Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

After the yard work, I spent most of my walking around downtown for my favorite bi-yearly event, Artprize(pictures). Just one of the coolest things ever for a 200K city to do.  Great weather too, so it was just awesome to leisurely check everything out. I'll be taking an extra day off this week to see more on Saturday...if you ever have a chance to come to the area in September, this should be on the top of your must do list, along with having a pizza and a beer(or a sampler) at the The Mitten Brewery.

On this date in 1960 Chubby Checker's "The Twist" hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.  

Every geek have a great week.

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

That TV isnt going to hang itself. 

LOL---you are right, it's been another weekend where I completely ignored doing that.   

Sounds fun, I love art festivals.  In fact long ago we went to one in Petoskey; my inlaws used to have a cabin in Boyne City which is not too far from there.  We bought a painting of some birds which is hanging in one of our spare bathrooms; we are trying to come up with names for each bathroom to differentiate them but nothing has stuck; this week my wife proposed calling it the "bird bath" which has potential.  :D 

I love all the twist songs. The twist, let’s twist again, twisting the night away, the peppermint twist, twist and shout. Even the Fat Boys  version of the Twist. 

Drove through on Friday for a day trip to Holland, stopped at Cascade Roadhouse on the way back for lunch.  Good food and cool outdoor eating area.

3 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

Drove through on Friday for a day trip to Holland, stopped at Cascade Roadhouse on the way back for lunch.  Good food and cool outdoor eating area.

That's 3 miles down the road from our new office. I haven't eaten there yet, but will soon.  :thumbsup:

Had a job in Brooklyn on Saturday. I’ve been out there a lot lately. Seeing all the filth and disorder that was prevalent in the early 90’s. Abandoned cars, trash everywhere, graffiti.  The saving grace for NYC stat wise is that low level drug dealers don’t kill each other over corners anymore as the drug trade has moved to using phones and doing meets instead of hanging on a corner. The drug dealers don’t interact like they once did. But the street crimes have increased and more non combatants are getting shot and killed. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Had a job in Brooklyn on Saturday. I’ve been out there a lot lately. Seeing all the filth and disorder that was prevalent in the early 90’s. Abandoned cars, trash everywhere, graffiti.  The saving grace for NYC stat wise is that low level drug dealers don’t kill each other over corners anymore as the drug trade has moved to using phones and doing meets instead of hanging on a corner. The drug dealers don’t interact like they once did. But the street crimes have increased and more non combatants are getting shot and killed. 

Sounds like a great day. Please tell us more. 

16 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Sounds like a great day. Please tell us more. 

What do you want to know? Took some people to a wedding at the Brooklyn botanical garden.  The area around it looked like shite, just like 30 years ago. It was like going back in time. I ate at Popeyes. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What do you want to know? Took some people to a wedding at the Brooklyn botanical garden.  The area around it looked like shite, just like 30 years ago. It was like going back in time. I ate at Popeyes. 

I was being facetious