Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Thoughts on Mahomes so far....

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Never said I don’t need 30 points from my Qb, but I don’t need Mahomes or any Qb before the double digit rounds, now if they fell that far I would take them, but I wouldn’t be in that league but for one ff season, I don’t do rookie leagues.  

Of course I’m cherry picking weeks like crazy, I draft Qb,Te,kickers,def last.  Then I stream or wait for someone to drop a Qb, Te, that I feel I can cherry pick to win my weekly matchup.  

Only two slots I’m concerned about  points over the season are the rb/wr slot.  How many times do I need Cousins to out score Mahomes, once maybe twice based on league size and schedule, in a 14 team league might need once.  In both my leagues that I own Cousins it just so happens the other two owners have Mahomes, maybe Cousins out scores him maybe not, wish me luck would you.  

All I need is  to out score my opponent by one point, and I get the win. 

Thanks.  

Your goal in drafting should be to get the team that can maximize your point potential. There isn't one way to necessarily do that but to automatically pretend like you can't build a strong team because you took Patrick Mahomes in the 4th instead of Kirk Cousins in the 12th is foolish. 

29 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Your goal in drafting should be to get the team that can maximize your point potential. There isn't one way to necessarily do that but to automatically pretend like you can't build a strong team because you took Patrick Mahomes in the 4th instead of Kirk Cousins in the 12th is foolish. 

I’m sure I can build a winning team taking Mahomes in the 2-5th, but I can also build one taking Cousins in the double digit rounds , I’m not limited.  

Have you never seen anyone win a ff championship with out Mahomes? 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m sure I can build a winning team taking Mahomes in the 2-5th, but I can also build one taking Cousins in the double digit rounds , I’m not limited.  

Have you never seen anyone win a ff championship with out Mahomes? 

Why do you keep asking questions about things I didn't say?

I said there is no one way to do it but it is foolish to attempt to argue like it is uniformly bad to draft Mahomes early when you could have Cousins later. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Why do you keep asking questions about things I didn't say?

I said there is no one way to do it but it is foolish to attempt to argue like it is uniformly bad to draft Mahomes early when you could have Cousins later. 

I’m just asking you a simple question, it’s not a challenge.  

Have you even seen anyone in all the great leagues you participate in win a ff championship without Mahomes? Just asking you a question. 

Calm down Francis , if you don’t want to answer it , just say so.  

I think it’s great for me when anyone drafts a Qb or a TE before the double digit rounds, hey more power to you if you do, I hope you win with those moves.  

But I can build a winner taking my Qb and TE in the double digit rounds also.  

Ever seen it happen? 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

I’m just asking you a simply question, it’s not a challenge.  

Have you even seen anyone in all the great leagues you participate in win a ff championship without Mahomes? Just asking you a question. 

Calm down Francis , if you don’t want to answer it , just say so.  

I think it’s great for me when anyone drafts a Qb or a TE before the double digit rounds, hey more power to you if you do, I hope you win with those moves.  

But I can build a winner taking my Qb and TE in the double digit rounds also.  

Ever seen it happen? 

I've been playing in fantasy leagues for 20 years. I guess I have but I don't catalog who wins with what quarterback. But I would venture a guess 90%+ of the teams I've played with that won had a QB that turned out to be a top 10 ranked QB at year's end. Could be coincidental, might not be. 

I'm not even saying I would take Mahomes early, but I definitely want in on a top tier guy unless their is someone I have a really strong feeling about taking a leap forward. But again- dismissing someone who takes Mahomes in the 4th because you can get Cousins in "double digit rounds" is silly. You are costing yourself probably at least 60-70 points potentially over the course of the season which can be significant. And no amount of "Well Cousins outscored Mahomes in week 8" changes that. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I've been playing in fantasy leagues for 20 years. I guess I have but I don't catalog who wins with what quarterback. But I would venture a guess 90%+ of the teams I've played with that won had a QB that turned out to be a top 10 ranked QB at year's end. Could be coincidental, might not be. 

I'm not even saying I would take Mahomes early, but I definitely want in on a top tier guy unless their is someone I have a really strong feeling about taking a leap forward. But again- dismissing someone who takes Mahomes in the 4th because you can get Cousins in "double digit rounds" is silly. You are costing yourself probably at least 60-70 points potentially over the course of the season which can be significant. And no amount of "Well Cousins outscored Mahomes in week 8" changes that. 

I’ve been playing since 1988, ive seen owners  kick butt with a top Qb, and I’ve seen owners win with double digit round Qb.  

