Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Superbowl

I can see the Chiefs & Bills duking it out again gonna take the Bills they look stout 

Those two teams do appear to be on a collision course for a January game at Arrowhead with a SuperBowl berth on the line.

Jimmy G back at Qb , I’ll take the Niners in the NFC. 

Don’t know how healthy Herbert is, but if he can still play I’m taking the Chargers in the AFC.  

23 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Tampa over Buffalo

Oh if the Bucs make it the NFL will ensure they win.  Foregone conclusion.  Same thing happened in the chiefs game where the yellow flags dictated the outcome of the game.  Hopefully, someone in the NFC can help out but so far everyone looked mediocre at best.  Philly ain’t good enough. 

13 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Oh if the Bucs make it the NFL will ensure they win.  Foregone conclusion.  Same thing happened in the chiefs game where the yellow flags dictated the outcome of the game.  Hopefully, someone in the NFC can help out but so far everyone looked mediocre at best.  Philly ain’t good enough. 

Yeah, that's what it was. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna go with the Rams again in the NFC. And just like last year, Chiefs & Bills will be the best game in the playoffs. Think the Bills will get the win this time around. And the Bills over the Rams.

Bills beat Chiefs this year in the AFC.  Chiefs look good without Reek but it ks still a huge weapon that changes close competitive games with 1 cat like scamper (see the end of the playoff game last year)

Tre White isn't even back yet for the Bills.

Allen is still getting better.  What separates the Bills this year is Von Miller and that Dline.  Rousseau is an animal and Von has coached him up this year.  That Dline can get after it.  Something the Bills have lacked for a while.  They can now get to QBs with 4 guys.  

Chiefs over the Eagles.

I think the AFC is easier to identify who the likely playoff teams are.  For me it's likely to be the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Chargers, whoever wins the South (right now I'd go Jags), I think the Dolphins look good and then maybe someone like the Broncos if they start to figure stuff out.

The NFC is more complicated.  I think TB, GB and Phi are likely to make it then the rest are kind of up in the air.

To go a step further, Chiefs get the top seed and face the Chargers in the Divisional round, while the Bills host the Ravens.  Chiefs over the Bills to win another Lamar Hunt trophy before capturing another Lombardi.

It's every year holmes, even going back to the bodies Coyle days

On 9/20/2022 at 12:20 AM, weepaws said:

Jimmy G back at Qb , I’ll take the Niners in the NFC. 

Don’t know how healthy Herbert is, but if he can still play I’m taking the Chargers in the AFC.  

You live in California?

we have the makings of a shark toof contest here.

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

You live in California?

No , but everyone is taking the Bills and KC, so I went a different route. 

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No , but everyone is taking the Bills and KC, so I went a different route. 

I think a long shot will emerge 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:38 PM, AxeElf said:

Those two teams do appear to be on a collision course for a January game at Arrowhead with a SuperBowl berth on the line.

Maybe. The Chiefs are not on Buffalo's level. The Chargers have more talent than the Chiefs, but their coach doesn't seem very good at his job.

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Maybe. The Chiefs are not on Buffalo's level. The Chargers have more talent than the Chiefs, but their coach doesn't seem very good at his job.

Well, coaching is part of the "team," isn't it.  And we learned what happens when a superior "team" meets an inferior "team" last Thursday.

42 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

:lol:

Just curious, where do you see the Chiefs deficiencies?

Bills on a mission after just missing last year. The Rams don’t look as strong this year compared to last.

The SF D is the real deal this year. Buffalo vs SF.

:banana:Giants vs Browns. Since everyone else is just picking the teams they root for figured I’d join the party… 

22 minutes ago, DrG said:

Bills on a mission after just missing last year. The Rams don’t look as strong this year compared to last.

The SF D is the real deal this year. Buffalo vs SF.

I hear ya.  And i saw it after I attended the afc championship, Mahomes first year as a starter (the mindset of the 2019 season).   However, the Chiefs aren't slouches, and are just as complete of a team as anybody else.   And they are on a mission too after that debacle against Cincinnati last year in the championship.  There's really only about 5 teams this year I see legitimately with a shot at winning the super bowl.  Everyone else has enough glaring weaknesses that they will be exposed at some point along the way. 

I'll take your mom for the win.   (again)

As far as NFL is concerned, It's gotta be the Bills vs Eagles so far, right? 
Next week, possible different opinion from my dumb ass self. 

This should be a tough little stretch for the Chiefs d with McDuffie hurt and gay suspended.   But once those two are back, barring other injury setbacks, this is a really good defense. 

On 9/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, gcmmidwest said:

I can see the Chiefs & Bills duking it out again gonna take the Bills they look stout 

They’ll both have to get past the Jags first 😂

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

:lol:

Just curious, where do you see the Chiefs deficiencies?

Their receivers are middle of the league at best. Their defense overall isn't as good as the Chargers. But Staley is a lot worse than Reid, even though Reid makes some really dumb decisions on offense too often. 

2 hours ago, LaChup said:

Longshot Super Bowl........Miami vs. 49ers

Miami is going to get their jocks ripped off and shoved down their throats this week

8 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Their receivers are middle of the league at best. Their defense overall isn't as good as the Chargers. But Staley is a lot worse than Reid, even though Reid makes some really dumb decisions on offense too often. 

The Chiefs defense gave the Chargers fits, not the other way around.   And Kelce didn't go anywhere.   

5 hours ago, DrG said:

Bills on a mission after just missing last year.

Just missing?  They din't even make the AFC Championship Game.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Miami is going to get their jocks ripped off and shoved down their throats this week

Allen is going to suffer a career ending tampon changing and you will be apologizing until the end of time.

On 9/21/2022 at 11:01 PM, LaChup said:

Longshot Super Bowl........Miami vs. 49ers

Doesn't seem much of a longshot anymore 49ers are looking like the real deal with cmc and hats off to tua he's growing on me 

Ninèrs Vs Chargers.  Still hope. 

The Cowboys luck themselves into the superbowl to face Buffalo... The Bills get their revenge from the 90s heartaches... Bills by 17 in a strangely boring game.

35 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Eagles get no respect

They currently have the second best odds to win the ship behind only Buffalo. I’d say that’s respect…

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

They currently have the second best odds to win the ship behind only Buffalo. I’d say that’s respect…

Was talking about this thread nobody picked them 

14 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Was talking about this thread nobody picked them 

Ok then. In this small sample size I guess  you are correct.

eagles vs kc