Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Thoughts on Mahomes so far....

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

None, I don’t target Qbs and Te and Kickers and def , simply my last four picks , I draft the best matchup for week one, and then move on into week two, and I might stream a new one or keep all or some going forward , key is to stream, and not be married to any of them.  

I only target Rbs and WRs.  

Good question i hope that helps you for next season.  

That is such a silly strategy. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Now that’s amazing 

One of these days I'd like to see a NextGen Stats graphic like:

Chiefs 10

Packers 31

8:25  4th

Packers' chance of winning:  13%

What I'd like is the Chiefs not to get down by 10 so often it requires these miraculous comebacks.   Between that and my 17 year old daughter, I'm losing years off my life. 

Mahomeboy id the best QB in the NFL.  Has been for a few years now.  Allen is really solid.  Rodgers still has skills but Im losing faith.  Brady is a whiny sloth.  Lamar Jackson is solid but I dont trust him.  Russ Wilson..... nevermind 🙄.  Justin Herbert is good but not a Mahomes. 

I dont think I missed anyone, did I? 

3 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Mahomeboy id the best QB in the NFL.  Has been for a few years now.  Allen is really solid.  Rodgers still has skills but Im losing faith.  Brady is a whiny sloth.  Lamar Jackson is solid but I dont trust him.  Russ Wilson..... nevermind 🙄.  Justin Herbert is good but not a Mahomes. 

rodgers is an a$$, but still a top qb. the packers have done him little favors recently via the draft and fa.

Jones/dillon is a very nice combo, but changes the nature/philosophy of their offense.

Mahomes regular season home dog for 1st time in professional career this Sunday.  5-0-1 ATS previous times as underdog.  2 SU losses in there I believe.  Bills backers should've jumped on the ML when it came out.  Bills secondary still beat up.... total is 54 😶

On 10/13/2022 at 6:53 AM, RoadLizard said:

His name is Bailey Zappe.

• Like 1

So after a third of the season, my leagues are showing:

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Mahomes

4. Burrow

5. Hurts

1. Allen

2. Mahomes

3. Jackson

4. Burrow

5. Hurts

1. Allen

2. Mahomes

3. Jackson

4. Hurts

5. Burrow

But keep waiting on those other qbs :lol:

Isn’t that the way it should be going? 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

So after a third of the season, my leagues are showing:

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Mahomes

4. Burrow

5. Hurts

1. Allen

2. Mahomes

3. Jackson

4. Burrow

5. Hurts

1. Allen

2. Mahomes

3. Jackson

4. Hurts

5. Burrow

But keep waiting on those other qbs :lol:

And at #6:  Geno Smith...

52 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

And at #6:  Geno Smith...

Fair point, but the top five were the consensus top 5 heading into the season.

crickets from @weepaws

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Isn’t that the way it should be going? 

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

crickets from @weepaws

What crickets. Open ones eyes. 

I’m seeing it Murray at #6 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What crickets. Open ones eyes. 

oops

25 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I do have one share of Mahomes for sentimental reasons, but I generally treat QBs like Ks and Ds when it comes to the draft, and when I do, I'm not expecting to get a top 5 QB.  If I get a great one by accident, then awesome, but I'm mostly hoping just to get one of those in the QB6-QB17 range that all score within 2-3 points of each other in any given week.  So pointing out that the preseason top 5 are still the top 5 during the season is largely irrelevant to the strategy--that's what the strategy expects.

So you have those top 5 all averaging more than 22 ppg, and then you have a gaggle of double-digit round QBs all scoring between 16 and 19 points per week.  Goff is actually QB6 in ppg, having had his bye last week, and Geno Smith is QB8, with 19.7 and 18.7 ppg respectively.  Then you have Tua, Wentz, Carr, Cousins, Lawrence, Mariota and Winston at QB10 - QB16, from 17.6 ppg down to 16.3 ppg.

And then you have all those single-digit round picks that people used on a QB and now wish they had used on a skill player, like Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Stafford and Prescott, or even the preseason darlings Fields and Lance--all of which are averaging 15 ppg or less.

So basically no change--if you can't or don't want to get one of the top 5 QBs, then wait until late and either get lucky, stream, or stream until you get lucky.

• Like 1

Nice. 

On 10/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, AxeElf said:

I do have one share of Mahomes for sentimental reasons, but I generally treat QBs like Ks and Ds when it comes to the draft, and when I do, I'm not expecting to get a top 5 QB.  If I get a great one by accident, then awesome, but I'm mostly hoping just to get one of those in the QB6-QB17 range that all score within 2-3 points of each other in any given week.  So pointing out that the preseason top 5 are still the top 5 during the season is largely irrelevant to the strategy--that's what the strategy expects.

