Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

2022 Most overrated players in Fantasy Football

Recommended Posts

Darnell Mooney

Russell Gage

Cam Akers

Travis Etienne

 

Agree?/Disagree?

Who you got?

 

2021 MVP of most overrated players: Mike Davis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

N Harris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weepaws said:

N Harris

 

Double digit half ppr points once again against a tough D. Not bad at all…

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Double digit half ppr points once again against a tough D. Not bad at all…

Not really for a mid first round pick, he’s on pace half ppr for about 170 points , Dillon scored 170 points half ppr last season, he was 23rd in points scored for Rbs.  

You think that’s good for a mid rd1 rb? 

No one that drafted N Harris would be happy with that lack of ff production. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weepaws said:

Not really for a mid first round pick, he’s on pace half ppr for about 170 points , Dillon scored 170 points half ppr last season, he was 23rd in points scored for Rbs.  

You think that’s good for a mid rd1 rb? 

No one that drafted N Harris would be happy with that lack of ff production. 

Against tough defenses he is averaging double digit points. But for those that actually watch the games there is something called context. In week 1 he looked pretty bad. Today, he looked like the Najee from last year. Decisive, making people miss. If you still can buy low. Thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens. I'm not one of those guys that's going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don't sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much."  - Kyler Murray

The Cardinals are stuck with Einstein for the next 5 years. Can't trade him, can't cut him - cap hit in 2024 will be $52 mill.   :lol:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Darnell Mooney

Russell Gage

Cam Akers

Travis Etienne

 

Agree?/Disagree?

Who you got?

 

2021 MVP of most overrated players: Mike Davis

Don't you have to be "rated" before you can be "overrated"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Against tough defenses he is averaging double digit points. But for those that actually watch the games there is something called context. In week 1 he looked pretty bad. Today, he looked like the Najee from last year. Decisive, making people miss. If you still can buy low. Thanks...

Some one that drafted him in the first round , isn’t going to sale cheap.  

If you drafted him in the mid first round and your happy with his 10 point avg half ppr great.  

He’s going to end up disappointing many.  

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weepaws said:

 isn’t going to sale cheap.  

I thought these were typos or autocorrects the first 5 times I saw them.  

The word "sale" is a noun.  The word you're looking for is sell.  People sell stuff.  They go to a sale or they make a sale.  Sell is a verb denoting an action as in an investor isn't going to sell something too cheap.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Don't you have to be "rated" before you can be "overrated"?

ADP = Average Draft Position.  They were drafted, too high in almost every league in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

"I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens. I'm not one of those guys that's going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don't sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much."  - Kyler Murray

The Cardinals are stuck with Einstein for the next 5 years. Can't trade him, can't cut him - cap hit in 2024 will be $52 mill.   :lol:

Still doesn't make him overrated in fantasy football though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nobody said:

I thought these were typos or autocorrects the first 5 times I saw them.  

The word "sale" is a noun.  The word you're looking for is sell.  People sell stuff.  They go to a sale or they make a sale.  Sell is a verb denoting an action as in an investor isn't going to sell something too cheap.

 

 

We agree.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kutulu said:

Still doesn't make him overrated in fantasy football though.

Don't you go judging leagues that include aptitude tests in their scoring system now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur Smith drafted Pitts with the 4th pick in the draft. He has yet to even justify him being a first or second round pick, never mind the 4th pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have him, but I'm sure there are plenty of disappointed Ekeler owners.  High first round draft pick getting 14 carries/game and no TDs.  Good thing he's involved in the passing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Darnell Mooney

Russell Gage

Cam Akers

Travis Etienne

 

Agree?/Disagree?

Who you got?

 

2021 MVP of most overrated players: Mike Davis

i guess from a general public standpoint I agree but Mooney and Gage were don't draft players for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Arthur Smith drafted Pitts with the 4th pick in the draft. He has yet to even justify him being a first or second round pick, never mind the 4th pick. 

To be fair, when your QB's don't even belong in the NFL, your surrounding talent sucks, and defense sucks, what can a 1st and 2nd year TE really do?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

To be fair, when your QB's don't even belong in the NFL, your surrounding talent sucks, and defense sucks, what can a 1st and 2nd year TE really do?

Nope. Not after 19 games. And he had Matt Ryan last year. Not that he’s all that, but he’s NFL caliber.  And Smith signed Marriotta. I guess Smith isn’t so bright without Henry to hand off to. Just like that moron on Denver isn’t so bright without Rodgers to make him look good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. Not after 19 games. And he had Matt Ryan last year. Not that he’s all that, but he’s NFL caliber.  And Smith signed Marriotta. I guess Smith isn’t so bright without Henry to hand off to. Just like that moron on Denver isn’t so bright without Rodgers to make him look good. 

Matt Ryan blows.  He's not an NFL starter any more.  Hasn't been for a few years now.

TE's have the slowest attrition rate of the skill position players.  Combine that with bad coaches, bad QB's, bad team... there's no hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mid first round pick N Harris, he’s right now a low rb2 half ppr. 

He’s the pick.  Can’t pick Pitts , he should have been picked until the double digit rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s gotta be Derrick Henry top 5 overall pick who is currently a RB3 in avg ppg in half ppr. Thanks…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrokh said:

It’s gotta be Derrick Henry top 5 overall pick who is currently a RB3 in avg ppg in half ppr. Thanks…

Nice weepaws impression, but it would be even more accurate if you put your head up your butt first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Nice weepaws impression, but it would be even more accurate if you put your head up your butt first.

That will happen after Henry plays tonight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Nice weepaws impression, but it would be even more accurate if you put your head up your butt first.

Tried that already. Since this thread had already devolved into nonsense I figured if you can’t beat ‘em join them…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, weepaws said:

That will happen after Henry plays tonight.  

Nah his 1.9 ypc did little to move the needle. Still barely a RB3. Would not like to be one who spent a top 5 pick on the most overrated player. Mmmmm…

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JesterElf’s favorite player. 
 

Henry is a huge bust so far. 
Yes, I called it before the season. 
 

In D face, In D face!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

JesterElf’s favorite player.

Not sure why you'd bring up Amon-Ra St. Brown in a thread about overrated players...?

(Assuming the slur was directed at me, and not some other elf.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Nah his 1.9 ypc did little to move the needle. Still barely a RB3. Would not like to be one who spent a top 5 pick on the most overrated player. Mmmmm…

Thanks.

Who spent a top five pick on Henry? , his adp in half ppr wasn’t top five.  

Thanks  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lod001 said:

Russell Wilson. Denver bought the Seahawks garbage.

Maybe - but it really just seems like the Denver coaching staff is in over their heads.  There are many examples of great coordinators who turn out to be ineffective head coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Showboat said:

Maybe - but it really just seems like the Denver coaching staff is in over their heads.  There are many examples of great coordinators who turn out to be ineffective head coaches.

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, weepaws said:

N Harris

 

I would second this.  Drafted 6th in my league and he is RB24 so far.  I would think it was a two week aberration but I don't see many reasons why it will get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skinsrule05 said:

I would second this.  Drafted 6th in my league and he is RB24 so far.  I would think it was a two week aberration but I don't see many reasons why it will get better.

Najee has more points currently than both Henry and Dalvin Cook, who had higher ADP’s. Based on that they would be bigger busts. So there you go…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what people were saying last year after J Taylor’s first three games? I know I wasn’t happy. Glad I stuck it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wonder what people were saying last year after J Taylor’s first three games? I know I wasn’t happy. Glad I stuck it out. 

Good move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×