Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Thoughts on Mahomes so far....

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Again- you want to crow and feel smart about double digit round QB's after the fact.

So show off- predict who goes off in week 3 now so we can all bask in your reflective glow. 

What ever I can do to you help you win , that’s all I’m here for. Let me know. 

Thanks.m

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What ever I can do to you help you win , that’s all I’m here for. Let me know. 

Thanks.m

So you have nothing....Got it.

Again- any time you really want to challenge yourself- join a league with more advanced players here. 

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What ever I can do to you help you win , thats all I’m here for. Let me know. 

Ok please tell me which double digit round QB will be a top 5 play in week 3. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Ok please tell me which double digit round QB will be a top 5 play in week 3. Thanks 

He won't. He will wait until it happens and then say "See I told ya so."

weepaws- much like AxeElf before him- just wants to play in their safe leagues with marks. They don't want to play people who spend more time looking at this stuff because they would no longer have a fake competitive advantage. 

18 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Don’t know, but if you need a Qb list the ones available in ones league , and I’ll do my best to offer advice. It’s my pleasure to help manage your ff teams. 

Thanks for asking.  Mmm. 

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

He won't. He will wait until it happens and then say "See I told ya so."

weepaws- much like AxeElf before him- just wants to play in their safe leagues with marks. They don't want to play people who spend more time looking at this stuff because they would no longer have a fake competitive advantage. 

I showed you how one can win with drafting double digit rounds Qb. You brought up how great qbs score 30 points some weeks, just showing one how that can happen from time to time with other not so great qbs, I’m sorry it offended you, I really didn’t think you where so sensitive of a person, I’ll watch what I say to you going forward.  Ps let me know how I can help you manage your ff teams.

Thanks . Mm 

Tha

Let’s not forget you two, not to be so hard on yourself, it’s all luck.  

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Don’t know, but if you need a Qb list the ones available in ones league , and I’ll do my best to offer advice. It’s my pleasure to help manage your ff teams. 

Thanks for asking.  Mmm. 

Just assume every QB is available. All you need to do is give 1 name. One QB who was drafted in double digit rounds or later, who will finish in the top 5 QBs for week 3. You should have plenty to choose from. I know you are still smarting from Kirk Cousins face plant, but Ibelieve in redemption. You can do it! Let’s have 1 name..Thanks 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Just assume every QB is available. All you need to do is give 1 name. One QB who was drafted in double digit rounds or later, who will finish in the top 5 QBs for week 3.

I know I'm not officially playing, but if I was streaming a QB for Week 3 I'd take a good look at Goff.  The Vikings' defense just allowed a running QB with a career 60% completion rate to complete 89% of his passes en route to 333 yards passing on Monday night.  If they keep that up against the Lions, Goff (and Amon-Ra) are potential game-winners in Week 3.  Goff is currently QB9 already--but definitely drafted in the double digit rounds, if drafted at all.

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

Just assume every QB is available. All you need to do is give 1 name. One QB who was drafted in double digit rounds or later, who will finish in the top 5 QBs for week 3. You should have plenty to choose from. I know you are still smarting from Kirk Cousins face plant, but Ibelieve in redemption. You can do it! Let’s have 1 name..Thanks 

No can’t assume that, you have Mahomes he was your 5th round pick, I would stink with him, even thou he was not a good asset week two, he didn’t finish in the top 15 , that’s ok there still is hope,  but if you want to stream someone post the ones you like and I will do my best to help you pick one.  

Thanks. M. 

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No can’t assume that, you have Mahomes he was your 5th round pick, I would stink with him, even thou he was not a good asset week two, he didn’t finish in the top 15 , that’s ok there still is hope,  but if you want to stream someone post the ones you like and I will do my best to help you pick one.  

Thanks. M. 

Can’t even pick 1 name. Not just a fool, but a coward as well. Got it. Thanks 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

I showed you how one can win with drafting double digit rounds Qb. You brought up how great qbs score 30 points some weeks, just showing one how that can happen from time to time with other not so great qbs, I’m sorry it offended you, I really didn’t think you where so sensitive of a person, I’ll watch what I say to you going forward.  Ps let me know how I can help you manage your ff teams.

