Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Germany seizes Russian refineries *DOOMSDAY*

Germany takes control of Russian-owned oil refineries

By Nadine Schmidt and Anna Cooban, CNN Business
Published 7:41 AM EDT, Fri September 16, 2022

Berlin/LondonCNN Business — 

The German government has seized control of three Russian-owned oil refineries to secure supplies of gasoline, diesel and aviation fuel.

Germany’s economy ministry announced on Friday that it had temporarily taken over Russian oil giant Rosneft’s subsidiaries in the country. Rosneft Deutschland and RN Refining & Marketing account for about 12% of Germany’s oil refining capacity, the ministry said in a statement.

The move was designed to “counter the threat to the security of energy supply,” it added.

Europe has been embroiled in a bitter energy standoff with Russia since Moscow invaded Ukraine in late February, and its imports of Russian oil and natural gas have fallen sharply.

Germany’s Federal Network Agency, which regulates its gas and electricity industries, will control Rosneft’s shares in three refineries: PCK Schwedt, near Berlin, MiRo, near Heidelberg, and Bayernoil in Bavaria.

Fuel for the capital

The Schwedt refinery is particularly important to Germany’s energy needs, processing about 220,000 barrels of crude a day. It is responsible for supplying about 90% of Berlin’s fuel, according to Reuters.

In May, the European Union agreed to ban 90% of Russian oil imports by the end of the year to choke off a vital source of funding for Moscow’s war in Ukraine.

Russia delivers crude oil to the Schwedt refinery via the Druzhba pipeline. The German economy ministry said that it would try to find alternate supply routes.

Shell (SHLX), which owns a 37.5% stake in Schwedt, told CNN Business on Friday that it was “unaffected” by the takeover.

“[Shell] will continue to comply with its contractual obligations in accordance with its own shares,” a company spokesperson told CNN Business.

Shell added that it could not speculate on how Schwedt would continue to operate.

I thought MAGAtards believed anything coming out of CNN to be liberal propaganda and fake news.

😂

Why not? Russia can't even handle Ukraine. No way they can take on Germany too. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I thought MAGAtards believed anything coming out of CNN to be liberal propaganda and fake news.

😂

You mean Trump voters like yourself?  :lol: 

18 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You mean Trump voters like yourself?  :lol: 

It is an Associated Press story. I trust the AP and Reuters above all else.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

How many people are wearing build back better hats???

No one, because it's not movement led by an arrogant, narcissistic autocrat wanna be whose followers will believe anything that comes out of his buttthole-shaped mouth.

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

No one, because it's not movement led by an arrogant, narcissistic autocrat wanna be whose followers will believe anything that comes out of his buttthole-shaped mouth.

Yeah...its led by a drooling incoherent puppet propped up by the deep state..who was voted in by children who cant face facts and have sensitive feelings.  

Build back better is the same slogan...just different words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

How many people are wearing build back better hats???

Hopefully none.  Wearing any political slogan hat makes you look like a loser.  Way too tacky.

9 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It is an Associated Press story. I trust the AP and Reuters above all else.

The story quoted is out of Foreign CNN from the German ministry.  Actually reporting there. No editorial.  Nice to see.  Wouldn't happen here.

17 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

So, not the people that believe the VP when she says "The border is secure"?

• Thanks 1

Just now, RLLD said:

CNN  <_<

I think we need to wait jus a few minutes to see if this is remotely true...

the problem with liberal media is you have to figure out what facts have been omitted and how many. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Hopefully none.  Wearing any political slogan hat makes you look like a loser.  Way too tacky.

So you’re committed to not wearing your “I’m with her” shirt anymore?

2 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

So you’re committed to not wearing your “I’m with her” shirt anymore?

Who was that shirt for?

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

the problem with liberal media is you have to figure out what facts have been omitted and how many. 

Pretty much all media.  It's not limited to just liberals.

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

No, it's led by snarky Euro trash who laughed at Trump when he said it was dangerous for them to rely on Russia for energy.  :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

No, it's led by snarky Euro trash who laughed at Trump when he said it was dangerous for them to rely on Russia for energy.  :thumbsup: 

Ain't that the truth. They didn't listen to Trump and now they are really stirring up a hornet's next in Europe even worse than it was a couple weeks ago. 

6 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You don’t think Biden is arrogant? He tells black people they ain’t black. And narcissist? He has hair plugs, fake teeth and plastic surgery.  Autocrat? He’s hiring 87k IRS agents. You don’t read or see much, do you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Who was that shirt for?

"I'm With Her" was one of major Hillary Clinton campaign slogans. But Europe is your friend and you could easily upgrade to a better politician. I would recommend that you get nice "I'm With Her" featuring Marine Le Pen or Giorgia Meloni. Also, keep your eye out, if things go well in Britain, you may want to consider sporting a Liz Truss t-shirt as well. I'm not sure they make any of those yet.

54 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

"I'm With Her" was one of major Hillary Clinton campaign slogans. But Europe is your friend and you could easily upgrade to a better politician. I would recommend that you get nice "I'm With Her" featuring Marine Le Pen or Giorgia Meloni. Also, keep your eye out, if things go well in Britain, you may want to consider sporting a Liz Truss t-shirt as well. I'm not sure they make any of those yet.

I’ll stick with my Hawkeye and bass fishing shirts. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You don’t think Biden is arrogant? He tells black people they ain’t black. And narcissist? He has hair plugs, fake teeth and plastic surgery.  Autocrat? He’s hiring 87k IRS agents. You don’t read or see much, do you? 

Nah, he isn't narcissist. He's borderline senile and dopey but not a sociopath, which Clownzo most certainly is. Textbook.