Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

White House ‘Nutrition Advisor’ Claims Lucky Charms Are Healthier Than Chicken

https://static-content.springer.com/esm/art%3A10.1038%2Fs43016-021-00381-y/MediaObjects/43016_2021_381_MOESM1_ESM.pdf

Name - Food Compass Score

Cereal (General Mills Lucky Charms) - 60

Chicken breast, grilled without sauce, skin eaten - 53

Depends on metrics of how they determine healthy.  Im sure there are more vitamins in cereal than in one hormone filled chicken breast.  I am not seeing the outrage.  For a balanced diet. Lcharms is probably better.

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Depends on metrics of how they determine healthy.  Im sure there are more vitamins in cereal than in one hormone filled chicken breast.  I am not seeing the outrage.  For a balanced diet. Lcharms is probably better.

It's not. Diet coke has more vitamins than water. That doesn't make it healthier. By any metric Lucky Charms is trash.

• Like 1

I'm calling this total bull.  I saw page 2 and said "Nope".  Page 2, Sweet potato "fries"... "FRIED", has a 69.  There is a total of ZERO nutritional value in deep fried foods.  They are completely, 100%, bad for you.  You literally, should NEVER eat, deep fried foods.  Ever.  Any possible good thing from the original item prior to deep frying it, is completely wasted after it's been fried.  Even if you get a healthy amount of a particular vitamin or mineral in that item, the negative impact of it being fried, far more outweighs the positive.  The net gain, is always a negative.  Literally, 100% of the time.

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm calling this total bull.  I saw page 2 and said "Nope".  Page 2, Sweet potato "fries"... "FRIED", has a 69.  There is a total of ZERO nutritional value in deep fried foods.  They are completely, 100%, bad for you.  You literally, should NEVER eat, deep fried foods.  Ever.  Any possible good thing from the original item prior to deep frying it, is completely wasted after it's been fried.  Even if you get a healthy amount of a particular vitamin or mineral in that item, the negative impact of it being fried, far more outweighs the positive.  The net gain, is always a negative.  Literally, 100% of the time.

Oils used for deep frying are trash and not necessaily because of fat content.  They are inflammatory as fuk and can cause you a gazillion health problems way before they clog your arteries.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Oils used for deep frying are trash and not necessaily because of fat content.  They are inflammatory as fuk and can cause you a gazillion health problems way before they clog your arteries.

Cholesterol is the bigger issue, not fat, yes.

53 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

https://static-content.springer.com/esm/art%3A10.1038%2Fs43016-021-00381-y/MediaObjects/43016_2021_381_MOESM1_ESM.pdf

Our food pyramid is trash.  Sugar is way more harmful for you than chicken skin.  The government wants you on a grain/sugar heavy diet with tiny amounts of fat and incomplete proteins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Cholesterol is the bigger issue, not fat, yes.

I would argue sugar is more harmful than dietary cholesterol.  But a diet of virtually anything that puts you in a caloric surplus is not good.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The next week is not going to be healthy at all for me then.  Lots of drinking and eating fried fish.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thornton Melon said:

How about BooBerry?

Didn't make the list. BooBerry gets no respect.

39 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I would argue sugar is more harmful than dietary cholesterol.  But a diet of virtually anything that puts you in a caloric surplus is not good.

You would lose that argument.  Your nervous system is run solely on glucose, your body needs sugar.  Sugar is also vital to staying healthy.  If you have a healthy lifestyle, it includes exercise.  When you exercise, your muscles breakdown and create lactic acid.  Sugar is the best response to that.  Sugar aids your muscles in rebuilding and removing the lactic acid.  Without the proper amount of sugar, the lactic acid will build and cause soreness in bones and joints.  That pain you get from weightlifting, the day after?  It's due to lack of carbohydrates and protein in your system.  It's a macronutrient, just like fat and protein.  They are vital.  Cholesterol is for the most part is bad.  Your body only needs a very small amount dietary cholesterol.  Excess just builds in your arteries.  You know what the best thing is for eliminating excess cholesterol is?  Fiber.  Where do you find fiber?  In foods high in sugar... fruits.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The next week is not going to be healthy at all for me then.  Lots of drinking and eating fried fish.

No one is perfect.  Just saying that any chart that includes fried foods as a healthy option, is 100%, full of crap. It literally is the most unhealthy thing you can eat.  It really isn't even debatable.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

No one is perfect.  Just saying that any chart that includes fried foods as a healthy option, is 100%, full of crap. It literally is the most unhealthy thing you can eat.

