hitched to him in both leagues now.

Well, that should go a long way towards righting the ship...  Congrats!

27 minutes ago, weepaws said:

J Williams and Sutton huh, mmm.  

That offense looked like garbage imo. They should have taken it to Seattle. Sutton should have shined. I still have Wilson. At this point I'm debating trading him for Cousins or Lance. At least those two seem to give a fk

Seems like a lot. 

Hey good luck, you know more than I do as it pertains to ff. 

I would trade for Cousins, but I wouldn’t trade Cousins for Wilson. 

35 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

That offense looked like garbage imo. They should have taken it to Seattle. Sutton should have shined. I still have Wilson. At this point I'm debating trading him for Cousins or Lance. At least those two seem to give a fk

Is this the Week one overreaction thread?  I don't think that the Broncos played their starters in pre-season.  With a new coaching staff and new QB, that was probably a mistake.  They were having trouble just getting in and out of the huddle with a play call.  That's the kind of stuff that is supposed to get worked out in pre-season.  They ought to get that cleaned up in the next week or two, which should help overall performance.

if you were expecting a repeat of last years performance, you made your mistake there. His total touchdowns were not going to be duplicated. They drafted Spiller, and even though Spiller is not the one gaining touches, that move alone made it clear they were looking for a way to reduce his workload a bit to keep him fresh. 

I still think he will be a fine first round selection. Don't panic over 1 week plus a quick turnaround TNF game. 

2021 he was a great value as someone falling to the late 1st/early 2nd. There simply was no value this year. 

He’s still only five points behind last season after two games, the more important issue is how badly hurt is the Chargers Qb.  

I really would have been concern when they picked up Michel, Spiller was behind Kelly going into this season. 

24 minutes ago, weepaws said:

the more important issue is how badly hurt is the Chargers Qb.

this is true.

a QB injury where he misses time is more likely to change the dynamic of this offense.  

with no tds, he had an 18 pt game last night.  while we knew he wouldn't repeat 20 tds, he is still on pace for 100+ rec. I was in 3 redrafts and only in position to draft him in one (3,6,9).

the 3 and 9 were done on friday 9/9/22... 1: cmc; 2: kupp; I took taylor..otherwise would have gone with ekeler

Lol yeah 14 points half ppr is awful. 

7 hours ago, Apollo Creed said:

I got him at #4; shouldve went Dalvin Cook; its gonna be a long year with him hopefully I have enough on my bench to sit him in bad matchups

Don't feel bad.  I got Alvin Kamara with the last pick of the 2nd round.  I just KNEW I shouldn't take him since he's burned me before.  He is supposed to be my RB2.

Had Ekler last year.  He was good but still frustrating.

Chargers seem more confident in the backups, but that’s the only thing that’s changed. Ekeler is still getting plenty of touches, and overall looks fine and is still the top guy without question. Probably won’t repeat last year, but most people expected that. Plenty of touches on a great offense. He’ll be fine.

• Like 1

I had the 4th pick as well and decided this was the year I’d actually listen to the eternal advice of “look for THIS year’s elite stud and not last year’s”, and went with Swift. I figured if there was ever a year to do it this was it. All the RBs avail at pick 4 were 27+ yrs old.  Granted, it’s only been one week, but so far I’m happy. 

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Granted, it’s only been one week, but so far I’m happy.

You're going to be less happy when he doesn't even have the decency to just be OUT this week so that you could at least plug in a warm body.  He'll give it a go, and then decide he's had enough after 2 for 5.

And then you'll have to watch Derrick Henry on Monday Night Football.

Should be very interesting to see D Henry, and how he performs.

I say 50/50 he has another pedestrian game and then everyone will start freaking out.

15 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

I say 50/50 he has another pedestrian game and then everyone will start freaking out.

I'll say the odds are 80/20 that he has an outstanding game, and then we'll both be right, no matter what happens.

On 9/16/2022 at 11:30 PM, AxeElf said:

You're going to be less happy when he doesn't even have the decency to just be OUT this week so that you could at least plug in a warm body.  He'll give it a go, and then decide he's had enough after 2 for 5.

And then you'll have to watch Derrick Henry on Monday Night Football.

Say again?…

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Say again?…

You heard me.

Are you saying you would not have been upset if Swift had gone out after 2 carries for 5 yards?

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You heard me.

Are you saying you would not have been upset if Swift had gone out after 2 carries for 5 yards?

You’re statement was a prediction. If you started with “wouldn’t you be less happy” rather than “you’re going to be less happy..”, then you’d be right.  

Are you sure you’re not a politician on the side?

4 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

You’re statement was a prediction.

I stand by my prediction.  Now we'll never know, of course, but I'm pretty sure that I would have been right.

2 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

But you weren’t.. 

We'll never know, but I can't imagine you would have been overjoyed.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

We'll never know, but I can't imagine you would have been overjoyed.

Yeah, we do know. You were wrong. Do you know what the definition of “prediction” is?  

2 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Yeah, we do know. You were wrong. Do you know what the definition of “prediction” is?  

Yes, I predicted that you would be less happy when Swift tried to play through an injury, but then had to drop out of the game after 2 carries for 5 yards.  I can't imagine that there would be any other outcome, but if you say you would have been thrilled, I'll have to take your word for it, since that circumstance never materialized, so the truth value of my prediction for your reaction in that circumstance can only be expressed in probabilities, rather than certainties.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Yes, I predicted that you would be less happy when Swift tried to play through an injury, but then had to drop out of the game after 2 carries for 5 yards.  I can't imagine that there would be any other outcome, but if you say you would have been thrilled, I'll have to take your word for it, since that circumstance never materialized, so the truth value of my prediction for your reaction in that circumstance can only be expressed in probabilities, rather than certainties.

Ok. I predict you’re not going to be happy when Henry carries the ball 3 times for 6 yds tomorrow, then breaks his foot again. 

10 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Ok. I predict you’re not going to be happy when Henry carries the ball 3 times for 6 yds tomorrow, then breaks his foot again.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but hopefully we won't have to find out.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:49 AM, AxeElf said:

I'll say the odds are 80/20 that he has an outstanding game, and then we'll both be right, no matter what happens.

The price is wrong Bobby. 

Let the freak out begin!