Three teams last season , and I draft Cousins who finished in the top ten on two of them, and Stafford in the 10 on the other , top ten Qb.

D Carr was a double digit round pick last season who finished in the top ten.  

Stafford avg one point less per game than Mahomes, and 16 points total, Cousins was three points less per game or 48 points. Less then 

60-70 points.  

But once again I hope you and everyone else that goes Qb before the double digit rounds the best of luck. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’ve been playing since 1988, ive seen owners  kick butt with a top Qb, and I’ve seen owners win with double digit round Qb.  

Three teams last season , and I draft Cousins who finished in the top ten on two of them, and Stafford in the 10 on the other , top ten Qb.

D Carr was a double digit round pick last season who finished in the top ten.  

Stafford avg one point less per game than Mahomes, and 16 points total, Cousins was three points less per game or 48 points. Less then 

60-70 points.  

But once again I hope you and everyone else that goes Qb before the double digit rounds the best of luck. 

Derek Carr 100% did not finish top 10 in points as a QB last year unless you used some weird scoring variant in your league.

Stafford's ADP was not in the double digit rounds last year. Pretty sure it was like round 8 or so. 

Cousins scored ~300 points last season and Mahomes ~362 which is almost 4 points a game. Stafford scored ~330 so 2 points a game less than Mahomes essentially.

And again- I'm not saying it can't be done, but I am saying dismissing someone because they draft a Mahomes like quarterback early is faulty and there is most likely going to be more point variance the longer you wait on quarterback 

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Derek Carr 100% did not finish top 10 in points as a QB last year unless you used some weird scoring variant in your league.

Stafford's ADP was not in the double digit rounds last year. Pretty sure it was like round 8 or so. 

Cousins scored ~300 points last season and Mahomes ~362 which is almost 4 points a game. Stafford scored ~330 so 2 points a game less than Mahomes essentially.

And again- I'm not saying it can't be done, but I am saying dismissing someone because they draft a Mahomes like quarterback early is faulty and there is most likely going to be more point variance the longer you wait on quarterback 

Lol @ dismissing someone because they draft Mahomes like Qb.  

Do you feel dismissed? If you do it might be time to toughen up.  I don’t feel dismissed because I don’t draft a Mahomes type Qb.  

I think you’re just posting your thoughts about when to take a Qb. And like I said a few post ago, I’ve seen owners win taking a Mahomes type Qb, and I’ve seen owners win without Mahomes type Qb . 

I’ll keep drafting them in the double digit rounds, and streaming , you keep drafting Mahomes type qbs. 

Thanks  

Weekly works great. 

Mahomes 235/2. 

Flacco 304/4

Wentz 337/3. 

Goff 256/4 

Tua 469/6. 

Yeah one can’t win with these numbers, from double digit round Qb.  

Just now, weepaws said:

Weekly works great. 

Mahomes 235/2. 

Flacco 304/4

Wentz 337/3. 

Goff 256/4 

Tua 469/6. 

Which one of those QB's did you start?

Cousins on two teams , Carr on one, And Wentz on the other. 

But I’m sure many others benefit taking a double digit round Qb today.  

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Weekly works great. 

Mahomes 235/2. 

Flacco 304/4

Wentz 337/3. 

Goff 256/4 

Tua 469/6. 

Yeah throw a dart at 4 guys every week you are bound to hit on one.

Man your analysis is stupid. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Lol @ dismissing someone because they draft Mahomes like Qb.  

Do you feel dismissed? If you do it might be time to toughen up.  I don’t feel dismissed because I don’t draft a Mahomes type Qb.  

I think you’re just posting your thoughts about when to take a Qb. And like I said a few post ago, I’ve seen owners win taking a Mahomes type Qb, and I’ve seen owners win without Mahomes type Qb . 

I’ll keep drafting them in the double digit rounds, and streaming , you keep drafting Mahomes type qbs. 

Thanks  

I think you'd benefit from going back to the beginning of the thread, reading what you wrote again, seeing where I responded, and actually reading what I said.

Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thanks. 

Really who? What you are actually saying is with the benefit of hindsight anyone can pick a good streamer. Let me know when you get your hands on the sports reference guide Biff had in Back to the Future II. Brilliant analysis!

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Weekly works great. 

Mahomes 235/2. 

Flacco 304/4

Wentz 337/3. 

Goff 256/4 

Tua 469/6. 

Nobody is starting those other guys unless they have to

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Really who? What you are actually saying is with the benefit of hindsight anyone can pick a good streamer. Let me know when you get your hands on the sports reference guide Biff had in Back to the Future II. Brilliant analysis!