There's no way I could convince anyone that fried foods are good for you.  I mean, just look at it being made.  It is incredibly delicious though.

I'm guessing fried oreos are super bad then.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You would lose that argument.  Your nervous system is run solely on glucose, your body needs sugar.  Sugar is also vital to staying healthy.  If you have a healthy lifestyle, it includes exercise.  When you exercise, your muscles breakdown and create lactic acid.  Sugar is the best response to that.  Sugar aids your muscles in rebuilding and removing the lactic acid.  Without the proper amount of sugar, the lactic acid will build and cause soreness in bones and joints.  That pain you get from weightlifting, the day after?  It's due to lack of carbohydrates and protein in your system.  It's a macronutrient, just like fat and protein.  They are vital.  Cholesterol is for the most part is bad.  Your body only needs a very small amount dietary cholesterol.  Excess just builds in your arteries.  You know what the best thing is for eliminating excess cholesterol is?  Fiber.  Where do you find fiber?  In foods high in sugar... fruits.

Yeah this is not accurate 

Which grape soda is the best for you? I’d guess Welch’s? 

35 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Im no fan of elimationation of anything per se, but your body doesnt need sugar. Glucose is obviously very easy for the body to turn into energy,  but it doesn't need it.  It needs glycogen stores, which can absolutely be derived from a zero carb diet. Again, Im a fan of everything in moderation but our federal diet guidlines are crap.  Its way too carb heavy, but theyre cheap so I get it. Also, serum cholesterol has little to do with dietary cholesterol.  Excess dietary sugar makes way more people fat and dead than cholesterol.   

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Im no fan of elimationation of anything per se, but your body doesnt need sugar. Glucose is obviously very easy for the body to turn into energy,  but it doesn't need it.  It needs glycogen stores, which can absolutely be derived from a zero carb diet. Again, Im a fan of everything in moderation but our federal diet guidlines are crap.  Its way too carb heavy, but theyre cheap so I get it. Also, serum cholesterol has little to do with dietary cholesterol.  Excess dietary sugar makes way more people fat and dead than cholesterol.   

Word.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You're completely wrong on this.  It's not even an opinion, it's a fact.  Your body does NOT produce sugar on its own.  It needs to be consumed.  As I said, your entire nervous system runs on glucose.  You're body absolutey NEEDS sugar to survive.  If you never ate sugar in your life, the plus side is, it won't be an issue very long because you'll be dead.  Your nervous system will shut down completely.

That's not to say that excessive sugar doesn't hurt.  It is very harmful and you will have negative affects from it, but you'll at least live long enough to take medications. Obviously that's not preferred, but it's definitely preferred than never eating it.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You're completely wrong on this.  It's not even an opinion, it's a fact.  Your body does NOT produce sugar on its own.  It needs to be consumed.  As I said, your entire nervous system runs on glucose.  You're body absolutey NEEDS sugar to survive.  If you never ate sugar in your life, the plus side is, it won't be an issue very long because you'll be dead.  Your nervous system will shut down completely.

That's not to say that excessive sugar doesn't hurt.  It is very harmful and you will have negative affects from it, but you'll at least live long enough to take medications. Obviously that's not preferred, but it's definitely preferred than never eating it.

Why don't people die on zero sugar diets?

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You're retarded.

Your liver can turn fat into glucose

14 minutes ago, Chronic Fockster said:

You're retarded.

Your liver can turn fat into glucose

Can it turn a chargers fan into a giants fan, a Trump voter into a cuck, and a disgusting homophobe into woke back mountain like happened to you? 

• Haha 1

Lucky Charms are the most healthy food on the planet.

Everything's after me Lucky Charms.

Frosted Mini-Wheats - 87

Watermelon - 100

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

Being a ham planet is bad for you. Eat what you want if you can work it off, if you can't, eat less.

Fatphobic

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Fatphobic

Yep. Focking land whales are repulsive on every level. You are mentally ill if you let yourself get to land whale status 

4 hours ago, Chronic Fockster said:

Diversity is our strength

It's a total weakness when it comes to particular diversity. 

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Didn't make the list. BooBerry gets no respect.

rusty likes hairy boobs and gets no respect.

21 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

rusty likes hairy boobs and gets no respect.

Your mom loved me motorboating her hairy boobs, and I even made rum rum sounds to heighten the experience.

6 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Do you sleep with tucker carlson? FAKE NEWS......................................