So you have those top 5 all averaging more than 22 ppg, and then you have a gaggle of double-digit round QBs all scoring between 16 and 19 points per week.  Goff is actually QB6 in ppg, having had his bye last week, and Geno Smith is QB8, with 19.7 and 18.7 ppg respectively.  Then you have Tua, Wentz, Carr, Cousins, Lawrence, Mariota and Winston at QB10 - QB16, from 17.6 ppg down to 16.3 ppg.

And then you have all those single-digit round picks that people used on a QB and now wish they had used on a skill player, like Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Stafford and Prescott, or even the preseason darlings Fields and Lance--all of which are averaging 15 ppg or less.

So basically no change--if you can't or don't want to get one of the top 5 QBs, then wait until late and either get lucky, stream, or stream until you get lucky.

I think my point is Burrow is winning me games some weeks by himself.   Your waiver wire scrubs and top tier wrs aren't because I have comparable options. 

I don't know, you guys.   Mahomes is pretty good. 

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I think my point is Burrow is winning me games some weeks by himself.   Your waiver wire scrubs and top tier wrs aren't because I have comparable options. 

My first-place, most-points-scored Superflex PPR team sporting Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones, and Jameis Winston at QB and Jefferson, Diggs, Amon-Ra and Lockett at WR would like a word with you.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Mahomes is pretty good in real life and on my fantasy team. 

He'll never win another super bowl though, you know. 

37 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

That would tie him with Brady for the number of future Super Bowls that will be won, and Brady is widely considered to be the Greatest Of All Time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That would tie him with Brady for the number of future Super Bowls that will be won, and Brady is widely considered to be the Greatest Of All Time.

👏 😂

On 10/23/2022 at 7:10 PM, cmh6476 said:

I don't know, you guys.   Mahomes is pretty good. 

my favorite thread to come back and check on here lmao 

9 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Never say never.

Andy Reid is one smart football guy.  odds are good he could very well find a way.   The offense hasnt been terrible.  certainly not what it was with Tyreek, but still very very good.

that says something.  I wouldnt rule these guys out yet.

9 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Never say never.

Andy Reid is one smart football guy.  odds are good he could very well find a way.   The offense hasnt been terrible.  certainly not what it was with Tyreek, but still very very good.

that says something.  I wouldnt rule these guys out yet.

hasn't been terrible.....lmfao. 

#1 OVERALL in the entire league offensive dvoa....yes, "hasn't been terrible" is exactly how I would describe it 🤣

59 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

hasn't been terrible.....lmfao. 

#1 OVERALL in the entire league offensive dvoa....yes, "hasn't been terrible" is exactly how I would describe it 🤣

compared to what they were I'd say its a reasonable comment.   offense was far more dynamic with Tyreek Hill there.    but we are comparing KC offense to its former self.  Maybe not a fair comparison.

10 hours ago, Ray_T said:

The offense hasnt been terrible.  certainly not what it was with Tyreek, but still very very good.

You have been saying this all season, but is it accurate? Well through 7 games the Chiefs have scored 230 points this year. Last year through 7 games the Chiefs scored 176 points. I failed out of third grade but even I know that 230 is a bigger number than176, by quite a bit actually. Now is Tyreek Hill a great and explosive receiver, of course. I happily own him in my BML. Your perception of the current Chiefs offense, however, just doesn't mesh with reality...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

You have been saying this all season, but is it accurate? Well through 7 games the Chiefs have scored 230 points this year. Last year through 7 games the Chiefs scored 176 points. I failed out of third grade but even I know that 230 is a bigger number than176, by quite a bit actually. Now is Tyreek Hill a great and explosive receiver, of course. I happily own him in my BML. Your perception of the current Chiefs offense, however, just doesn't mesh with reality...

Exactly.   This offense is more dynamic than last year. 

Glad someone else bumped this. 

On 11/13/2022 at 2:53 PM, kcBlitzkrieg said:

“Eating Popcorn emoji” 

mAhOmES IsNt ElITe  bwahahahahaha 

He's fun to watch

Mahomes has now won 25 straight games in the months of November and December, not only proving how clutch he is down the stretch, but also setting the record for the longest such streak in ANY two month period since QB wins were first recorded in 1950.

Let that sink in.

Mahomes is now 14-0 against afc west foes on the road. 

On 9/16/2022 at 11:10 AM, Ray_T said:

so far I think hes about what I thought hed be.

still very good.   but now a notch below elite as a fantasy QB with the loss of Hill.

in real life hes still a stud QB but for fantasy purposes, a notch below.   

to be clear, he is still startable.  still very good.    Just not a top 3 QB for fantasy anymore.

that may change as Sky Moore develops as a player.   but with the talent on the team now, this is about where I expect him to be.   He will have some very good games, and a few meh type games.

Patrick Mahomes is still the #1 QB in fantasy football, and #1 QB in real NFL football.

20 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Patrick Mahomes is still the #1 QB in fantasy football, and #1 QB in real NFL football.

To be fair he did say he was startable...

I’ll never own him, to early for me but I’ve never own Brady or Manning or Montana  or other great qbs, i can win in ff with the double digit round qbs.