Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Michael Pittman Jr. Out for Week 2

Taylor racked up 70 points for me in my two run-centric leagues last week--100 together with Henry--this week he's going for the solo hunnerd.

If you own Hines, this would be the right time to flex him. N

I think Parris campbell is the guy you wanna pickup.  the report is that he actually had a very good camp.

he got moderate usage in week 1, but I think hes primed for a good week.   the opportunity will be there for him.   if he cant break out here, he likely never will.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

If you own Hines, this would be the right time to flex him. N

Flex him over Zeke in .5 ppr?

2 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Well, guess I don't have to decide between Hunt or Patterson now.

The Falcons just put Damien Williams on IR too, so Patterson should be a good play these next few weeks

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, polecatt said:

The Falcons just put Damien Williams on IR too, so Patterson should be a good play these next few weeks

Bah.  Thank goodness this guy is just my like 5th RB (but in most of my leagues) behind Patterson in a couple--but these ribs of his could barbecue a good chance to mine a legit starter from the last round coal shaft.

He returned to the game after the injury, and he was going to play in Week 2, and then he was out for Week 2, and now he's on IR?

Guess I don't have to drop anyone when Gallup comes off IR...

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Bah.  Thank goodness this guy is just my like 5th RB (but in most of my leagues) behind Patterson in a couple--but these ribs of his could barbecue a good chance to mine a legit starter from the last round coal shaft.

He returned to the game after the injury, and he was going to play in Week 2, and then he was out for Week 2, and now he's on IR?

Guess I don't have to drop anyone when Gallup comes off IR...

Makes me wonder if they're just buying time before they release him.

It doesn't sound like an IR injury. Allegier is going to undoubtedly get some touches now, so maybe the thinking is, if he's good, they're gonna release Williams

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

Makes me wonder if they're just buying time before they release him.

It doesn't sound like an IR injury. Allegier is going to undoubtedly get some touches now, so maybe the thinking is, if he's good, they're gonna release Williams

Maybe, but that makes no sense given what's happened so far.  Why wouldn't Allgeier get the start in the opener, make Williams the healthy scratch, and then do like you said.

Apparently they saw enough in preseason to keep Williams active and scratch Allgeier, but after two carries and a rib injury they're ready to cut Williams loose if Allgeier has a good game in relief?

It just makes no sense.

Sounds to me more like Williams is just kind of a poosie.  Opted out of 2020 ''cause of COVID, din't try too hard in Chicago, got an owie in Week 1 that will now keep him out until at least Week 6?

C'mon man...

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe, but that makes no sense given what's happened so far.  Why wouldn't Allgeier get the start in the opener, make Williams the healthy scratch, and then do like you said.

Apparently they saw enough in preseason to keep Williams active and scratch Allgeier, but after two carries and a rib injury they're ready to cut Williams loose if Allgeier has a good game in relief?

It just makes no sense.

Sounds to me more like Williams is just kind of a poosie.  Opted out of 2020 ''cause of COVID, din't try too hard in Chicago, got an owie in Week 1 that will now keep him out until at least Week 6?

C'mon man...

Well, a lot can change in a week. We know now that they're gonna lean heavily on Patterson for the time being. Maybe they planned to ease the rookie into the role and the injury just forced their hand?  Who knows?

I'm just saying it's a possibility. It doesn't make much sense with what we know right now, no,  but there's often more to it than we know.

Most likely, it's like you said, he's just a poosie

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

We know now that they're gonna lean heavily on Patterson for the time being.

They're going to, but I don't think they wanted to.  I think they wanted Williams to shoulder enough of the load to keep Patterson fresh for the long haul.  Remains to be seen if Allgeier can get that done, but if he can over the next four weeks, it's bad news for Williams.

Kinda funny how fast Allgeier is being snapped up from waiver wires when you could get Williams basically for free in the draft.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

They're going to, but I don't think they wanted to.  I think they wanted Williams to shoulder enough of the load to keep Patterson fresh for the long haul.  Remains to be seen if Allgeier can get that done, but if he can over the next four weeks, it's bad news for Williams.

Kinda funny how fast Allgeier is being snapped up from waiver wires when you could get Williams basically for free in the draft.

Are you going to get Allgeier and drop Williams? Or more wait and see for a couple of weeks?

56 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

Are you going to get Allgeier and drop Williams? Or more wait and see for a couple of weeks?

Right now I have no reason to drop Williams in any league that I have him, but I'm open to it if better players present themselves.  I don't consider Allgeier to be a better player, and I don't believe that the Falcons do at this point either, but I'm open to changing my opinion if it appears that they do.

In the two leagues where I also have Patterson, Williams' absence is kind of a plus, as I can start Patterson with more confidence.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I picked him up because I put Chris Godwin on IR. My league is dynasty though. It's worth a shot to roster him for a couple of weeks at least to have an inside track on potential starting rookie RB. Patterson is one of my starters so if he goes down, I have the guy who should take his place. If that happens and he plays well, I have a rookie RB with tremendous trade value.

If one has the room, or a tough rb roster, I would pick him up just to see what he might be, but he couldn’t get pass Patterson or D Williams during the preseason, so I don’t expect much.  But maybe he get hot and starts to roll.  

Me nope I don’t need him.  

Good luck if you do pick him up.  

Had to move st Brown up from the flex spot to wr. That leaves me a choice between Doubs and Etienne for my flex. Thoughts? Opinions?

11 minutes ago, Jeebus said:

Had to move st Brown up from the flex spot to wr. That leaves me a choice between Doubs and Etienne for my flex. Thoughts? Opinions?

Ppr? And who else do you roster?m

1 hour ago, Jeebus said:

I dunno about feastin', but he should be Eatienning!

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Ppr? And who else do you roster?m

.5 ppr. I have friermuth, juju, and d. Pierce on my bench.

28 minutes ago, Jeebus said:

Well don't start Juju.

1 hour ago, Jeebus said:

Thanks, I’m going to pick D Pierce.  

Good luck with the decision you make.  

I'm going to be interested in seeing what Ashton Dulin does with the opportunity.  6 targets week 1, he's a guy I've been following during training camp.  Just a good football player.  Not necessarily polished receiver though.

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Thanks, I’m going to pick D Pierce.  

Good luck with the decision you make.  

I think Rodgers is gonna try to make up for the poor showing last week and air it out. Going with the gut feeling and putting Doubs in. It's a gamble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeebus said:

I think Rodgers is gonna try to make up for the poor showing last week and air it out. Going with the gut feeling and putting Doubs in. It's a gamble.

I’ll be rooting for Mr Doubs.  

Wow even bigger news is the lack of performance from Taylor. 

I don’t own him, but two I’m playing against him.  

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wow even bigger news is the lack of performance from Taylor. 

I don’t own him, but two I’m playing against do.  

Lucky you!

hahaha... Colts suck!

On 9/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, crackills said:

colts are going to get rolled . Ursay's news conference Monday should we fun to watch.. he is such a tool

21 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Lucky you!

Indeed.