Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Mike Evans gets 1-game Suspension

A me type of person. 

34 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Wish his dumb ass had gotten suspended before the Saints game, London would have done a better job for me. 

How would an Evans suspension affect London's performance?

I think he would have started London if Evans wasn’t available. 

Anyone with half a brain knows this was all started by Lattimore who is a thug.

He is a very aggressive and strong defender, don't get me wrong.  He did that all on purpose. You know he is very happy with this news.  Just look at the tape, especially when he leaves the stadium. (high 5s and all).

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Anyone with half a brain knows this was all started by Lattimore who is a thug.

He is a very aggressive and strong defender, don't get me wrong.  He did that all on purpose. You know he is very happy with this news.  Just look at the tape, especially when he leaves the stadium. (high 5s and all).

I liked seeing him put on his arse by Evans.

Looked like Tom Brady's fault to me.  Whining as usual, and then because he can't fight his own battles everyone on the bucs thinks they need to go defend him.

4 hours ago, nobody said:

Looked like Tom Brady's fault to me.  Whining as usual, and then because he can't fight his own battles everyone on the bucs thinks they need to go defend him.

Yeah ok…🙄

16 hours ago, nobody said:

What ?

ALL NFL teams don’t defend their QB?

I think the Bucs stepped it up a notch after he was ejected !

What the heck does Brady have against tablets.  

Evans earns $16.5 million per year, but can't control his temper.

"To hell with my teammates, coaches, and entire organization... I'm gonna act tough!"

What a jackass. :thumbsdown:

I thought the Evans move was a little b¡tch-made.  Lattimore was already engaged with Fournette and Evans comes sprinting across the field for a flying shove to a dude who isn't even looking.  It was about to over until that POS got involved.

He did the exact same thing last time they got into an altercation.  I guess he doesn't like getting shut down by Lattimore all the time.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, not even close.

Yeah he is, for the most part they all are, it’s all about the money in today’s game, not about the team, keep seeing it over and over and over and over.  

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yeah he is, for the most part they all are, it’s all about the money in today’s game, not about the team, keep seeing it over and over and over and over.  

Wrong again.  Want to go for the trifecta?

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wrong again.  Want to go for the trifecta?

Not wrong , they don’t play to win the game, they play to get paid from the game.  It’s not the same game, these players today don’t have the same team comes first attitude.  

And it shows up when some one does something like Evans did, now he can’t play next week, costing him a change to help his team win, just to satisfy himself.  I see stuff like this as a me type of move, you don’t no problem. 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not wrong , they don’t play to win the game, they play to get paid from the game.  It’s not the same game, these players today don’t have the same team comes first attitude.  

And it shows up when some one does something like Evans did, now he can’t play next week, costing him a change to help his team win, just to satisfy himself.  I see stuff like this as a me type of move, you don’t no problem. 

I'm only talking about Evans, not others.  Go fine ONE article, ANY article, about Evans ever being selfish, greedy, bigger than the game, bigger than the team, etc.  Evans, as a teammate, is beyond reproach.  The guy never complained about playing second fiddle to Vincent Jackson for 2 years, despite being better than him on Day 1.  He never complained about playing with garbage QB's like Matt Glennon and Josh McCown or Winston and Fitzpatrick.  He never demanded to be paid before his contract was up.  He never held out.  He signed his first new deal before anyone even knew there were discussions, because, he never made it about himself.  After Brady got to Tampa, Evans offered to redo his deal if Brady wanted more money.  After winning the Super Bowl, he offered to take a pay cut in another new deal to make sure the team got everyone back that they wanted/needed to.

Next time you want to make a generalized statement about a player, you might want to make sure you know what you're talking about.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm only talking about Evans, not others.  Go fine ONE article, ANY article, about Evans ever being selfish, greedy, bigger than the game, bigger than the team, etc.  Evans, as a teammate, is beyond reproach.  The guy never complained about playing second fiddle to Vincent Jackson for 2 years, despite being better than him on Day 1.  He never complained about playing with garbage QB's like Matt Glennon and Josh McCown or Winston and Fitzpatrick.  He never demanded to be paid before his contract was up.  He never held out.  He signed his first new deal before anyone even knew there were discussions, because, he never made it about himself.  After Brady got to Tampa, Evans offered to redo his deal if Brady wanted more money.  After winning the Super Bowl, he offered to take a pay cut in another new deal to make sure the team got everyone back that they wanted/needed to.

Next time you want to make a generalized statement about a player, you might want to make sure you know what you're talking about.

Good post.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm fine with it.  I love Evans.  Lattimore was acting the b!tch and Evans put that d-bag in his place.

He did the bìtch shove when lattimore wasn't looking and lattimore got up, tackled him to the ground and got on top of him.  And Evans got suspended for it.

Seems like Evans was the one that got put in his place.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

He did the bìtch shove when lattimore wasn't looking and lattimore got up, tackled him to the ground and got on top of him.  And Evans got suspended for it.

Seems like Evans was the one that got put in his place.

So this is how you evaluate situations?  Amazing analysis. I think you pinned the tail on the donkey on this one! 

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Evans yes him, from what I read he near or on the sidelines, he then ran back into the middle of the field to hit push shove some player from The Saints, stupid move, he gets tossed from that game, and next weeks game , that was selfish, a me move. 

I’m not talking about his pass or anything else. 

Now for others I see it going on in all sports , it’s all about the pay, even when they take a pay cut, thy are still making plenty, they won’t go broke if they invest correctly. 

Sorry but that’s my view on this subject. 

so Lattimore and Fournette were visibly fighting / pushing / shoving before Evans "ran from his sideline"... which was roughly 5-10 yards away from what was happening..  and Evans gets the suspension? Fournette somehow avoided ejection....

the NFL's choice of who/what/when to punish is so arbitrary. 

the ejection was warranted... not the suspension, imho. 

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

Evans yes him, from what I read he near or on the sidelines, he then ran back into the middle of the field to hit push shove some player from The Saints, stupid move, he gets tossed from that game, and next weeks game , that was selfish, a me move. 

I’m not talking about his pass or anything else. 

Now for others I see it going on in all sports , it’s all about the pay, even when they take a pay cut, thy are still making plenty, they won’t go broke if they invest correctly. 

Sorry but that’s my view on this subject. 

And your view- much like many of them- is nonsense

37 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

so Lattimore and Fournette were visibly fighting / pushing / shoving before Evans "ran from his sideline"... which was roughly 5-10 yards away from what was happening..  and Evans gets the suspension? Fournette somehow avoided ejection....

the NFL's choice of who/what/when to punish is so arbitrary. 

the ejection was warranted... not the suspension, imho. 

I'm actually ok with it.  What Evans did was stupid, but I'm not bothered by it.  Lattimore is a dirty d'bag and he got what he gives on every play, just all at once.

The refs and the league give players a little leeway on the pushing and shoving as long as it's somewhat contained amongst themselves.  Evans came running in, jumped at him, and drive himself into Lattimore.  I think that warrants a suspension.  But as I said, I'm ok with it.  I'm not mad.

He made his appeal and the decision on that appeal is supposed to come out today.  If he loses the appeal, ok, if not, great.

22 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm fine with it.  I love Evans.  Lattimore was acting the b!tch and Evans put that d-bag in his place.

Yep.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, weepaws said:

What the heck does Brady have against tablets.  

If Rodgers did that he would be crucified and called a crappy teammate.  

Brady does it all the time and hes a competitor.   

I know I know Brady has a bunch of superbowls so everyone is then justified to pretend.