Thanks . Mm 

Tha

Come off it dude. You did not offend me.

Your argument you made is stupid. That is the issue. I'm asking you to prove yourself so we know what predictions you have and you can't answer that simple question. 

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

You asked me to name a double digit round Qb that will finish in the top five, I asked you to give me names of qbs available in your league , and I told you I’ll pick the one I think will be the best one.  What’s so hard about that.  

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Can’t even pick 1 name. Not just a fool, but a coward as well. Got it. Thanks 

No I’m not a coward, a coward wouldn’t keep coming back to this thread posting with you , but I am a fool, because I keep doing it.  

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Come off it dude. You did not offend me.

Your argument you made is stupid. That is the issue. I'm asking you to prove yourself so we know what predictions you have and you can't answer that simple question. 

List give me names of qbs available in your league , and please pick the one or ones since you have more than one league, then I will pick out the best one, that’s not hard.  Sorry about being a little rough.  

59 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You asked me to name a double digit round Qb that will finish in the top five, I asked you to give me names of qbs available in your league , and I told you I’ll pick the one I think will be the best one.  What’s so hard about that.  

No I’m not a coward, a coward wouldn’t keep coming back to this thread posting with you , but I am a fool, because I keep doing it.  

if you had cajones you’d produce a name. It’s not hard. Axe Elf did so in this very thread when he chose Jared Goff. You can keep hiding behind your skirt, it’s quite endearing…

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

if you had cajones you’d produce a name. It’s not hard. Axe Elf did so in this very thread when he chose Jared Goff. You can keep hiding behind your skirt, it’s quite endearing…

Names of qbs available in your league? Axe Elf said he’s good at ff, I’m not good at ff, been saying for the 26 years I’ve been posting here.  

Now you give me a few names of qbs available in your league and I will pick the one I think will be the best one.  Now I’m starting to think you don’t belong in a ff league, is that simply the case? If so that’s great , just let me know. Other wise I don’t know why you can’t list a few names for me to pick from, I promise to give it my best shot   

Yawn now it’s your turn to call me another name and more manhood challenges. Ok go? 🙃

Thanks mmm 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

List give me names of qbs available in your league , and please pick the one or ones since you have more than one league, then I will pick out the best one, that’s not hard.  Sorry about being a little rough.  

Jameis Winston

Mariota

Geno Smith

Mitch Trubisky

Baker Mayfield

Joe Flacco

found the "top 8 finish" guy.... my apologies to OP.  

On 9/16/2022 at 11:14 PM, Skinny_Bastard said:

Only 2 weeks.  My money says he won't finish in the top 5.  He sure did get hit a lot yesterday.

6 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Jameis Winston

Mariota

Geno Smith

Mitch Trubisky

Baker Mayfield

Joe Flacco

I like Goff but out of these I'd throw Flacco in for the simple fact that he is going up against the Bengals and should continue to have the volume he has shown through the first two weeks.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:54 PM, cmh6476 said:

Juju, mvs, Hardman, Moore and Watson are better than Hill, Robinson, Hardman, Pringle and Kemp.  Robinson was cut by the raiders and Pringle struggling to get pt with the bears.   I don't even know if Kemp is on a team right now.   Now we have 5 guys that are at least competent.   Still, just this guy's opinion. 

A deeper receiving corp isn't necessarily a better one.... 

The offense is different, looks different, attacks different, smells different, etc, as several of us were pointing out in the offseason.... Hill is one of the handful of WRs in this league that defenses game planned around.  KC no longer has this and it is going to take a few weeks for defenses to adjust to what they are doing differently.  As a KC fan this would be what I would worry about most...what happens then? 

32 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

A deeper receiving corp isn't necessarily a better one.

I guess I'd have to see evidence of a time that an NFL team attempted to get fewer playmakers on their receiving corp before I could stipulate to this.

