Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

MNF Discussion: Minnesota at Philadelphia

Game No.2...

Inactives

Vikings: CB Andrew Booth Jr., G/C Chris Reed, RB Ty Chandler, OT Vederian Lowe, OLB Luiji Vilain, DL Esezi Otomewo

Eagles: QB Ian Book, S Reed Blankenship, RB Trey Sermon, TE Grant Calcaterra, DE Janarius Robinson, G Josh Sills

Just started streaming this one to see Irv Smith score a TD.  I think these two teams might be two of the best in the NFC, so I expect a real cracker.

Wow Phili got bailed out on a 3rd and long when a Minnesota DB played patty cake with Devonta and got called for illegal contact.

If you're not a Minnesota Vikings fan, you wouldn't understand how this is their standard operating procedure.

It's a perfectly written script. Look downright great against the Packers week one, giving fans hope, then come out and play like this.

I'll always bleed purple, but this is the teams 61st year. Haven't we suffered enough ?

5 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

If you're not a Minnesota Vikings fan, you wouldn't understand how this is their standard operating procedure.

It's a perfectly written script. Look downright great against the Packers week one, giving fans hope, then come out and play like this.

I'll always bleed purple, but this is the teams 61st year. Haven't we suffered enough ?

Primetime Cousins.  That's why he's such a valuable fantasy commodity.  You know he's going to drag ass in prime time, so you just bench him those games.  Then he's a top 8 qb in day games.

Philly's punter just ran down a cornerback for the Vikings after a blocked punt.  :o

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

I feel your pain.  Honestly, I gave up on the Vikings about 20 years ago - playoff game against the Giants during the Randy Moss era (I'm sure you remember the game).  They fell behind by 14 early in the first quarter and showed absolutely no fight after that (literally seemed like they just gave up - I could be wrong, but I want to say that it ended 44-0).  It just occurred to me that if the team cared so little, why should I invest any feelings in the team.  It was actually a very liberating moment to no longer bleed the purple.  Good luck to you.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Showboat said:

I feel your pain.  Honestly, I gave up on the Vikings about 20 years ago - playoff game against the Giants during the Randy Moss era (I'm sure you remember the game).  They fell behind by 14 early in the first quarter and showed absolutely no fight after that (literally seemed like they just gave up - I could be wrong, but I want to say that it ended 44-0).  It just occurred to me that if the team cared so little, why should I invest any feelings in the team.  It was actually a very liberating moment to no longer bleed the purple.  Good luck to you.

I remember the game well. Back then I had a local bookie. Rarely bet more than $20 on a game, but when I saw the Giants were getting points, I put $100 on them.

I was going to hedge my investment in the team :) easiest 100$ I've ever made. 

I listened to the post game show on KFAN after tonight's game. Interview with the head coach irritated me even more. He went over all aspects of the game, & closed with "that's 100% on me" each time he pointed out where the Vikings failed to get the job done. Maybe that's the problem ?

Coddle the players, when maybe they should be called out for performing so poorly.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200101140nyg.htm

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

Nice

Jefferson’s stats killed me.   Darn. 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:12 PM, easilyscan said:

That was the problem and I told my friends who wanted to bet the Vikings to reconsider.   

Vikings Packers week 1 was an outlier game.  It was the Vikings Superbowl.  Packers didn't get off the bus just like they didn't last season losing to Saints 38 to 3 week 1.

Is Jefferson really really good? Certainly.   But Packers who have a very good secondary....blew coverage after coverge.  A guy the caliber of Jefferson running wide open isn't the Vikings doing something good.  It was the Packers totally blowing coverages left and right.

Yes the Vikings are talented. But anyone watching that week 1 game thinking oh wow Vikings are the real deal! .... were kidding themselves and aren't being honest with what happened in the game.  GB simply didn't get off the bus.  Vikings at home were ready to play snd took advantage.   

Needless to say I bet the Eags -2.5 and it was easy money.