Someone in your leagues I’m sure.  

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Nobody is starting those other guys unless they have to

Not true.  

51 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Someone in your leagues I’m sure.  

I will make a guess that almost no one started Goff or Flacco except for the very deepest of leagues, or superflexes. Tua and Wentz probably as well but I could see someone starting either of them in a 12+ team league.

For point of reference:

On ESPN.com Flacco is rostered in 1.2% of leagues. Goff is rostered in 6.8%. Wentz in 55% and Tua in 64%. I would imagine for the latter two guys they are often the QB on the bench

On Yahoo.com- Flacco is rostered in 2% of leagues. Goff in 22%. Wentz in 51% and Tua in 62%.

You are cherry picking weeks after the fact. It's silly you think it holds weight. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Weekly works great. 

Mahomes 235/2. 

Flacco 304/4

Wentz 337/3. 

Goff 256/4 

Tua 469/6. 

Any given Sunday , things like this in today’s game can happen, heck I hate it, this is why I don’t watch the game, this isn’t football, it’s fantasy ball.  

But it just shows that one can draft a Qb in the double digit rounds and win.  

💪😎🤪

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Any given Sunday , things like this in today’s game can happen, heck I hate it, this is why I don’t watch the game, this isn’t football, it’s fantasy ball.  

But it just shows that one can draft a Qb in the double digit rounds and win.  

💪😎🤪

It's cherry picking data after the fact. 

Look at that , 2nd and 3rd right now today in points at the Qb slot,  Tua and Wentz, two double digit rounds Qb.  

See.  

Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Look at that , 2nd and 3rd right now today in points at the Qb slot,  Tua and Wentz, two double digit rounds Qb.  

See.  

Thanks. 

That were not drafted as a starting QB in anything 12 team or les most likely.

Tell us right now- who is the double digit QB who will go off next week. Since you wanted to crow about Flacco and Goff too- tell us who the waiver wire QB for next week will be who goes off. 

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

Weekly works great. 

Mahomes 235/2. 

Flacco 304/4

Wentz 337/3. 

Goff 256/4 

Tua 469/6. 

for the record, Mahomes wasnt a double digit QB in any draft I was a part of.

as for the rest,  and here is the reason most QB dont go early in drafts.    The gap between top 10 and top 15-20 isnt large.  the main difference is that the guys ranked outside of the top 10 will periodically have a dud game.   they are not as consistent.  So if only starting 1 QB there is no need to pick early once the top couple QB's are off the board.

any of these guys is capable of going of on any given week.  weve just seen it.

but to do this week in and week out, I dont see it.   though Tua may have progressed compared to last year, so its possible he will be drafted higher next time we draft but the sample size is still too small with him to say for sure.

but Mahomes was scary in years past because hed put up 320/3 or 300/4 almost every week and when he didnt it was very solid numbers.

the difference now, which may knock him down a peg is hes gonna occasionally have a 235/2 game which was pretty rare in the prior 3 years.  without checking its possible this was one of the 4 or 5 worst games hes had the last few years.  you cant deny his value has dropped.  really all we are doing is debating how far he has fallen.  (which is still somewhat speculative)

On 9/17/2022 at 8:37 PM, Sean Mooney said:

Your goal in drafting should be to get the team that can maximize your point potential

yes, to some degree.   your real goal is to draft so you win the most games.   The two often go hand in hand, but the QB who is more consistent is more desired than the guy who is up and down from one week to the next.  for me, that is the tiebreaker when I'm looking at 2 QB's projected to get similar points.

12 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

but to do this week in and week out, I dont see it.   though Tua may have progressed compared to last year, so its possible he will be drafted higher next time we draft but the sample size is still too small with him to say for sure..

This is largely the point I'm trying to make. Like it's easy to see Tua's week and say "See double digit QB's...." but that ignores that this was clearly his best week of his career. He threw 16 touchdown passes all of last season (of which 4 were in one game)- he threw 6 in one game. 