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I guess I'd have to see evidence of a time that an NFL team attempted to get fewer playmakers on their receiving corp before I could stipulate to this.

you can argue this round and round....it is a personal preference, one that I see more valuable to have a generational talent like Tyreek to balance out a lesser top to bottom receiving corp.  

It is my preference to have what I consider the better squad with Tyreek vs. the deeper squad with NO Tyreek but a collection of more talented guys in the 3/4/5 spots.  

Are the Chiefs deeper at wide receiver this year than in past years with Tyreek??  I haven't seen an argument to suggest otherwise.  

Are the Chiefs better at wide receiver this year without Tyreek?  That remains to be seen but my personal opinion is, no, they are not "better".  They are different though, and different doesn't automatically = worse.  

Most people would consider the whole of the receiving corps when determining if one is "better" than the other, not merely which squad has the single best player.  In that usual sense, a deeper WR corps is always better.  The Chiefs may have had a better WR last year, but they have a better WR corps this year.

46 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Most people would consider the whole of the receiving corps when determining if one is "better" than the other, not merely which squad has the single best player.  In that usual sense, a deeper WR corps is always better.  The Chiefs may have had a better WR last year, but they have a better WR corps this year.

Plus it's just the reality that you can only have a handful of players eating up a majority of your cap.  QB, LT and DL are better investments for large contracts than a receiver.  It didn't really matter who Brady and Manning were throwing to over the years, as they made their receivers better players.  Mahomes should be able to do the same with his receivers who will change as years progress.

14 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Jameis Winston

Mariota

Geno Smith

Mitch Trubisky

Baker Mayfield

Joe Flacco

I think Geno 

20 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Plus it's just the reality that you can only have a handful of players eating up a majority of your cap.  QB, LT and DL are better investments for large contracts than a receiver.  It didn't really matter who Brady and Manning were throwing to over the years, as they made their receivers better players.  Mahomes should be able to do the same with his receivers who will change as years progress.

He should 🤝

39 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Was that so hard?

Was so hard to give me a list of names to choice from, I told you , give me a list of available qbs in your leagues and I’ll pick one, I was wait on you.  

Prof of that is, once you posted available qbs , I made my pick. 

Thanks. 

Per FootballGuys:  Patrick Mahomes is now 10-8 in games in which he has trailed by 10+ after the first quarter.  Everyone else is 147-832 in those situations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Was so hard to give me a list of names to choice from, I told you , give me a list of available qbs in your leagues and I’ll pick one, I was wait on you.  

Prof of that is, once you posted available qbs , I made my pick. 

Thanks. 

And you didn't ask for a list until about the 6th time I asked for your pick.

After 3 weeks, his passing yards is ranked 8th at 857 yards.    The big plays are missing in this offense.  Only 2 40+ yarders.  Avg yards per completion is below the 8.  The years where he was a top 3 QB, he avg above 8+ per completion.  Still early but all signs are pointing to a 5-10 ranking finish.   

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

The big plays are missing in this offense.

we kinda knew this was gonna happen.  you lose the best WR in pro football, your offense isnt gonna be nearly as dynamic.

That said, I do agree with your post.  you are not wrong.

Mahomes will finish in the 6-10 range.  

8 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I'm going to make a bold prediction that Tua will out perform him.

That's not bold; that already happened in Week 2.

He’s currently # 5 and dropping. 

Copied from a friend

Patrick Mahomes will play in his 67th career game tonight and needs 152 passing yards to reach 20,000 for his career. 

If he reaches it, he would set the record for fewest games in NFL history to hit the 20,000 mark. Matthew Stafford did it in 71.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Copied from a friend

Patrick Mahomes will play in his 67th career game tonight and needs 152 passing yards to reach 20,000 for his career. 

If he reaches it, he would set the record for fewest games in NFL history to hit the 20,000 mark. Matthew Stafford did it in 71.

So if he gets 152 passing yards in the next four games...