And of course to play like Flacco was anybody's starting QB this week- outside of a superflex....please

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

for the record, Mahomes wasnt a double digit QB in any draft I was a part of.

as for the rest,  and here is the reason most QB dont go early in drafts.    The gap between top 10 and top 15-20 isnt large.  the main difference is that the guys ranked outside of the top 10 will periodically have a dud game.   they are not as consistent.  So if only starting 1 QB there is no need to pick early once the top couple QB's are off the board.

any of these guys is capable of going of on any given week.  weve just seen it.

but to do this week in and week out, I dont see it.   though Tua may have progressed compared to last year, so its possible he will be drafted higher next time we draft but the sample size is still too small with him to say for sure.

but Mahomes was scary in years past because hed put up 320/3 or 300/4 almost every week and when he didnt it was very solid numbers.

the difference now, which may knock him down a peg is hes gonna occasionally have a 235/2 game which was pretty rare in the prior 3 years.  without checking its possible this was one of the 4 or 5 worst games hes had the last few years.  you cant deny his value has dropped.  really all we are doing is debating how far he has fallen.  (which is still somewhat speculative)

yes, to some degree.   your real goal is to draft so you win the most games.   The two often go hand in hand, but the QB who is more consistent is more desired than the guy who is up and down from one week to the next.  for me, that is the tiebreaker when I'm looking at 2 QB's projected to get similar points.

Weekly victories lead the winning the money. 

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

This is largely the point I'm trying to make. Like it's easy to see Tua's week and say "See double digit QB's...." but that ignores that this was clearly his best week of his career. He threw 16 touchdown passes all of last season (of which 4 were in one game)- he threw 6 in one game. 

And of course to play like Flacco was anybody's starting QB this week- outside of a superflex....please

And what a week they had.  

Isn’t that great.  

Thanks. 

If Allen play is to pat tonight ,  Mahomes will be 5th in scoring in the Qb slot.  Dropping   

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

And what a week they had.  

Isn’t that great.  

Thanks. 

So make the predictions now for next week.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So make the predictions now for next week.

Thanks

I predict more frustrated from you.  

Winner. 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I predict more frustrated from you.  

Winner. 

My QBs did fine.

Lamar Jackson 318/3 touchdowns/119 rushing/ 1 touchdown

Kyler Murray: 277/1 td/28 rushing/1 touchdown/a couple 2 point conversions

I'm however not the one who is trying to use after the fact analysis to look smart. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

My QBs did fine.

Lamar Jackson 318/3 touchdowns/119 rushing/ 1 touchdown

Kyler Murray: 277/1 td/28 rushing/1 touchdown/a couple 2 point conversions

I'm however not the one who is trying to use after the fact analysis to look smart. 

Congrats. 

I was just posting the stats of how those double digit round qbs did this past weekend. 

Enjoy them.  

Congrats. 

I was just posting the stats of how those double digit round qbs did this past weekend. 

Enjoy them.  

Again- make your predictions now for the big double digit or waiver wire QB streamers for this week.

Thanks

On 9/18/2022 at 6:04 PM, weepaws said:

Thanks. 

Cousins had 9.84 points in my main league this week. One would probably want to have a QB who scored at least in the double digits, but what can one really expect when only drafting QBs in the double digit rounds…

Lots of qbs drafted in the double digit rounds had great games this past weekend, Cousins wasn’t one of them.  Darn it.  

Lots of qbs drafted in the double digit rounds had great games this past weekend, Cousins wasn’t one of them.  Darn it.  

Still waiting on you to predict the double digit round and waiver wire streamer QBs who will go off this week:

Thanks

4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Still waiting on you to predict the double digit round and waiver wire streamer QBs who will go off this week:

Thanks

Don’t know , But how can I help you manage your ff teams, is that what you need ? 

Other wise I don’t know how the players will perform week to week 

But I’ll keep posting the double digit round qbs stats for you weekly, so you can learn how great it is to draft one. B

Thanks. Mmm

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Don’t know , But how can I help you manage your ff teams, is that what you need ? 

Other wise I don’t know how the players will perform week to week 

But I’ll keep posting the double digit round qbs stats for you weekly, so you can learn how great it is to draft one. B

Thanks. Mmm

I don't need your help but we also don't need you waiting until after the fact to post them to make yourself feel smarter than you are.

Maybe next year you can man up and take the league challenge instead of hiding from it. That is if you get tired of playing against amateurs in your safe leagues. Sure many people here would rough your team up

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I don't need your help but we also don't need you waiting until after the fact to post them to make yourself feel smarter than you are.

Maybe next year you can man up and take the league challenge instead of hiding from it. That is if you get tired of playing against amateurs in your safe leagues. Sure many people here would rough your team up

Looks like you do need my help, how can I help you.  

But im going to gladly keep showing you a better way, drafting qbs in the double digit rounds works. 

You to can be a ff champ.  

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Looks like you do need my help, how can I help you.  

But im going to gladly keep showing you a better way, drafting qbs in the double digit rounds works. 

You to can be a ff champ.  

Again- you want to crow and feel smart about double digit round QB's after the fact.

So show off- predict who goes off in week 3 now so we can all bask in your reflective glow.